PM Prayut wants quality tourists to visit Thailand

webfact

No quality tourist would have dream to go to the world's most corrupt country. Expect total destruction of the tourism industry, widespread desperation and famine coming in few months....and if this happens, Thais have already been told it clearly: the government will do nothing for you: go and die ! Welcome to the Land of Smile !

Farang folk who want to travel know nothing of LOS infrastructure.............sad.png

• Like 1

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the PM actually has an advisor who he runs these statements with before putting them out to the press?

He should employ a westerner or get help from someone who actually has an insight into the views of the potential tourists they would like and that of the expat community.

Winning over your existing customer base and expanding it with a few token feel good policies in view of all the recent bad press.................instead of a stream of ludricous ideas would be a starting point! facepalm.gif

For those who seem to hate the Thais. Perhaps they rip you off and treat you badly because : (A) You treat them like crap not much better than slave level. (B) You make little effort to learn anything about Thai customs and it really shows. © The majority of expats who have lived here for years can,t even count to five in Thai, without their girlfriend (bar girl- massage girl in tow are totally helpless. (D) You dress like you got your wardrobe out of a dumpster, sex tourists are a fine example. (E) Women walk around half naked down main street or on the beach. This is Thailand not Brazil. (F) You toss your money around, shows you have no idea how much prices should be. (E) You spend the majority of your time in bars and or drunk 24/7. (F) Have zero ability to eat or order in Thai . In the twenty years i have traveled throughout much of Thailand i can,t count less than a hand full i have ever seen eating REAL Thai food. Khao San Road crap food does not count nor foreign restaurants. Treat the Thais with respect and grow a brain of common sense and perhaps you won,t have so many problems. Agree there are rip offs but no Thai is holding a gun to your head. If a baht bus wants 200 baht for a 10 baht fare its your own damn fault for allowing it. Two words you need to learn in Thai. (Mai Ao) no more problems. This is not your country you are a guest here.

• Like 2

Can't ever recall seeing scantily clad women anywhere in public in Korat Farang or Thai for that matter either, not anytime in the past 2 years I've lived here and I dress depending on how I feel that morning, sure I don't dress like Thais in mixed combats I dress for comfort, not to be pleasing on anyone else's eyes apart from my wife, and truth be told, she has zero fashion sense either she chooses what I wear depending on where we are going much to my disdain.

You're extremely judgemental and sounds like you're quite a bitter person to boot, I'd rather be out having some fun, than be a boring old fart despite my wife's shyt dress codes!!

Me thinks Thai General needs to choose his words more carefully

What he should have said was:

I will be asking Sports & Tourism Minister to improve Thailand's image to attract better quality tourists.

But doesn't matter which way you say it, to me, it's still racism & in Tourism you cater for ALL tourists.

I think PM should stop talking so direct & have somebody with speaking experience plus better understanding of current affairs like Dr.Meechai to do his public relations.

Few quality tourist come to ride in the back of trucks, travel in busses that although reasonably comfortable would not pass any overseas safety inspection and find that even basic English is lacking in the tourist sector.

Well I am glad the PM is getting stuck into the riff raff (Western) tourists. Us expats who live here have had enough of the riff raff causing trouble by throwing money around like their millionaires, polluting the beaches with their fatness, causing the cost of living to rise for those of us living in Pattaya, Hua Hin and Pooket. whistling.gif

• Like 1

The generals honeymoon is officially over, a whole life including education dedicated solely to the Thai army. He really needs advice when dealing with international issues, he should stick to trying to fix Thailand's inbred corruption first before giving out strange xenophobic mutterings.

• Like 2

Well I am glad the PM is getting stuck into the riff raff (Western) tourists. Us expats who live here have had enough of the riff raff causing trouble by throwing money around like their millionaires, polluting the beaches with their fatness, causing the cost of living to rise for those of us living in Pattaya, Hua Hin and Pooket. whistling.gif

Maybe they'd think you were a bit of a knob jockey too ?? Another Farang who thinks he's the dogs nuts by the sound of it, stop whining about tourists you were one yourself at one point and unless you have PR status, you're still classed as one!! Guys like you are whining bitches with zero lives away from their condos and laptops.

