S&S Boots - poor quality

I have Alpinestars shoes and bought them at A* shop on rama 4. They feel very comfortable and have heel protections. They are not so well protected though. But good for city ride and look fashinable. Mines are black, paid 5000thb.

post-181825-14132598772704_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Short boots, while more comfortable and easier to walk in, offer no protection in the event of the foot being twisted either left to right or up and down in an accident.

There is some protection for the foot and ankle area but not from any impact or trauma to the ankle joint itself.

Personally I always wear Sidi or Forma calf-length boots, even on short trips.

Some, as one, (now thankfully banned) troll said, it's like dressing up as Darth Vader which I consider a very strange attitude towards gearing up.

post-181811-14132639374857_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe check out TCX, they're a top brand and available in several shops here, such as this: http://www.ninja-shop.net/product.php?subcat=199

I wear Alpinestars SMX-6 Perforated. After about 1,000 Km they became super comfortable, very easy on/off, but don't flow much air and they've broken-in to a degree that the ankle area isn't really stiff anymore. In fact I think my hiking boots have stiffer ankle protection. I'm in the market for a sturdier boot, might try Sidi.

• Like 1

^

If you like Alpinestars, check out their Supertech R boots- I've got a pair, and the ankle protection is excellent- the Sidi Vortice are really nice as well (I also have a pair of them and they're a bit heavy- the new Mag-1 boots are worth a look and are lighter).

The Astars sizing is spot on for me so Supertech might fit the bill but the new Mag-1 look verrrry interesting, lots of good reviews and lighter is a plus, as is the big front toe vent. I will try to find them in-store somewhere so I can try them on.

I bought this model from Panda Rider over a year ago

Still in top shape

Made by TCX 5900 baht

I will say they are very comfortable & offer decent "street" protection

waterproof lining, nice heel cup, toe reinforced where needed etc.

TCX actually has quite a few nice street or race boots at various price points & Panda

is 1st class to work with even by phone or email.

The sent these quick & inexpensively via ems to CM for me.

Boots_TCX_9536W.jpg

They have many others too like these 2014 X-Square & X-Square Evo models for 4400 baht

Boots_TCX_9502W.jpgBoots_TCX_9501W.jpg

Edited by mania
  • Like 1