Sophon TV outage - just me?

topt

The TV company might have had a specific problem as a result of the down pour you guys had last night. Not an electrical power-cut during the storm but something could have slowly seeped into their cables etc.

I only suggest this because I had loss of TV signals for 2 days last year, whilst down the road they were OK. The guys fiddled around with something at the end of the road, said it was now OK and blamed a thunderstorm.

Not much help to you really I suppose.

The TV company might have had a specific problem as a result of the down pour you guys had last night. Not an electrical power-cut during the storm but something could have slowly seeped into their cables etc.

I only suggest this because I had loss of TV signals for 2 days last year, whilst down the road they were OK. The guys fiddled around with something at the end of the road, said it was now OK and blamed a thunderstorm.

Not much help to you really I suppose.

yes I was thinking something similar as it was working earlier and no rain since.

The gf will ring up tomorrow and we will see what they say.

I had that same thing happen to me once in a rented apartment where I was staying.

I was moving out the next day so I couldn't be bothered. But (much) later we found out that the landlady had gambled the money which was supposed to pay for the Cable TV and maybe also other things biggrin.png

Edited by MJCM

Have encountered same issues with sophon during nearby storms, living in soi arunothai also satellite has same loss of signal,back in uk only had satellite issues when it snowed not with rain.

Life is a beach.

I think that what "topt" encountered was not what you describe, but a complete outage. So nothing showing on the screen but "white static" on all channels. What happens during rainstorms is usually that it displays a message like "lost signal" or something else and you will still have a couple of channels that are "watchable" Edited by MJCM

Have encountered same issues with sophon during nearby storms, living in soi arunothai also satellite has same loss of signal,back in uk only had satellite issues when it snowed not with rain.

Life is a beach.

I think that what "topt" encountered was not what you describe, but a complete outage. So nothing showing on the screen but "white static" on all channels. What happens during rainstorms is usually that it displays a message like "lost signal" or something else and you will still have a couple of channels that are "watchable"

MJCM is correct and it was well after any storm/rain/wind had finished with service ok in the morning and then kaput all afternoon.