Pattaya International Firework Competition 2014

OPG

Does anybody know if Pattaya will hold the International Firework Competition this year (2014) and if so, when?

I remember last year's...it was very disappointing when you compare it to the previous 2 years, which were incredible, and I'm hoping they make up for the bad one in 2013.

Thank you in advance for any information pertaining to this topic.

Was under the impression that last years event was the finale of the competition.

I remember looking it up about a month ago and found that there was going to be a competition this year, but now I cannot locate anything except for discussions and articles about last year's competition. I hope you are not right as I really was looking forward to the event...I wanted to take my baby girl to see for her first time.

Sounds like November 27th and 28th Holiday inn is advertising . I think the dates do not seem right.

That sounds about right, but I searched the Holiday Inn Pattaya site for the advert and cannot find it. Is it possible that you can provide a link to the site? Thank you

A article from 2013.

After losing the Defense Ministrys sponsorship, the festival continued last November with only four teams and no participation from Thailand, other than the country donating celebrity honorary captains for teams from Canada, China, Singapore and the United States. Thailand will not participate in this years display as well.

But hope it continues this year even though i won't attend due to the inspired thais going ooh ahh and barging infront of your view to take snapshots lol.

Not seen any article for 2014 re holiday inn for same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting "accidental" finding on the Bell Bus site.

https://www.belltravelservice.com/pages/PageHome.aspx

(its a "popup" window, don't know how to link directly)

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

This year Pattaya will arrange International Fireworks Festival during Nov.28-29, 2014.

The venue will take place along beach road from North Pattaya to Walking Street.

Therefore, along the beach road until Walking Street, Bali Hai Pier and Pratumnark road will be closed from 15:00-22:00 on both days.
Edited by KhunBENQ

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all the replies to this upcoming event. I just hope that it turns out better than it did the previous year. I'm certain that my 1 year 10 month old daughter will get a big kick out all the fireworks. Once again, thank you all for the help.