Complaints of torn digital TV discount coupons are under investigation

webfact

Complaints of torn digital TV discount coupons are under investigation

10-13-2014-8-12-00-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission has asked Thailand Post company to investigate complaints from several households that the discount coupons they received through mails were pampered with as a crucial part of the coupon which could be used to claim 690 baht discount went missing.

NBTC secretary-general ThakornTanthasit said today that the complaints came from many households in ThanyaBuri district of PathumThani and Thailand Post was responsible for the mail delivery.

Also, he disclosed that more than 1,000 complaints were received by the NBTC’s call centre, phone number 1200, about some community leaders in Phicit and NakhonSawan provinces demanding ID cards from residents in their communities supposedly to be used to claim set-top boxes to watch digital TV broadcasts from companies involved in the discount coupon programme.

MrThakorn said that NBTC’s branch offices in the two provinces had conducted field investigation to check out the complaints and the NBTC, at the same time, had asked the Local Administration Department to warn local administration organisations against the malpractice of collecting ID cards from the local residents to claim set-top boxes.

Postmen too were warned not to persuade people to use discount coupons to get set-top boxes from any particular supplier as it was reported that some suppliers have offered a 25 baht commission for each box distributed.

The NBTC is in the process of distributing 4.5 million discount coupons to households in 21 provinces during the first phase. So far, about 500,000 coupons have already been received.

Discount coupons can be exchanged for set-top boxes starting on October 17 at locations to be announced by the NBTC.

(Photo : ThaiPBS file)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/complaints-torn-digital-tv-discount-coupons-investigation/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-10-14

I'm so confused as to how the coupons are suppose to be delivered to the public. I know it's based on house registration books (i., Blue Books), but my Thai wife said she heard on the TV News the coupons would be delivered by district office personnel or you would need to go sign for them at the district office....I have only seen articles like above which indicated they were being mailed out. Yeap, I'm confused...I must be in Thailand.

P.S. The wife and I live and own property here in western Bangkok...no coupon yet....nothing in the mail...no news from neighbors like, "Hey, you can now get your coupon by going to XYZ location and signing for it."

Edited by Pib

I'm so confused as to how the coupons are suppose to be delivered to the public. I know it's based on house registration books (i., Blue Books), but my Thai wife said she heard on the TV News the coupons would be delivered by district office personnel or you would need to go sign for them at the district office....I have only seen articles like above which indicated they were being mailed out. Yeap, I'm confused...I must be in Thailand.

P.S. The wife and I live and own property here in western Bangkok...no coupon yet....nothing in the mail...no news from neighbors like, "Hey, you can now get your coupon by going to XYZ location and signing for it."

We got our by mail yesterday signed for. I am so relieved to have one it does mean all the world to me.

We got our by mail yesterday signed for. I am so relieved to have one it does mean all the world to me.

Yea, I don't know what I'm going to do with mine either since I already have TrueVisions Cable and C/KU band systems for my home which is already showing the new channels. Maybe I can use it to get a discount on some new TV set--which I have absolutely zero need for and have no intention of buying. I'll probably give the coupon to some family/friends who still use TV antenna reception....I know several who have been waiting for the coupon to arrive so they could buy a box at a reduced cost....maybe even find a box that the Bt690 completely pays for...but the boxes I've seen range from around Bt900 to Bt1400.

By the way, where do you live...Bangkok?

Never mind...I should have looked at your location listing in your profile before asking...Bang Bua Thong in Nonthaburi your profile says....just outside Bangkok city limits but still considered Metro Bankgok area. Hopefully ours will show up this week or next.

Yea, I don't know what I'm going to do with mine either since I already have TrueVisions Cable and C/KU band systems for my home which is already showing the new channels. Maybe I can use it to get a discount on some new TV set--which I have absolutely zero need for and have no intention of buying. I'll probably give the coupon to some family/friends who still use TV antenna reception....I know several who have been waiting for the coupon to arrive so they could buy a box at a reduced cost....maybe even find a box that the Bt690 completely pays for...but the boxes I've seen range from around Bt900 to Bt1400.

I live a bit outside of Bangkok.. Nothaburi.. Bangyai (you know the place that was flooded before biggrin.png )

Never mind...I should have looked at your location listing in your profile before asking...Bang Bua Thong in Nonthaburi your profile says....just outside Bangkok city limits but still considered Metro Bankgok area. Hopefully ours will show up this week or next.

I did not see this post before typing my answer. If you dont need it why are you waiting for it ? Just curious. I might give it to the gf's family if they dont get one.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

some suppliers have offered a 25 baht commission for each box distributed

a get-rich-quick scheme

500,000 x 25 = 12,500,000 baht.

Granted, it would be one knackered postman with a 100% success rate. Busy retailer as well.

tongue.png

I did not see this post before typing my answer. If you dont need it why are you waiting for it ? Just curious. I might give it to the gf's family if they dont get one.

Like I mentioned earlier: "I'll probably give the coupon to some family/friends who still use TV antenna reception....I know several who have been waiting for the coupon to arrive so they could buy a box at a reduced cost"

And also, partly the principle of the thing in wanting to ensure we get the coupon versus it just kinda never showing up.

Like I mentioned earlier: "I'll probably give the coupon to some family/friends who still use TV antenna reception....I know several who have been waiting for the coupon to arrive so they could buy a box at a reduced cost"

And also, partly the principle of the thing in wanting to ensure we get the coupon versus it just kinda never showing up.

Ok sorry, I get you now. Mine was signed for... so they will probably show up.

Please give it to somebody that needs it.

Please give it to somebody that needs it.

That is my idea.. I dont even have TV anymore download everything. Been thinking about one of those IP TV boxes like expat TV. But then I am a slave to the TV again. With downloading you can watch when you want.

Well, the mail man left a pink slip in our mailbox today saying we need to go sign for a missed delivery today. It was probably the coupon as we are not expecting any other delivery we would have to sign for like if we ordered something. Next door neighbor who is at work also has a pink slip in his mailbox. Will go to the post office tomorrow to pickup whatever we missed today...hopefully it's the coupon or something else worth receiving versus a bill.

Well, the mail man left a pink slip in our mailbox today saying we need to go sign for a missed delivery today. It was probably the coupon as we are not expecting any other delivery we would have to sign for like if we ordered something. Next door neighbor who is at work also has a pink slip in his mailbox. Will go to the post office tomorrow to pickup whatever we missed today...hopefully it's the coupon or something else worth receiving versus a bill.

Picked up the coupon at the post office today...wife had to sign for it as it was addressed to her....lot of folks there today picking up the coupons since I expect many people were at work when the mailman attempted delivery which requires a signature. The mother-in-law who lives in Nakhon Pathom province which borders Bangkok got her coupon a couple days ago.