Tours To Nation Park In Cheweng

I would love to tell you a tour company (not allowed to say name) that operates in Cheweng by a french guy, he offers to take you on a speed boat (on brouchure) and good food etc.

When I booked it (in january) we turned up atthe dock by minivan, I looked a nice boat and thought man thats look nice, then the french guy said nah this one over hear is my boat.

We board it an it was a old fisherman boat and it took like 4 hours to get there.

Once we get there he goes sorry no kyaking can be done today because of the choppy waters (he forgot to mention this before departing) all we gig is see this green lake, layed on some beach and headed back on the choppy waters. Alot of people got sick from the crappy boat going up and down. The french guy (who was a big build with tats tried to intimidate us by saying too bad, its not his fault, blah blah blah if you want a discount come back to my office).

Anyways a group of us organised to all go back and demand all our money back, he refused until one of the guys on our tour insisting in turning his office upside down unless he gives us our money. He finaly did and we were all happy.

Since im not allowed to mentio his company on here, I will say

Its not next to McDonalds (to the right if your standing on the other side of the road)

It doesnt have a bluey sort of cross on the sign. :o

Warning, dont go there unless you want to go on a tour that you walk to a lake and lay on a beach when it says, Kyaking, snorkling, trek to green lake etc

Well, donz, go ahead, say it, I was taken to task for my feelings and will admit that as long as people have a legitimate complaint then go ahead and post. (yes a moderator admitting defeat :D )

What would be nice is if we could then have a counter post suggesting a good company to go with. :o

Maybe the trauma of the experience wiped it from his memory :D

Anyway, the problem of rough seas would probably have been worse in a speedboat as they generally don't handle the waves as well as some of these old converted fishing boats. The speedboats tend to slam into the waves rather than ride them (and believe me, I know. My husband has a very nice speedboat that gives me sciatic pain every time we go out in it in rough weather). So, the owner can hardly be blamed for bad weather. You should have checked the weather forecast yourself rather than rely on someone who is making money off of you to be honest about it.

As for the lack of information regarding the kayaking, yes well obviously he should have said something but from the sounds of him perhaps he belongs to this gang of bikers raiding businesses on Samui. You were lucky to escape :o

Hmmmmm, January - July ......it must have taken some courage to finally write about your experience.... :o

Well I dont have a good short term memory, too much drugs in my younger days i think

Maybe the trauma of the experience wiped it from his memory :D

Anyway, the problem of rough seas would probably have been worse in a speedboat as they generally don't handle the waves as well as some of these old converted fishing boats. The speedboats tend to slam into the waves rather than ride them (and believe me, I know. My husband has a very nice speedboat that gives me sciatic pain every time we go out in it in rough weather). So, the owner can hardly be blamed for bad weather. You should have checked the weather forecast yourself rather than rely on someone who is making money off of you to be honest about it.

As for the lack of information regarding the kayaking, yes well obviously he should have said something but from the sounds of him perhaps he belongs to this gang of bikers raiding businesses on Samui. You were lucky to escape :o

Well he was also arrogant and pointing at people saying do you have anything to say etc.

I would rather be in a nice speed boat as advertised then on this tug boat that was throwing us all around like rag dolls.

The guy was just an absolute idiot

Well, donz, go ahead, say it, I was taken to task for my feelings and will admit that as long as people have a legitimate complaint then go ahead and post. (yes a moderator admitting defeat :D )

What would be nice is if we could then have a counter post suggesting a good company to go with. :o

Well in response to Donz, from my understanding no foreigner can be in control of a vessel for commercial purposes.So if the guy was driving it well hmmmmmmmm .

To give you a good company,there are several genuine operators.One I always use & send all my friends too,is TK TOURS in Thongkrut.No fancy boats, most of the trips are around Koh Tan & Mudsum.That means you don't spend hours on the boat or exposed to rough seas.It's also a very nice part of the island which hasn't been overdeveloped,probably the closest thing to island feel.

If you like to venture further out,say National park etc.... might be a good idea to look up Lomprayah.Big CATS stable & comfortable.

Edited by Rooo