TAT launches campaign to promote family-friendly Thai destinations

webfact

Mommy mommy... Why are all of these girls standing on walking street ?

Mommy Mommy .... Is that young girl holding his hand his daughter ?

Mommy Mommy ..... Why does that man dress like a woman ?

Family destination smile.png really ???

You don't have lady boys in your country? I thought they were universal.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could end up in a big mess.

When people look through the guide and decide to visit the attraction, they will notice how run down and poorly managed many of those attractions are.

If the tourists can see past the con jobs, mangy soi dogs, unhelpful staff and the lack of cleaning/maintenance, then it may have some success.

Before trying to generate money from the outside, how about improving the inforstructure first. A stronger education system without western teachers, have parents responsible for making sure their offspring get to school, don't copy homework, stop facebook 10 hours a day, drive when 16 not a 7 year old in traffic, stop selling Thai whiskey to 12 year olds, cig's, enough of the Mauy Thai boxing 10 hours a day.

They want the outside world to come here and all of these blowhearts have never set foot outside of Thailand. We don't need to endanger of family more, I perfer Disney World (USA) level. Oh! wait they can copy that here if the machines don't kill you.

When people look through the guide and decide to visit the attraction, they will notice how run down and poorly managed many of those attractions are.

If the tourists can see past the con jobs, mangy soi dogs, unhelpful staff and the lack of cleaning/maintenance, then it may have some success.

That is why they build the new mega malls. It is like in countries where snowfall is a problem they build heated walkways between buildings so people can shop. In Thailand instead of snow you have pirates and soi dogs. I took cabs in Chicago for years to avoid the Lincoln Park Pirates and now do the same thing in Thailand. It's not too difficult.

That is why they build the new mega malls. It is like in countries where snowfall is a problem they build heated walkways between buildings so people can shop. In Thailand instead of snow you have pirates and soi dogs. I took cabs in Chicago for years to avoid the Lincoln Park Pirates and now do the same thing in Thailand. It's not too difficult.

The mega malls where the staff are busy on their phones?

Tourists will voice their own opinions on social websites. I find it interesting that on some sites promoting hotels etc, that Thais give glowing reports, while westerners do the opposite. Seems that some Thais have no idea what a clean hotel room is like or what a hot buffet breakfast means...

Edited by thhMan
  • Like 1

Tourists will voice their own opinions on social websites. I find it interesting that on some sites promoting hotels etc, that Thais give glowing reports, while westerners do the opposite. Seems that some Thais have no idea what a clean hotel room is like or what a hot buffet breakfast means...

I eat at mega malls all the time. I eat at Fuji and Macdonald's and other chain restaurants in the malls. I have never seen an employee at Fuji or Mac's chatting on the phone when I wanted service. Last week I bought some shoes at Crocs clerks not on the phone. Paid my 3bb bill, ladies not on phone. Paid my TrueVisions bill, ladies not on phone. The mall was busy and I saw no one on the phone.

In my country , Mongolia we don't like tourist much Always M***K up the country

In Bangkok, they like tourist's money very much but a lot of locals hate foreigners...

It's very interesting to hear and understand comments made by locals (I speak Thai BTW)

I eat at mega malls all the time. I eat at Fuji and Macdonald's and other chain restaurants in the malls. I have never seen an employee at Fuji or Mac's chatting on the phone when I wanted service. Last week I bought some shoes at Crocs clerks not on the phone. Paid my 3bb bill, ladies not on phone. Paid my TrueVisions bill, ladies not on phone. The mall was busy and I saw no one on the phone.

I'd say that lots a sales clerks tend to be more preoccupied with their phones than with potential customers. It's what I noticed in BKK, anyway.

The quality of service delivered @ restaurants is, now, very inconsistent (to say the least). We eat @ Zen, Fuji and the likes quite often. Even @ 5-star hotels QoS is going down :-(

• 2 weeks later...

i wonder how many new tourism campaigns TAT launches per year? Seems like I see a new one announced around once a week. And then I wonder how many are considered successful and how many are failures? TAT probably don't even know although I'm sure they will say the great, great majority are successful.

It's almost like during the Gulf War when a rocket launching or artillery unit would shoot their weapons and then get the heck out of that firing location...many times not knowing if their weapons hit the intended target...Shoot and Scoot tactic they called it....TAT seems to use such a tactic with their very frequent new campaigns. Probably some retired general running TAT like most every other govt/semi-govt agency in Thaland.

Have you been to the UK or US lately? Thailand (as most Asian nations) are simply copycats, re: your comment "Probably some retired general running TAT like most every other govt/semi-govt agency in Thaland."

FYI ~ gov't controlled Martial Law statutes are a global phenomenon. The LOS gov't is just more honest and open about it coffee1.gif

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/horror-hits-hong-kongs-famed-red-light-district/ar-BBd7ZKt

Hong Kong attracts "quality" tourists but as you see from above aricle don't have a problem with a red light district that is internationally known for many years. Had some problems with drunk Brit killing 2 bar girls--- they say problems with new crowds using drugs but Thailand should not try to hide but continue its "nitelife " but safeguard tourists and keep in adult areas like Walikng Street and acompaning soi's and Bangkok red lite areas like Nana or Soi COwboy ect.