Swiss man Attempts suicide in South Pattaya Supermarket Car Park

webfact

Swiss man Attempts suicide in South Pattaya Supermarket Car Park

swiss-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Sunday, Police and rescue services were called to a South Pattaya Supermarket Car Park where a foreign man had locked himself inside his vehicle with two open gas canisters.

The incident took place at the Tesco-Lotus Car Park off the Sukhumvit Road, just before 1am. A Chevrolet Captiva was parked at the far-end of the car park near the main road and a regular security patrol found the vehicle and inside was the semi-conscious man, identified as Mr. Rudolf aged 50 from Switzerland.

Inside the vehicle was two 15 Liter gas canisters which were both expelling gas into the vehicle. Mr. Rudolf appeared in a semi-conscious state and was seen to be breathing. The vehicle was broken into and Mr. Rudolph was taken to Hospital.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/149892/swiss-man-attempts-suicide-in-south-pattaya-supermarket-car-park/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-10-13

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad, very sad, the guy has mental problems? Then I would advise him to go back to Switzerland for appropriate treatment as soon as possible! Thailand is not the best country to be if you have mental problems sad.png

Edited by SamuiAxe

Seems more a cry for help, than an intended suicide attempt.

If you really wanted to commit suicide, you'd choose a secluded spot where your not going to be discovered for a while, not a public area.

By choosing a Tesco car park, he was discovered before he could kill himself, which was probably more his intention and will hopefully get some treatment for his problems.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He looks conscious in the photos.

True, you can actually hear him mumbling something as well.

IF, I had looked that old at age 50, I would have been tempted as well.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Dude time for you to go home and stop reading TV articles. Get well soon.

Come on, have a heart. The guy wanted some attention. Who are we to deny him now? Dying? I don't think so. He didn't even shave or dress up for his funeral. w00t.gifgiggle.gifclap2.gif

Seems more a cry for help, than an intended suicide attempt.

If you really wanted to commit suicide, you'd choose a secluded spot where your not going to be discovered for a while, not a public area.

By choosing a Tesco car park, he was discovered before he could kill himself, which was probably more his intention and will hopefully get some treatment for his problems.

I got the exactly same thought. It was more a cry for help than a serious suicide attempt. Luckily he is in a part of Thailand where mental health treatment and recovery is better than in many other parts of the country.

I feel that anyone has the right to take the easy way out if he/she chooses to, but putting other lifes in danger by achieving this deserves a prison sentence after the release from hospital. Just one spark when breaking open the doors could have caused havoc and death. What an idiot! No sympathy from my side, sorry!

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 1

I guess, Another victim who had been abandoned by his girlfriend ... Life can be hard. coffee1.gif

How do you come to that conclusion Sherlock??

Because in typical TV fashion he didn't bother to read the whole story before firing off a salvo.

The article clearly states that the Swiss man's girlfriend informed the reporter that he had a heart condition and suffered from mental health issues.

And what's the point of reading the whole story if you don't understand what you've read before firing off a salvo?

It says the girlfriend of the Swiss man's son was tracked down by police...not the Swiss man's girlfriend!

• Like 2

Hope he recovers and gets back the joy of living !!

I don't want to be the world's worst grouch, but it seems to me a bit much when every time

a very dumb farang does something very dumb, such as trying to play spiderman (diving) off

an 8th floor balcony bcoz his bargirl gf doesn't love him anymore -- then out marches TV's

tearful, old-granny squad flooding us with crocodile tears and contrived condolences.

What is the real purpose of all that, if any? Do we need to constantly remind everyone that

we can be a very kind-hearted and caring bunch toward total strangers?

Just seems totally disingenuous to me.

• Like 2

I guess, Another victim who had been abandoned by his girlfriend ... Life can be hard. coffee1.gif

Because in typical TV fashion he didn't bother to read the whole story before firing off a salvo.

The article clearly states that the Swiss man's girlfriend informed the reporter that he had a heart condition and suffered from mental health issues.

Strange but in the article I can view it says his son's girlfriend, even no mention of the Swiss man's girlfriend

And what's the point of reading the whole story if you don't understand what you've read before firing off a salvo?

It says the girlfriend of the Swiss man's son was tracked down by police...not the Swiss man's girlfriend!

Touche coffee1.gif

There tend to be so, if you look at the statistics....

But as I wrote My guess

Edited by andygunther