Koh Tao murders: Lawyer for migrants wants DNA evidence verified

webfact

At last......

What I have been wanting to read for a week now...

This is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back for sure.

Wonder what Mark Kent's next comment will be?

It seems that the 'exemplary professionalism' quote came from the RPT spokesman after the meeting with Somyod. Kent's only comment was much more guarded and diplomatic and he did offer the use of British DNA testing services at that meeting.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another murder earlier this year, New Yrs Eve, same beach , head injuries, pol saying he fell 50ft, but no broken bones, .

The post mortem in the UK reveals he died from drowning !

This society is sick, its obvious that this island has killers on it, who are immune to prosecution.

The Embassies have a duty to , not just to blither about the dangers of travelling to Thailand, but they now have to isolate this island and others where it has become life threatening to go there.

Why will they not, are they scared of ,'upsetting someone' while young Brits are being brutally killed, i don't get it, as ive said before Mark Kent resign, your predesessor was much more pro active,than you, but they moved him on !

He had actually started to complain to Mayors etc about the scams going on, especially the jet ski one, he did'nt sit on his high perch waffeling on and making stupid comments !

I believe the majority of us knows who committed this atrocious murder. Interestingly, there are serial killer 'gangs' :

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Serial-killer-gang-commits-300-murders-in-3-years/articleshow/1835111.cms

As for the British Embassy in BKK, we all also know how pretty useless it is, and usually a waste of our time. I get immediate responses from my local MP when I e-mail him, even when he just gets out of assembly (it helps that we are old mates), and I'm no longer living in his constituency, and haven't done so for 15 years.

The serial killer gang link above pertains to greater possibilities on KT. However, because this alledged gang is untouchable via family money and RTP contacts, it seems they would be doing it for the pleasure, rather than to gain. Sounds rather psychotic but, alas, there a psychopaths in Thailand as much as anywhere else (although no Thai has mental problems, of course!)

Forgive me for an additional conspiracy, but it could be worth noting.

Edited by Commerce

Get that DNA verified

Heres another family whos son was killed on KT earlier this year while on holiday with his family for crissake, I say killed because ... well you can read yourself.

http://1clicknews.com/thailand-beach-death-parents-convinced-son-murdered-and-his-killing-covered-up-to-protect-tourism/

Im beginning to think theres possibly a serial killer on the loose somewhere on KT

These kids and thier families deserve Justice

Just how many people have died in the last few years, or raped ? someone should look at the numbers there should be a real full investigation into KT AND the other Islands, this is beginning to stink to high heaven

Wow, the whole Koh Tao mafia thing is being blown wide open. ".....Tracy said her son Matt was warned there are “powerful people on the island”, and that the family should leave rather than stirring up trouble. They also heard other holidaymakers had died on the island and their bodies “thrown into the water in the hope they’d be washed away”.

Just leave and never mind the life [and death] of your child???? Mai bpen rai... Don't stir up trouble????? What the F..K???

British police are involved in the investigation....

The U.K. rep here in Thailand needs to grow some balls and demand British police get involved in this investigation too.

I'll never go to Koh Tao!

Edited by elektrified

Dismissing the USA FBI, was 1st concerning that they could solve it in 3 days. Tainted DNA samples. 1 Million Baht coverup? Something fishy on Ko Tao.

1 million baht is a pick up truck.

LOL 1 million Baht - maybe 20X that!

Exactly. Thjs will be in the millions . . . of Dollars.

Dismissing the USA FBI, was 1st concerning that they could solve it in 3 days. Tainted DNA samples. 1 Million Baht coverup? Something fishy on Ko Tao.

1 million baht is a pick up truck.

LOL 1 million Baht - maybe 20X that!

Didn't know Ferrari made pick ups.

Then again, there was a trawler Ferrari that scoured road surfaces looking for dead cops, whose driver now lives in Singapore, alledgedly

The chances of a double suicide are getting higher every minute.

The guilt factor must be eating away at their souls so that is probably the case!!!

The only thing they are guilty of is caving in to Police toruture

I would be interested to know what you have based this judgement on!!!

If the RTP have nothing to hide an independent test would not / should not be a problem. What is there to hide if their analysis of the DNA is correct. The longer this goes on the more face Thailand will lose and eventually their much coveted to tourism industry.

I've phoned a number of my expat friends and a number of them are now preparing to leave - I still think the only way for Thailand to change is to force it by withdrawing money and if every expat walked the economy would take a massive hit... isn't it about time we served justice?

