ebay connectivity problems

lowp

In the last few weeks ebay has become essentially non-functional across various computers and browsers. (Chrome - Safari)

What typically happens is that it loads up fine, but as soon as you want to do anything on a second level. i.e. watch an item, save a search, respond to an ebay email the window, check seller's rating history etc. the window just times out and refuses to load. Clearing all cookies doesn't solve it. And to make matters worse all other ebay windows will also not work correctly, once the problem starts. Even clicking the back button does't load. I suspect it is caused by new *filters* being brought in. I am on TOT and haven't yet tested True (TOT is not as filtered as True is in general). The use of a proxy appears to work fine, but then you have authentication and a whole bunch of other issues that cripples one from any real ebay functionality.

From Safari what one gets is:

Safari can’t open the page.

Safari can’t open the page “http://www.ebay.com/myb/WatchList#WatchListContainer?sortId=25&ipp=25&Filter=1&cmid=1430&ssPageName=STRKMEWAX%3ASORTTIMELOW&_trksid=p2055110.m1439.l4281” because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection. This sometimes occurs when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes, and then try again.
Anyone else notice this problem?

Clean cache and cookies. Repair authorization. Then shut down your computer and start it again. It should be working that way.

You might find useful to post topics in the sub forum computer section for IT matters, as opposed to bangkok forum.