How Much U Earn For Being An English Teacher?

hey, Guy.

Is it a good salary to teach English in Thailand? how much can a native speaker earn for teaching English per hour for a private school or a primary school where hire only 2 hrs a day?

If we didn't graduate in teacher fields, is it possible to get a high money?

"hey, Guy.

Is it a good salary to teach English in Thailand? how much can a native speaker earn for teaching English per hour for a private school or a primary school where hire only 2 hrs a day?"

"

You will find the salary varys and relates to qualifications and job location.

Without offending if your post is an example of your english skills I would suggest you would need to start as an assistant but not necessarily in the teaching field.

Edited by mijan24

Most language schools pay between 200-350 baht per hour. I am getting between 500-650 per hour for privates which is average I think. No reason to waste time with a language school unless it's a 5 minute walk from your apartment and they can give you 4 or 5 hours to make it worth while.

Language schools don't pay much per hour generally, but if they offer you a sufficient number of hours plus other goodies, it can be a good job. From my experience, there is more money in teaching kids than in teaching adults unless you can work your way from one corporate contract to another. There is always a trade off...if you work with kids you may make good money but you have to deal with a lot of disciplinary problems/lack of motivation. Working with adults usually pays less but often has little if any stress.

• 2 weeks later...
hey, Guy.

Is it a good salary to teach English in Thailand? how much can a native speaker earn for teaching English per hour for a private school or a primary school where hire only 2 hrs a day?

You have to pay your dues, just like in any other job.

One has to start somewhere, and from there you gain experience, you meet people and then you start to build a base of contacts. If you are worth your salt it won't take long to get among the decent money.

I wouldn't take too much heed in the people who say they get thousands per hour. They could possibly be telling the truth, and good luck to them, but, these kinf\d of things are few and far between.

As you work more you will get to know what and where the better jobs are.

Good advice there, swagman. Even if they get 1,000 or even 1,500, that's not for ever hour they teach, and they might only get nine hours a week at an average of 800 baht per class. And if there's a lot of commuting time and prep time, that's a full time job for about 20K per month, counting down times and cancellations.

What counts in the long run, such as month after month, is total pay per month or per year. The landlady still wants the rent every month, etc.

Good advice there, swagman. Even if they get 1,000 or even 1,500, that's not for ever hour they teach, and they might only get nine hours a week at an average of 800 baht per class. And if there's a lot of commuting time and prep time, that's a full time job for about 20K per month, counting down times and cancellations.

What counts in the long run, such as month after month, is total pay per month or per year. The landlady still wants the rent every month, etc.

Uni jobs and school work do not usually give you an hourly rate. They put you on salary and that is for the month. You have to take into account prep time and all the other little extras that constitute teaching.

Hourly rates apply at corporate level and dodgy language schools.

Corporate work is lucrative and rewarding but unfortunately not very sustainable.

Most language schools pay between 200-350 baht per hour. I am getting between 500-650 per hour for privates which is average I think. No reason to waste time with a language school unless it's a 5 minute walk from your apartment and they can give you 4 or 5 hours to make it worth while.

200 baht an hour for 4 hours? wish i could restric my beer to 200 baht an hour, even then wouldnt be worth it!

Sukhont

What part of Thailand do you intend to live?

Outside of Bangkok you'll earn less but the living costs are also less.

30K in Bangkok might give you the same lifestyle as 20K in Chiang Mai. Don't need taxis in CM, good food for 20B/plate, cheap accommodation...

200 baht an hour for 4 hours? wish i could restric my beer to 200 baht an hour, even then wouldnt be worth it!

You said it. It's a con job that quite a few people are willing to fall into.