When it becomes Personal - Posting

David48

I admit that when I see a mr toad or soi biker OP I always look forward to the thread to follow.

Likewise to, soibiker at times comes across as a pious git, but to be fair I quite enjoy his posts, they add some flavour and he's up for giving it back. He probably disagrees with a lot of my posts, but that don't matter. The food court thread was brilliant.

Ayjaydee, , respect as always, keep up the posts.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irrespective, the thread has now become one about anti americananism. What a load of BS. Move on. Get back to the topic, which actually was going on ok

About 20 posts ago I wrote, "Excellent example. The above poster has chosen to turn hyperbole into another anti American post. And in doing so will try and start a flame war. The pro and anti American post will go back and forth for a while and then the thread be closed and the posts deleted for bickering.

It is the same thing over and over again. Anti Thai or Anti American.

But take note of who started it. Hint, it wasn't me. The same people start the flame wars over and over again."

So now we have your blessing to get back on topic? Thanks.

Not my blessing, you are being childish and where was the Thai bashing on this thread?

Sorry. Not what I meant. 20 posts ago I said the Anti American direction was off topic that is usually fair game as is anti Thai posting. I didn't mean to imply this thread was anti Thai yet.

You could have supported my post 20 posts ago and shut up the Anti American flamer because we are both saying the same thing albeit it took you a while longer to figure out the anti American angle.

So, do you take advantage of your second amendment rights (just for research purposes).

Not anti American because I'm from Hoboken, New Jersey.

Anyone that mentions gerbils,badgers or the usual crap that the gang spout is usually skipped.whistling.gifthumbsup.gif

Yep. It's the crap pumped out by that moronic clique that messes up this forum.

"Never were so many column inches wasted by such an untalented few"

Sorry, I was out of likes.

Always good to get a mention

Anyone that mentions gerbils,badgers or the usual crap that the gang spout is usually skipped.whistling.gifthumbsup.gif

Got to agree on this.

There are about 3 or 4 of them and the subject matter is very repetitive.

I find it easier to just ignore them and let them have their fun.

Reading properly what is written......this thread is a perfect example of that till now .....not...personal preferences........putting people down.......with silly oneliners......

The moment i have let go of posts effecting me was, when on a comment of mine, a familiar group of posters referred to me as the Rolf Harris guy.

But according to some.....those references are allowed......harmless fun ??

post-179267-0-04468400-1412929581_thumb.

• Like 1

Hey Costas. I really can't understand why other forum members are trying to upset you. You are the only member I have seen that can humorously marry the Thai and Greek customs together. And you do it so well.

Keep up the good work.

How convenient that the word Narcissism derives from Greece. Your narcissistic fellow members should remember this.

Narcissism is the pursuit of gratification from vanity, or egotistic admiration of one's own attributes, that derive from arrogant pride. The term originated from the Greek mythology, where the young Narcissus fell in love with his own image reflected in a pool of water.
  • Like 1

Reading properly what is written......this thread is a perfect example of that till now .....not...personal preferences........putting people down.......with silly oneliners......

The moment i have let go of posts effecting me was, when on a comment of mine, a familiar group of posters referred to me as the Rolf Harris guy.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-05-20-21-49-04-1.png

The Australian guy Rolf Harris? strange thing to say to anyone.

Rolf?

Wasn't he in The Muppets?

This was and still could be an interesting topic like many other topics posted on TV., yet it gets derailed, begins to turn into a slanging match and almost an invite to a MOD to close the topic - I hope they do not.

Life can be a b*tch at times, we can live with or be caught up with b*tchy people and that too can taint the posters outlook on life. They can bring that to the forum. In some respects it shows we are all human (most of us, anyway).

There is a great diversity of cultures, ideas and general ways of life roaming around on the TV board. Maybe we should be happy to have this?

Yet some posters cannot let it go. They have to keep having a dig at part of a topic instead of the whole thing. They tend to destroy the topic. Those are the people who I tend to dislike, you know the ones - I HAVE SPOKEN and I will ram my way down your throat until you are sick of hearing it, be it red/yellow. anti-American or whatever. Then topics are no longer worth reading and some posters need to be ignored.

There is a wealth of help and such diversity that can be had on TV. Long may it be so. Let the humour continue too and the offbeat topics :)

Good post, out of likes

• Like 1

The Australian guy Rolf Harris? strange thing to say to anyone.

