Personal/portable FM radio

ThaiWx

Has anyone seen the little portable "walkman" style FM radio's with a digital read-out in any shops around town? The places I've checked, unsucessfully, so far have been,

Lotus, Big C, Central, Robinsons, Makro, Amorn, Computer Plaza/City, Pantip Plaza, Kitty Electronics, Ham Electronics, Beauty Electronics, New Service, and Siam T.V. The attachment is just an example. Anything close will do.

The church I attend uses these for the Thai translation service and could use new ones. The digital read-out is easier to tune than the analog scale type which are easy to locate.

Thanks in advance for any help.

post-114070-0-04290900-1412855406_thumb.

• 1 month later...

Bump. Still searching and can add Power Buy, Ban and Beyond mall and Denchai to the list. A couple years back I ordered 25 of this (attached) style and they are starting to fail now. I don't particularly want to order them over the Internet if I can find them in CM.

Anybody seen these around? Thanks in advance for any help.smile.png

post-114070-0-27001600-1416443162_thumb.

Edited by ThaiWx

I don't think I have seen digital ones here

Shame as I love radios too

Appreciate the reply! They do seem to be a thing of the past around here. A small electronics shop called New Service on Ratchawong Rd. (across from Kasem's) used to carry them but now says his source in BKK no longer carries them.

My son has a cheap LG cell phone, no Bluetooth, no wifi, but it has FM radio. He paid less than 500 baht new. The redeeming feature was dual sims. You can only set 10 stations. Reception seemed fine to me. You can listen with ear buds or turn on the speakerphone.

Grin

My son has a cheap LG cell phone, no Bluetooth, no wifi, but it has FM radio. He paid less than 500 baht new. The redeeming feature was dual sims. You can only set 10 stations. Reception seemed fine to me. You can listen with ear buds or turn on the speakerphone.

Grin

That's not a bad idea and I may have to go that route if nothing else is found. Appreciate the tip.smile.png

Hi LawrenceChee. I was out looking some more and stumbled avcross a shop that has this style of radio. 350 baht. It's located inside Computer City (not Plaza), ground floor. As you enter the right side doors it's the shop on your left at the first corner inside.

Just thought I'd pass that along since you mentioned you loved radios.smile.png

post-114070-0-02191200-1416549139_thumb.

Hi LawrenceChee. I was out looking some more and stumbled avcross a shop that has this style of radio. 350 baht. It's located inside Computer City (not Plaza), ground floor. As you enter the right side doors it's the shop on your left at the first corner inside.

Just thought I'd pass that along since you mentioned you loved radios.smile.png

Big thanks ThaiWx !

• 1 year later...

looking for a radio that can be plugged into the mains so rather than start a whole new thread, I thought I would revive this ome ;-)

I know I can buy one online but I want to know where in CM these radios that you can plug into the electric or use batteries are sold. Nothing flash required, digital not required necessarily, looking for something around THB500ish mark I guess.