• Like 1

There seems to be a lot of sour grapes in this thread Prague is the same, Cyprus too, as is Spain, blokes whine cause they can't get English newspapers or full English breakfasts as they consider themselves as part of the "establishment" news flash YOURE NOT!!

So what if tourists throw their money around it's their money, their lives their hard earned cash, what right do you have to tell them how to behave and act?

Tell you what chief, if I was partying with mates and you made a comment about my behaviour I'd probably tell your to get " fecked" and mind your own business and if you kept on at me, I'd probably just bang you out for being an interfering busybody who's NOT my Father!!!

Not all tourists and Farang are the scum of the earth but many here are painting them this way as if they have some sort of morale right!!!

Unless they are pissing in your garden and screwing your wife then try minding your own business you ain't impressing anyone!!!!

• Like 1

There seems to be a lot of sour grapes in this thread Prague is the same, Cyprus too, as is Spain, blokes whine cause they can't get English newspapers or full English breakfasts as they consider themselves as part of the "establishment" news flash YOURE NOT!!

So what if tourists throw their money around it's their money, their lives their hard earned cash, what right do you have to tell them how to behave and act?

Tell you what chief, if I was partying with mates and you made a comment about my behaviour I'd probably tell your to get " fecked" and mind your own business and if you kept on at me, I'd probably just bang you out for being an interfering busybody who's NOT my Father!!!

Not all tourists and Farang are the scum of the earth but many here are painting them this way as if they have some sort of morale right!!!

Unless they are pissing in your garden and screwing your wife then try minding your own business you ain't impressing anyone!!!!

The fact that people are paying to visit Thailand and have holiday here, still doesn't mean they can do whatever they want. Certainly making a bloody nuisance is almost nowhere appreciated. Of course having said that, it doesn't mean just about anyone can tell you to behave. That right would be reserved for the owner/proprietor of the place you stay and the police.

PS. you might not like a full 'English' breakfast (understandable, I still wonder about the sausages), but have you ever found 'haggish' here?

• Like 2

For those who seem to hate the Thais. Perhaps they rip you off and treat you badly because : (A) You treat them like crap not much better than slave level. (B) You make little effort to learn anything about Thai customs and it really shows. © The majority of expats who have lived here for years can,t even count to five in Thai, without their girlfriend (bar girl- massage girl in tow are totally helpless. (D) You dress like you got your wardrobe out of a dumpster, sex tourists are a fine example. (E) Women walk around half naked down main street or on the beach. This is Thailand not Brazil. (F) You toss your money around, shows you have no idea how much prices should be. (E) You spend the majority of your time in bars and or drunk 24/7. (F) Have zero ability to eat or order in Thai . In the twenty years i have traveled throughout much of Thailand i can,t count less than a hand full i have ever seen eating REAL Thai food. Khao San Road crap food does not count nor foreign restaurants. Treat the Thais with respect and grow a brain of common sense and perhaps you won,t have so many problems. Agree there are rip offs but no Thai is holding a gun to your head. If a baht bus wants 200 baht for a 10 baht fare its your own damn fault for allowing it. Two words you need to learn in Thai. (Mai Ao) no more problems. This is not your country you are a guest here.

I think you will find that there enough locals getting drunk and causing mischief compared to tourists/ex pats. And the girly scene for locals is vastly bigger than what we see available for tourists. In short the locals should sort themselves out before making such comments about tourists.

Britain has its fair share of tourists and we don't ever have to discuss such things. Why? Because we respect others as equals.

Change has to start from within and I think it's that fundamental point that people are trying to call out here. I don't know what your background is but judging from your comments you have a chip on your shoulder so could do with a) chilling out and B) taking off the Thai tinted glasses.

