Koh Tao revival planned

webfact

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koh Tao revival planned....... Not if we THE PEOPLE have any say in it. Its time to really put the squeeze on these bastards.... We need to start suggestions on how to do it. Things like....

Avoid booking ANY holiday anywhere through agencies or websites that don't post warnings about the island. I could go further and say don't book through anyone promoting anything on the islands.

E- mails to any agency promoting the islands with threats to boycott them...

That's just off the top of my head. Please more suggestions people. Its not enough to get on TV and simply complain anymore. Its up to us the people to take action. Find new destinations, warn everyone. We all need to do our bit. If the Thai government won't punish them we can by hitting them where it hurts most. Their future is in our hands, they must not be allowed to get away with it.

Edited by Johnsen
  • Like 1

I hate to break it to the TAT, but tourists concern isn't Ebola, its getting raped and killed by the locals. And you can't fake a cure for that in Siriraj Hospital.

Reminds me of the SARS cure Thailand found,everything here is repeated.They think we have short memories just like them.Wasn't there a cancer cure from Chiang Mai a couple of years ago.Now EBOLA.The west is still struggling with a cure for the common cold.

The first group of people who should boycott Koh Tao are not just the tourists but the migrant workers. If they all left and never came back, and if no others came to replace them, then the locals would be faced with a real problem called WORK.

But of course that's not going to happen because migrant workers can't afford it.

By the way, another beautiful country (with a very old culture, good food and smiling citizens) that's free of Ebola at the moment is SYRIA.

Edited by Yann55
  • Like 2

This is so cheap and tacky. On the day before the funeral of one of the victims and in the context of very widespread doubt about the events/perpetrators, a bureaucrat announces to the media about plans to "lure" more tourists to KT.

Of course it makes sense for them to plan: many innocent victims in this case will end up losing their jobs in addition to the real tragedy. But public pronouncements of plans are really ill-timed and disrespectful. This kind of planning is best done quietly and to give at least the appearance that Thailand is not simply obsessed with revenue from tourism but has a genuine concern for the welfare of visitors

I think they are simply too self absorbed to realise what they are doing is in extremely poor taste. Don't hold your breath waiting for this self absorption to change.

• Like 2

Eradicate the mafia on the island, arrest the real murderers, show the public that mafia and corruption on Koh Tao are a thing of the past and tourists might return. Otherwise, the cesspit of an island deserves to go down the drain and all the cowards too afraid to NOW - at the point of best timing - to open their mouths along with it!

Welcome to KT from your charming host !

post-222914-0-49271200-1412912983_thumb.

I just can't understand the silence of the British government on not only this but the events over the last couple of weeks.

Two of their subjects have been murdered and the only thing I have seen is a twitter saying we are watching events closely.

You are a t pro-thailand poster on here.Take a leaf out of your own book and lobby the british gov. read trash

Wait stop the "PRESSES" wasn't it TAT who stated a few days back that tourist's were flooding back to KOH TAO? hotel's at 90% geez did the hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ. Shame on you Thailand and on you TAT, I hope tourism drops so low that you have to scam your own people to get money, wait you already do that. Well forget taking you off that list . Oh and god forbid another disaster like that tidal wave hit you I feel no one will come to help.

Eradicate the mafia on the island, arrest the real murderers, show the public that mafia and corruption on Koh Tao are a thing of the past and tourists might return. Otherwise, the cesspit of an island deserves to go down the drain and all the cowards too afraid to NOW - at the point of best timing - to open their mouths along with it!

This, take every one of the island, destroy everything built on it and return it to it's natural state.

• Like 1

The only thing that can fix koh tao is time,

The only think that can fix Koh Tao is to be wiped of the face of the earth ( without innocent casualties ).Bring on another Tsunami.

Not even close to being funny. And hardly anything to celebrate - the murders are no closer to being solved and a major scandal is breaking which could shake this country and it's establishment to it's foundations. On top of that there are mostly innocent people getting hurt and it does not look like it will get any better soon. Think before posting childish crap, please? Oh yes, have you even been to Thailand?

• Like 1