Swiss man Attempts suicide in South Pattaya Supermarket Car Park

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks conscious in the photos.

Probably would have had more success if he had parked at home. This is not a technique used by individuals very often.

Not semi-conscious then?

It is difficult to say from the grainy photo and not being able to check pupils or verbal communication to see ifif there is obtundation, but you would likely be correct he is in a confusional state. Much would depend on how long he had been in the vehicle exposed to those vapors, eh? And if he is under the influence of alcohol/drugs as well. Is it just poor lighting or does he appear to have a slight bluish/pale dicoloration of the skin (which, ofcourse , would be indicative of hydricarbon poisoning).

As far as visual cues from the photo, it appears he is sweating through his tshirt but not profusely on his exposed skin, which would be a further indication of aspiration pnuemonia. And he is not coughing, vomiting or convulsing.

Poor guy doesn't really seem to have thought it through but reacted spontaneously. Its a very nontypical method of suicide. I don't even know if it would be considered a cry for help as much as despondency.

As another poster mentioned, perhaps best he gets back home for better treatment if thats the route he chooses.

Edited by ClutchClark

I feel that anyone has the right to take the easy way out if he/she chooses to, but putting other lifes in danger by achieving this deserves a prison sentence after the release from hospital. Just one spark when breaking open the doors could have caused havoc and death. What an idiot! No sympathy from my side, sorry!

Exactly my thoughts too...!

I guess, Another victim who had been abandoned by his girlfriend ... Life can be hard. coffee1.gif

How do you come to that conclusion Sherlock??

Because in typical TV fashion he didn't bother to read the whole story before firing off a salvo.

The article clearly states that the Swiss man's girlfriend informed the reporter that he had a heart condition and suffered from mental health issues.

Time for some new glasses all round. Swiss mans son's Thai girlfriend

I guess, Another victim who had been abandoned by his girlfriend ... Life can be hard. coffee1.gif

Because in typical TV fashion he didn't bother to read the whole story before firing off a salvo.

The article clearly states that the Swiss man's girlfriend informed the reporter that he had a heart condition and suffered from mental health issues.

Maybe your the one that needs to read the article further--it was not his GF that reported he had a heart condition and mental problems but HIS son's GF that supplied the info and that later he was returned to his family.

Don't know why so many guys want to off themselves after splitting with some bar girl/ GF. Think the problem is they have never been treated so nice been so happy with this beautiful young thing and when she leaves he thinks he won't ever be that happy again. All they have to do if they still have income say from a pension or money back home is move on to another Thai girl who will profess to love you and treat you as well as the first. Heck the second one might actually care for you.

Actually it clearly states that the Swiss man's son has a Thai girlfriend. It says nothing in the article about the gentleman's own personal relationships.

Police were able to track down Khun Sarishar aged 27 who is currently in a relationship with Mr. Rudolph’s Son

Suicide was never a solution... alcohol and drugs neither.

Hope he will get better soon and start a new life as newborn.

Err sorry, but how do you know that suicide is not a solution and never was ? Have you tried it in order to come to that conclusion ?

• Like 1

I feel that anyone has the right to take the easy way out if he/she chooses to, but putting other lifes in danger by achieving this deserves a prison sentence after the release from hospital. Just one spark when breaking open the doors could have caused havoc and death. What an idiot! No sympathy from my side, sorry!

I'd guess he wasn't looking for your sympathy. Nor mine either for that matter.

Admittedly an odd method for self extermination but what do you expect he was at a point of hopeless despair. Prison as punishment? That's sick.

• Like 1

You silly person. ;How can you say that? Could be a hundred reasons for his actions. Grow up.

Unfortunately those of us who have visited or lived here have seen or heard too many cases of guys offing themselves after some girl has left them. My first two trips to Pattaya had 1 guy hang himself another (2nd trip) overdosed on Valium at same hotel I was staying at. Another hung himself after girl that he had bought a home/store for got bored went back to dancing . Seen too many cases to mention but unfortunately it happens a lot.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He looks conscious in the photos.

True, you can actually hear him mumbling something as well.

IF, I had looked that old at age 50, I would have been tempted as well.

Insensitive or what? Not everyone's a George Clooney look alike! This poor chap needs help and understanding not derision,

Or.... maybe she came back? Sorry (little bit)... Laugh or cry, I prefer to laugh. No woman is worth killing yourself over. Or others for that matter.

Scary!!!

Does this mean that girlfriend = heart condition and mental health issues biggrin.png

Suicide was never a solution... alcohol and drugs neither.

Hope he will get better soon and start a new life as newborn.

Rubbish, suicide is the perfect solution for many people and euthanasia would be good for many others

And in some cases here on TV, forced euthanasia would end much misery.

Edited by ClutchClark