Before i made my above comment, i googled his name.....yes what i expected came out, i only did not know he was Australian.

All just harmless banter in the eyes of respective posters. They just get their kicks in life by putting people down. Sad sad....

• Like 1

I wish the forum was more diverse. Sadly, it often seems to be dominated by one particular element, whilst members with different views refrain from posting because of this - and because of the reaction they often get if they offer a different point of view.

The in-jokey nonsense does get a bit tiresome. Maybe they could confine that stuff to their own thread rather than spread it across the forum, seeing as only a handful seem to be at all interested in it.

Those umbrellas are a trifle irritating, aren't they old chap?
  • Like 1

They are members of the M.A.S. club.

I am occasionally reacting to posts and threads, sometimes the topic is really interesting and sometimes i follow a silly post which was intended to be silly and in such case I really like some of the comments from members with real writer skills who can make me smile and enjoy their quality writing. When the bashing starts I leave the topic, simple as that. Just respect other opinions even if they completely contradict yours. The world has many colors! Oops I hope nobody will accuse me now of being a racist :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

So thats another thread ruined. And once again its the same old culprits Mr and Mrs Pedantic. I'm out of here.

It is a bit sad that, what could have been a genuine open discussion about how you view threads did take this path.

I'm yet to read all the posts yet ... maybe some members have steered it back on the straight and narrow.

I have Faith (though it wears a little thin sometimes)

You guys are getting a bit intense. How many Mormans should you take fishing?? 2........If you only take one he'll drink all your beer. Just heard that one.

I personally think David and Costa are in cahoots on this one.....you know a tag team....reeling everyone in. I think Costas long string of posts bring up subjects that most all can relate to. All may not agree but its good to find out that things which bother me from time to time are shared by others as well. Toughen up Costa and keep the humorous posts coming...........

Nice post there Mr Helmsman ... thumbsup.gif

Costas and I are not in cahoots.

The only person here I share with is MissFarmGirl ... but if you had met us ... you would know why.

• Like 2

Give up your faith. After I gave up on this I went to a thread that had hit 6 pages which I had previously not read. And blow me, who should come in and derail it it but Mr and Mrs Pedantic!!! The same back and forth off topic whiny b***ching that they did here. I don't know if they are a double act or one is stalking the other but it seems nowhere is safe from these two.

• Like 1

I think you guys are completely missing the point with your anti-american digression.

The point is that in American Football, there's no obstruction rule, and it's OK to play the man, not the ball; that's what all there blockers and whatever do. Unlike in, for example, rugby league, where the interpretation of the obstruction rule is one of the most contentious issues, especially with TV adjudication. How many times have we seen an apparently good try ruled out by Steve Ganson in the video box due to an obstruction that the referee had missed?

I'm sure, like me, you are all looking forward with bated breath to the Grand Final tomorrow evening at Old Trafford, and live on Eurosport, midnight kick-off THAI time. Chortling with glee and anticipation, and rubbing my hands to boot, almost literally.

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1

So thats another thread ruined. And once again its the same old culprits Mr and Mrs Pedantic. I'm out of here.

It is a bit sad that, what could have been a genuine open discussion about how you view threads did take this path.

I'm yet to read all the posts yet ... maybe some members have steered it back on the straight and narrow.

The OP asks the poignant question , "So, do you also give a positive preference to a Member who you like, who has a similar mind set to you? I will admit ... sometimes I do"

Got to agree on this.

The in-jokey nonsense does get a bit tiresome. Maybe they could confine that stuff to their own thread rather than spread it across the forum, seeing as only a handful seem to be at all interested in it.

I would suggest you got your answer to that part of your question.

The OP also asked, "The OP, "Do you play the Man and not the Ball? And, not to bore you but I listed many examples of that in a previous post.

I think you have done pretty well so far.

The OP asks the poignant question , "So, do you also give a positive preference to a Member who you like, who has a similar mind set to you? I will admit ... sometimes I do"

Got to agree on this.

The OP also asked, "The OP, "Do you play the Man and not the Ball? And, not to bore you but I listed many examples of that in a previous post.

We're all capable of reading the thread ourselves. Must you keep repeating bits of it?

Got to agree on this.

We're all capable of reading the thread ourselves. Must you keep repeating bits of it?

I would have changed the word...ALL...into SOME and added in your sentence somewhere.....COMPREHENSIVE