TAT to promote 'martial law tourism'

webfact

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every tourist gets a solder assigned to them when they exit immigration! Sounds like Myanmar 40 years ago when I was assigned a "political adviser" that went everywhere that I went.

How about tours to visit the innocent in Bangkok's toughest prisons, a look round klong Toey, (lucky you don't live there na) a visit to a staged fight between technical Colleges with lethal weapons used and a visit to a Police station while suspects are being tortured, the opportunities are endless!

• Like 2

Oh my Buddha... Thailand, the Land of daily new lows. The hub of nonsense press statements.

How deeper can they dig further? What amaze me even more is that it seems the population still supports the Junta... I cannot believe they are all that brainwashed and blind. I really wish the tourist high season will see a sharp decline in tourists. Thailand really needs to understand that they cannot continue to BS the World like this. Then only, they might start to realize. I wish the good General PM will realize before the Thai population start to feel the pain. Or else we are heading toward another cycle of troubles. The population support for the junta will quickly vanish.

• Like 1

Hope they don't overlook Pollution Tourism! Come to Chiang Mai in March and witness hills afire and visibilities under 300 meters, visit a hospital and see all the folks suffering. Follow that up with a tour of a burning dump outside Bankok and then a chemical dump in Rayong. Martial Law Tourism is just the start!

• Like 1

My god, what is going on in this country.... The brown nosing to the Junta shows Thailand for what it really is, an uneducated feudal kleptocracy. The campaign for happiness has absolutely no future, given the pea brains running it. . I think it is time to leave............

• Like 1

If these are true, then it must sadly be the creation of those who have no experience of the wider world and are stuck in an insular state of mind, with no appreciation of how they are viewed by people outside of Thailand.

Time for these people to wake up and get someone onboard with international experience.

Thai Authorities To Promote 'Martial Law Tourism'

By Khaosod English

14131794521413179560l.jpg

"Thawatchai said that martial law is beneficial to tourism, because it ensures that foreign tourists can be safe 24 hours a day...."

....Haemmmm.... Koh Tao rape and murder victims didn't seem to have 'enjoyed' the martial law. Did they ?!?

• Like 1

The logic on this forum amazes me.

The sad story of the Koh Tao murders are remembered as if martial law is a complete failure.

I say how many terrorist attacks have there been in the capital of Thailand since martial law? None. Martial law was implemented because General Prayuth was sick of seeing innocent blood spilt by the red terrorists. It was not implemented in late May because of tourists getting murdered or raped. Was it? It was to stop the senseless killings by red shirts. It worked and my golly gee it worked well. 10/10 for the Good General on that one. Complete success.

But lets pretend ( a bit of red shirt "make believe" if you will) martial law was implemented to protect tourists. Below is a list of a few crimes committed under a democratically elected government like;

Two female tourists die mysteriously at same Koh Phi Phi resort

Fishermen find body of murdered British tourist

Pirates attack, kills British yachtie near Koh Dong

Thai man arrested, charged with murdering tourists

Two female tourists shot dead on Thailand resort beach

Murder in Thailand: another tourist shot dead

Paradise lost: Another tourist raped at Thailand resort island

Increasing violence against tourists threatens Thailand's tourism industry

A Swiss woman was found dead on a beach in Krabi where she may have been strangled and robbed. Edith Jungen, believed to be in her 30s, was found in shallow water on Noppharat Beach in Tambon Ao Nang in Krabi's Muang district.

German woman was killed during a full moon party on a beach in southern Thailand.

Two young female tourists were murdered on the beach in Pattaya.

Two Thai men were convicted of raping and killing 21-year-old British tourist Katherine Horton on Koh Samui.

The next day a Swedish woman who was visiting Thailand with her husband and children, was also raped on Koh Samui.

So through deductive reasoning tourists are safer under martial law according to the frequency of murders and rapes (or the lack there of) since they have implemented it when comparing it to a democratically elected government.

That is PTP logic right there.

I for one feel a lot safer walking the streets of Bangkok knowing I can walk freely anywhere and not be a casualty of a red terrorist attack.

Under martial law and under a democratically elected government the crimes against tourists go unabated. That won't change.

Are you the Junta's official TV voice?

Well, he makes a lot more sense than the TAT boffins.