You're obviously not a long-term settler here, and free to do as you wish, as you run to the loo from your bar stool.

However, there are those of us who have families, own houses, own cars, and are very well established with good and exemplary wives. We don't live in areas reknowned for trouble and scams (especially the islands), because we know how the system works and, added to that, we know how to play the system. Why would we desire to walk away from our established and clean paradises when we, nor our families, have commited no wrong, for the sake of the RTP crap? Answer that please.

I can relate with your comments as I am in a similar situation but I've made the decision time to move on in the near future - where is the question. Primarily because I don't want my children to grow up in a corrupt and broken society of ignoramuses. Schools for example - where it is common practice that the smartest kid does the work and everyone else copies (cheats). As a Brit, this is a repugnant concept for me. The horrific murders of David and Hannah have just pushed me over the edge but I haven't been happy for years truth be told. I assume others have similar thoughts.

......with their hands tied behind their backs hanging from the ceiling?

There was a report elsewhere that the prison governor has asked 'other inmates' to keep an eye on them - how much safer could they be than surrounded by loads of convicted criminals?

Probably safer than when surrounded by the BIB.

The guilt factor must be eating away at their souls so that is probably the case!!!

The only thing they are guilty of is caving in to Police toruture

I would be interested to know what you have based this judgement on!!!

Troll on, but I am not going to play your silly game of denial.

Get that DNA verified

Heres another family whos son was killed on KT earlier this year while on holiday with his family for crissake, I say killed because ... well you can read yourself.

http://1clicknews.com/thailand-beach-death-parents-convinced-son-murdered-and-his-killing-covered-up-to-protect-tourism/

Im beginning to think theres possibly a serial killer on the loose somewhere on KT

These kids and thier families deserve Justice

Just how many people have died in the last few years, or raped ? someone should look at the numbers there should be a real full investigation into KT AND the other Islands, this is beginning to stink to high heavy

I followed your link and have to say I'm even more gobsmacked! The family of the dead lad threatened and told to leave the island because there are powerful people etc... I wonder why social media didn't get on board with this one. The possibility of a serial killer sounds strange but certainly a possibility. I wonder if it's one the powerful family?

The Thai authorities have painted themselves in a corner. As the Great Leader has already offered to reward the investigative police team for "resolving" the double murder, the fate of the remanded suspects is sealed.

... certainly does look like that - on the other hand a lot of people watching, that'll get interesting ...

Me it reminds more of certain lyrics than of an 'investigation':

>... butterflies and zebras and moonbeams - and fairy tales ...< (Little Wing, known by Jimi H.)

clap2.gifclap2.gif

I've been posting that this is what is needed from the beginning. Who knows if samples sent to Singapore or "done by Thais" were even that found in Hannah? Who knows the same about the suspects?

If the RTP have total control, they could use the same DNA from the same people, even some people from Isaan to test in both cases and of course they would match but they wouldn't be of the suspects.

Yes quite possible.

Anyway nothing was sent to Singapore!

That was police `disinformation`, an excuse for refusing FBI help.

The bodies of the poor victims were frozen prior to repatriation. That could degrade DNA material.

They were probably `cleaned` with various preservative chemicals. I read that this is standard procedure but in this case the cleaning may have been extra thorough ?

If the RTP have nothing to hide an independent test would not / should not be a problem. What is there to hide if their analysis of the DNA is correct. The longer this goes on the more face Thailand will lose and eventually their much coveted to tourism industry.

I've phoned a number of my expat friends and a number of them are now preparing to leave - I still think the only way for Thailand to change is to force it by withdrawing money and if every expat walked the economy would take a massive hit... isn't it about time we served justice?

You're obviously not a long-term settler here, and free to do as you wish, as you run to the loo from your bar stool.

However, there are those of us who have families, own houses, own cars, and are very well established with good and exemplary wives. We don't live in areas reknowned for trouble and scams (especially the islands), because we know how the system works and, added to that, we know how to play the system. Why would we desire to walk away from our established and clean paradises when we, nor our families, have commited no wrong, for the sake of the RTP crap? Answer that please.

I can relate with your comments as I am in a similar situation but I've made the decision time to move on in the near future - where is the question. Primarily because I don't want my children to grow up in a corrupt and broken society of ignoramuses. Schools for example - where it is common practice that the smartest kid does the work and everyone else copies (cheats). As a Brit, this is a repugnant concept for me. The horrific murders of David and Hannah have just pushed me over the edge but I haven't been happy for years truth be told. I assume others have similar thoughts.

