Police officer fines Bangkok taxi drivers for refusing fare

webfact

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great it is a start smile.png. Now the other hundreds of thousands of taxis who do this need fining. Whilst we are on the subject why don't they fine the taxi drivers who won't take anyone when it rains? Saturday just gone, as an example. But then again I never see any Police out when it rains either. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I had the same thing happen to me at MBK last weekend, same place where that cop is in the picture. They only wanted no meter or trips with no traffic.

Happened to me at Pantip 2 days ago. Finally i got smart and called ans reported it. Let them get caught now or later as long as they get caught.
  • Like 2

Great it is a start smile.png. Now the other hundreds of thousands of taxis who do this need fining. Whilst we are on the subject why don't they fine the taxi drivers who won't take anyone when it rains? Saturday just gone, as an example. But then again I never see any Police out when it rains either. rolleyes.gif

I've had to at times to agree to a no meter fixed price during the rain... It's not much fun.

It was a very hot day and we were standing there with a newborn baby when something simlar happened to us. My friend couldn't fine them, but he made sure they drove away without any passengers. That was eight years ago, at it was at the location mentioned in the post.

Grabtaxi. Really takes the stress out of non-compliant taxi drivers if you are trying to get somewhere unusual from the centre. Normally we have to try up to 10 taxis to get a "Yes" from Sukhumvit to Chaeng Wattana. Instead we just continue sitting where we are until about 2 minutes before they are due to arrive. Worth B25? Totally!

• Like 2

If there was a decent taxi control board all the passenger has to do is phone in the taxi number ,after a vigorous investigation that driver should then be suspended and his taxi impounded, this not only serves as a reminder to the drivers , but also send a message to companies that hire their vehicles out, that fare evasion is a two sided sword and will not be tolerated, bah.gif

• Like 1

License suspension is the only thing that would work. First offence earns 2 weeks, 2nd earns three months, and a 3rd offence or more gets a year's suspension.

No license suspension doesn't help anything because than the same driver drives tomorrow with his friends license.....Often enough the pictures don't even match remotely.

Make the fee 5000 Baht and keep the taxi until the fee is paid with a storage fee from 1000 Baht per day.

The companies which rent out the taxis will be soon very helpful....

• Like 1

do not understand why there are so many people complaining about how Thailand works, you even chose to come here, enjoy ye not how things work here so no one forbids you to return to the nanny state paradise.

home in uk, australia or usa or wherever you come from so it is certainly much better to take a taxi there, but you have to expect to pay 10 times what it costs in bangkok ....

• Like 1

License suspension is the only thing that would work. First offence earns 2 weeks, 2nd earns three months, and a 3rd offence or more gets a year's suspension.

Thailand is so lawless that many will still continue to work with their licences suspended, hit them where it really hurts, take their cab of them for a week...

• Like 2