When you know you have mastered the Thai way of life

dotpoom

You have mastered life here when you enter the bathroom and recognize the muddy footprints on the toilet seat as your own.

If it's a real seated toilet then I just sit down but now after more than 3 years I can actually use the Thai style hole in the floor if I must!!!

But I would say that you have mastered life here when you get the Thais to pay for you instead of the other way around and get when you get accepted in the village/comunity as a part of it and not only seen as an outsider visiting!

Here's a piece of "inside" information for all....it is Rule 62 from the book entitled "The Do's and Don'ts for living life on the Planet Earth (or Thailand)........Rule 62--- "Don't take yourself so God - - - - ed seriously".

Edited by dotpoom

I thought I'd mastered it when I cancelled my subscription. Marginal at best, and that was when they had EPL. I recall after one of their brilliant reassigning of channels I had to call them for default PIN number. They said they'd call me back. Found manual which did have number, so did myself. It's been about 3 years and still no call back.

Tear off the ends, push to open, peer inside, this time I'll cut here! WRONG...now I have two pieces of pink and white paper! Bite the corner off the little plastic bag, end up smelling like a fish market! Try to unravell the red rubber band, end up rolling it up off the bag, try to unravell it so to use it again......insanity looms! Eat KFC instead!w00t.gifwai.gif

• Like 1

i can easily bet it's op being a dunce rather than the true vision people somehow making their bill confusing.

Thank you sir, finally someone with a good answer, it happens to me and it is just fine, happens when my US mail arrives also, is has nothing to do with "being Thai" you guys complain and biotch about thainess and other insulting slander, just leave please, go back to your country and complain all you want, or maybe you guys can't hack it back in your own country so you hide here and insult the local police and body of government, I moved here for peace and quiet and I enjoy every minute of every day, I have been in 2 bombings, 1. In hat yai, 1. In BKK and I had a bad motorbike accident which was the locals fault and I spent a year in the hospital in a coma and reconstructive surgery on my face, femur and a 3rd degree burn on my stomach where I laid on the tailpipe of the wreckedbike and it burnt and inch of skin down, and I still have never complained, so all of you have nothing against this country.

Please all of you grow up.

Thank you.

I got my first true bill 3 days ago and it was very easy to open with no tutorials on youtube or anything, glad i didn't see this thread before as i'd have been dead worried.

True that, they make most foreigners look like rtards when it comes down to fiddly things. As for rubber banded food items I managed to figure those with the wrap around double back on itself thing. True move bill Il just stay pre paid for the phone and keep paying wifi at the condo and live in bliss:) ✌

yeah, I do get angry with the elastic bands - I normally have a pair of scissors at the ready to cut the bag open and avoid trying to unravel that elastic

i can easily bet it's op being a dunce rather than the true vision people somehow making their bill confusing.

Thank you sir, finally someone with a good answer, it happens to me and it is just fine, happens when my US mail arrives also, is has nothing to do with "being Thai" you guys complain and biotch about thainess and other insulting slander, just leave please, go back to your country and complain all you want, or maybe you guys can't hack it back in your own country so you hide here and insult the local police and body of government, I moved here for peace and quiet and I enjoy every minute of every day, I have been in 2 bombings, 1. In hat yai, 1. In BKK and I had a bad motorbike accident which was the locals fault and I spent a year in the hospital in a coma and reconstructive surgery on my face, femur and a 3rd degree burn on my stomach where I laid on the tailpipe of the wreckedbike and it burnt and inch of skin down, and I still have never complained, so all of you have nothing against this country.

Please all of you grow up.

Thank you.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles....but a "sense of humour" might have speeded up your recovery. None of us are complaining here...in fact we are getting great fun out of it and I think it's fair to say we love these small "irritations" so different from home where it's all prim and proper and rules and regulations. You know what a famous person once said..."Unless you become like little children etc., etc., etc.,

Hope you are fully recovered now. As I said earlier....some of us try not to take ourselves too seriously.....for me anyway it makes life that much more pleasant and enjoyable.

PS......I too know what it is like to have been released from the gates of hell when I suffered most of my life in mind and body from a terminal illness (have mentioned it here a few times in previous posts)but have now through the grace of God recovered. One of the greatest releases I got since my recovery was the ability to lose my self pity and stopped looking at myself as one of life's victims. I came to Thailand a year into my recovery. As I have said many times here.....If I were to die tonight I would die the most contented man on earth for the most wonderful 12 years of a life beyond my wildest dreams since moving to Thailand...I sincerely and truly wish for you the same happiness that has been given to me.

I got my first true bill 3 days ago and it was very easy to open with no tutorials on youtube or anything, glad i didn't see this thread before as i'd have been dead worried.

True that, they make most foreigners look like rtards when it comes down to fiddly things. As for rubber banded food items I managed to figure those with the wrap around double back on itself thing. True move bill Il just stay pre paid for the phone and keep paying wifi at the condo and live in bliss:) ✌

yeah, I do get angry with the elastic bands - I normally have a pair of scissors at the ready to cut the bag open and avoid trying to unravel that elastic

Be grateful......you are one of the "chosen few" ....for sure.

Here's a piece of "inside" information for all....it is Rule 62 from the book entitled "The Do's and Don'ts for living life on the Planet Earth (or Thailand)........Rule 62--- "Don't take yourself so God - - - - ed seriously".

• Like 1

I don't understand.......

Where is that geezer that lives in a Soi and presumably cycles everywhere, you know, The Oracle, The knower of all things Thai.

Surely he must preach to everyone here about this in his very smug and arrogant style

Wait for it ! he'll be along soon with his infamous brolly & impart his wisdom on us all. Smug & arrogant..... I think you're being kind to him.

When you stop saying GOOD MORNING to people you know .....You have mastered the Thai way of life...One of the teachers in my school says to me Good Morning only is he needs something from me and he has been living in Thailand for more than 20 years.

• Like 1

Thanks to all for getting into the spirit of the thread. My next thread on the subject (probably from the great blue yonder) will be entitled...."How life changed for me after mastering the opening of the infamous True Bill".

.....OK....maybe not, I can hear you all already.....Please Noooooooooooo.

• Like 1