I fully agree. This (junta) country is lost. Raising children between fraud, lies, corruption, drugs, power abuse, everybody avoiding to take responsability, xenophobia, a fast growing criminality rate amongst youngsters, human trade and human abuse...... some foreigners stick in their ivory compounds and just do not want to see al of this.

I fully agree. This (junta) country is lost. Raising children between fraud, lies, corruption, drugs, power abuse, everybody avoiding to take responsability, xenophobia, a fast growing criminality rate amongst youngsters, human trade and human abuse...... some foreigners stick in their ivory compounds and just do not want to see al of this.

So you are unable to educate your kids beyond the levels of the basics necessary to pass exams, and are not able to educate them about the realities of life outside of what is taught at school?

Shame. If you could do that, they would have the best of both assumed worlds.

I would think that DNA could still be taken from the victims. Freezing would only help preserve the DNA.

I hope samples were taken in England as the ones here can not be trusted. DNA from suspects or their family taken by British investigators is needed. After comparing samples the truth will be known....

With some notable exceptions, Thai police are generally poorly educated and not very bright but their careers start with paying bribes to pass the police entrance exams. Those who get promoted to regional commands continue this trend but must also be aggressive and hungry with proven track records of passing enough money up the pyramids. They have to pay for plum jobs, followed by monthly fixed retainers. Jobs in tourist resorts are especially lucrative and command a premium. It is said that the Pattaya police chief job is worth B20 million a month in gross income before payment of the fixed retainer, so you can imagine how much the upfront premium might be for that job. Koh Tao and Koh Phangnan, which supervises Koh Tao, are not in the league of Pattaya, Phuket and Samui but they must also be lucrative posts. In addition to the daily crime busting work seen by the public police have responsibility to supervise a number of important businesses in partnership with local mafias, including protection rackets, illegal aliens, taxi scams smuggling of licquor, tobacco and oil, drug distribution, illegal lotteries and other forms of gambling, forest reserve encroachment, distribution of illegal cut wood etc etc.

Can you wonder that they are cosy with local mafias and resent being forced to do regular police work along with the intrusion of social media in their perfect little world?

After seeing allot of profiles from Hannah & David's (RIP) friends it is clear they also believe there has been an injustice done. It would be good to see a 60 minutes type interview with all the friends that were with them that night and hear there version of events. Including their knowledge of Sean and how we have perceived on the island.

Absolutely, this latest farce is just another nail in the coffin, no pun intended. For the few years I have been here there have been a succession of high profile names getting away with sheer murder/ manslaughter with all the evidence there to convict and none of them spent a night in prison, but an old man of 60 got 20 years for two text messages! Recently the leader of the yellows so against mr T for corruption got a 20 years sentence for- corruption, we all know with his connections going so high he will never spend one single night in custody.

This country is a feudal state with a thin veneer of western civilisation on top with everyone still ass licking all those above them in the pecking order. The education system is a joke, the RTP are totally corrupt, the judicial system is unjust and there is a distinct whiff of racism in the air, particularly against 'Mayamar', I hear this all the time. Fair enough if people want to look the other way or make excuses for this bizzaro land of nepotism. corruption and backwardness, I am not going to for much longer. At least we have the luxury of getting on a plane and getting back to sanity, with all it's faults. The average poor and decent Thai are still stuck with this mad, sad and bad system.

SICHONSTEVE, on 10 Oct 2014 - 15:18, said:

Trolling!!!

I'm not trolling!!

I just want to know how he knows that they are not the murderers.

If I am trolling then you lot are simply bigots!!!

Sorry, but " If I am trolling then you lot are simply bigots!!!" makes no sense, on top of that you obviously do not know the meaning of "bigot."

The pm shows a complete lack of judgement and shows why he is a only a military guy and not a politician. First, he made the insensitive comment about bikini's and she wasn't even wearing a bikini. Second he practically jumped out of his chair to say what a great job the police did and put his reputation on the line by being on their side. Why would he want to sully his own name when the police were obviously bungling the case in every way imaginable. I can't comprehend the logic behind that.

Well he's the one that appointed the chief of police so he has to back his buddy up. And his buddy just said "a perfect job".

Exactly. And as PM, the good general is also Supreme Commander of Police Dept.

It`s not about logic. It`s about absolute power.

http://nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Koh-Tao-case-a-time-bomb-for-Thailands-reputation-30245085.html

http://twitter.com/Atomicalandy

Edited by heyexile