• Like 2

Jdinasia read again I said if he was imposing himself on me then I'd bang him out as for starters it's not his place to tell me how to behave I'll leave that for the authorities secondly he's done so interrupting my good time partying, if my outlandish behaviour is deemed offensive and I was in a party of lads who were also lairy don't you think that minding your own business would be the smart thing to do?

Me personally if I'm out and there's a lads party ongoing and it's getting a bit OTT I mind my own business and I'd leave and go somewhere less boisterous !!

Not many people take being told to calm down by a NON local it might suit you it wouldn't suit the company and circles I move in, they'd see them as interfering <deleted>

I think you will find that there enough locals getting drunk and causing mischief compared to tourists/ex pats. And the girly scene for locals is vastly bigger than what we see available for tourists. In short the locals should sort themselves out before making such comments about tourists.

Britain has its fair share of tourists and we don't ever have to discuss such things. Why? Because we respect others as equals.

Change has to start from within and I think it's that fundamental point that people are trying to call out here. I don't know what your background is but judging from your comments you have a chip on your shoulder so could do with a) chilling out and B) taking off the Thai tinted glasses.

Go to a local party with your better half and you will see the same behaviour from young Thai Lads I've been to dozens of big village parties and there's always drunk locals fighting with each other I have seen Thais stagger through the streets too acting aggressive drunk as monkeys topless and spitting all over the place actually come think about it I've seen more Thais than farangs like this in the past 24 months

• Like 1

Go to a local party with your better half and you will see the same behaviour from young Thai Lads I've been to dozens of big village parties and there's always drunk locals fighting with each other I have seen Thais stagger through the streets too acting aggressive drunk as monkeys topless and spitting all over the place actually come think about it I've seen more Thais than farangs like this in the past 24 months

Precisely my point.

I showed my Thai wife your little diatribe.

Essentially, you can wear a tuxedo, eat somtam pla ra, count to a hundred in Thai, bow and scrape to your heart's content but you will still be up for what you can be taken for every step of the way.

Assuming the status of a farang with a Phd in Lonely Planeteerism who knows how to wai a tree means diddlysquat to any Thai.

You ain't Thai. You're fair game. Giving yourself some stupidly affected and imaginary airs and graces that set you apart from any Pattaya weekender is simply a delusion on your part.

Incidentally, I'm not a guest here. I live here lawfully as a resident and expect due process irrespective of which of my Hawaiian shirts I may sport.

• Like 2

Mr. Fat sounds just like the type the PM was talking about. Did some comments hit a nerve because its the truth ? Granted Thais can get out of hand at times but this is their country. Many Thais i have spoken to don,t think highly of many foreigners . The first thing that comes up is how often foreigners are drunk causing problems. Thai men have bar girls also, but they don,t go around showing off their latest girl in public nor grabbing at Thai women out in public. Nothing more gross than a drunk fat old foreigner slobbering all over a young girl in public. The girl wants her money and to get away from the grossness as soon as possible. Don,t know how many foreigners i have seen daily walking out of a store with cases of booze or walking around before sunrise with beer in hand. Shows a serious lack of respect to the locals.

• Like 1

Perhaps if Thailand could be bothered to drag it arse off the bottom of the table of the bottom league for Human trafficking they would get more "Quality Tourists" (People like myself). Instead they are inundated with Boat people and obscure Tribesmen from the North wearing pointy hats and eating road kill and spiders

• Like 1

Jdinasia read again I said if he was imposing himself on me then I'd bang him out as for starters it's not his place to tell me how to behave I'll leave that for the authorities secondly he's done so interrupting my good time partying, if my outlandish behaviour is deemed offensive and I was in a party of lads who were also lairy don't you think that minding your own business would be the smart thing to do?

Me personally if I'm out and there's a lads party ongoing and it's getting a bit OTT I mind my own business and I'd leave and go somewhere less boisterous !!

Not many people take being told to calm down by a NON local it might suit you it wouldn't suit the company and circles I move in, they'd see them as interfering

Got it .. You would respond to words with violence. There really was no need to repeat yourself.