Setup Company + Bank Account for Girlfriend?

Hey,

My girlfriend wants to start her own business. No employees - just her. Does anyone know where to register a company and bank account (in the company name) and what sort of costs are involved.

This will be a 100% thai owned company. No foreigners involved.

Thanks

mikehock: yep exactly! TEFLKrabi: if someone can't (be bothered to) figure out the BASICS like how to open a bank account or register a company in 2014 in their OWN country, how likely is it they have the brains, drive and passion to make it a success? She wants to be self-enployed full-time but can't even employ a few minutes of her time to Google it or post it on Facebook on her smartphone? It sounds like she doesn't want to self employed but have an employee of one: her falang boyfriend as unpaid intern and business advisor (and let's face it, angel investor).

Why register a company with no employees?? pretty funny

So normally if you register a company you would go with a private ltd legal set up. But you need at least 3 Directors if I recall it correctly. You need an address for the company (can be your residential home) and a ne of course and them you can proceed to register it at the provincial government office. I remember that when I did it a few years back, the staff at the government office were very helpful as I did it without a lawyer. However you can hire a lawyer that does the whole process for you of course. But bear in mind that you will have to file yearly tax returns and your income at the company is taxed.

whereas if your girlfriend just opens a amall shop type business, no need to register a company. She can do this in her own name and usually you don't pay any tax on your income if just have a small shop.

hope this helps.

Don't do it. I am sure the gf will love you to deposit 1m in a bank account though especially for her signature. Actually this is a very effective way to suss out if she really loves you. High risk, but effective. You'll have the answer within a week or two at the most.

Did it occur to u bashers that pomrakkbkk maybe covering himself? This girl may tell him one thing & do another, or tell him it costs X amount wen in fact it costs v little. Duh, think outside the square guys

Thanks, someone who gets it..

Some of us got it too. "... Bank account for girlfriend" in the title gave it away. Run a mile.

Did it occur to u bashers that pomrakkbkk maybe covering himself? This girl may tell him one thing & do another, or tell him it costs X amount wen in fact it costs v little. Duh, think outside the square guys

Thanks, someone who gets it..

Your OP didn't suggest that you had any interest at all in being an ATM but now can see that you haven't even graduated from WBU yet.

Thanks, someone who gets it

Theres a business and theres a company

why does she want a company?

and where?

To my knowledge, being self-employed Thai in your own business (private) you just begin the business. Bank account for business will be in your her name, best to separate business bank account totally from private money. If she makes more profit than average 15,000 baht a month, i.e. 1801 baht a year, she will have to declare tax. If she sells some stuff that requires special permission, like alcohol, she will need to contact police and/or Amphor for permission. The Amphor’s “One-Stop” office may be able to give further information about starting up as self-employed.

Wish your GF good luck with her future business…smile.png

Edit: If she needs a sign, she will have to pay "sign-tax" - yes, there is a law for tax on signs and boards, and if the sign includes latin-letters (foreign language) the tax is much higher. However, only some areas collect the sign tax, but that may improve...whistling.gif

Edited by khunPer
  • Like 1