Where can i repair my car where they speak english?

filgerman2014

I have a problem with my car. The battery gets always complete empty after couple of days. I already bought a brand new battery but same problem. It seems that the car dont charge the battery again when i am driving. Dont know what to do. Do anyone have an idea what to do and where to find a car repair station where they speak goog english?

thanks a lot

Seems like you might have:

1) A poor connection to the battery (check the HT Leads and terminals yourself)

2) Poor/broken wiring to the alternator (which again, you can check yourself if you know where the alternator is)

3) A faulty/broken alternator, which you will need to get tested and then if necessary, replaced at a garage

You could always take your car to a local main dealer (Toyota etc, Honda, Isuzu, Mitsubishi etc), they all have good repair and maintenance centres. Otherwise, ask around and find out where the locals get their repairs done and take someone with you who can translate for you.

Good luck....

• Like 1

I live in Doi Saket san pulei Chiang mai

If you come from Doi Saket,drive the 118 to C Mai,after 5-6 km on the left there

is a Mobil sign.The owner is Thai,but did live in the USA for many years.

Yep, I second that. And they came recommended to me by other foreigners.

As dvg said: coming from Doi Saket and heading town, pass the Horizon on your right and just after that there is the Cosmo (or Susco, I keep on forgetting that) petrol station. Opposite is the Mobil sign and the perfect English/American speaking Thai mechanic.

I brought my cars there. Told what the problems were, and asked for a general check-up and oil change as well. He checked, then before going ahead he called me to tell the problems. the suggested repairs and changes and the price. No overcharges.

Definitely two thumbs up from me. :)

J&N Auto Repair is also a good shop. Jimmy worked in las Vegas for years before returning.

On the 2nd ring road near Global House. Looking directly at Global House, his shop would be

to the right, within maybe, half a km. Row of water tanks, then turn in to his shop.

Edited by wwest5829
  • Like 1

J&N Auto Repair is also a good shop. Jimmy worked in las Vegas for years before returning.

On the 2nd ring road near Global House. Looking directly at Global House, his shop would be

to the right, within maybe, half a km. Row of water tanks, then turn in to his shop.

A bit far from Doi Saket, no?

A bit far from Doi Saket, no?

Yep, nonetheless, that is where I go and can recommend. I live near Doi Saket .

The place in Doi Saket that Nienke suggested is a good place for you to get this repair. Pom who is the owner used to live in America and speaks very good English. It is located across the road from the Horizons Resort and about 300 meters back toward Chiang Mai. It sits next to a car wash. Here is the GPS on the location: 18.854411, 99.095893

• Like 2

I've noticed that since the in and out regulations have been tightened up, there are loads of new people signing up with the sole intention of being derogatory. I suppose if you can't come back into the country it's quite sad, dream is ruined and all that's left for them regarding Thailand is TV where they come to hurl insults in order to get rid of their anger.

My guess is this PJcm cannot speak a word of Thai.

Re Post 15 "Definately reccomend J&N. Jimmy will see you right, no need to speak Thai".

It's OK if Jimmy works on your car, but I'm not so confident about his mechanics.

Edited by Tywais
Removed deleted quote

Inflammatory and off topic post removed plus replies plus edited to remove quote from one post. I wonder how many member's technical Thai is up to snuff to be able to explain the problem? smile.png

Don't want to say my Thai is up-to-snuff, but i did manage to make the mechanic (other shop, only Thai spoken) understand it was the alternator in the Hyundai. He put in a new one and the problem was solved.

Nonetheless, I'm glad to have found Khun Pom and his team, to whom I speak to in Thai, English, Tinglish and gibberish (this thingy, that beep-beep, and not to forget the kkkkkrrrrrs, and kkkggggrrrs.) .

And, boy , that man excels at his multi-lingual skills! :D

• Like 1

Inflammatory and off topic post removed plus replies plus edited to remove quote from one post. I wonder how many member's technical Thai is up to snuff to be able to explain the problem? smile.png

Fair question.

What percentage of the members have sufficient Thai to understand four sentence directions to find the toilet?

I've noticed that since the in and out regulations have been tightened up, there are loads of new people signing up with the sole intention of being derogatory. I suppose if you can't come back into the country it's quite sad, dream is ruined and all that's left for them regarding Thailand is TV where they come to hurl insults in order to get rid of their anger.

My guess is this PJcm cannot speak a word of Thai.

Re Post 15 "Definately reccomend J&N. Jimmy will see you right, no need to speak Thai".

It's OK if Jimmy works on your car, but I'm not so confident about his mechanics.H

Hey son, I have lived in Thailand since 1977 continuously, came here to set up an insurance company for a French Insurance Co, I have been employed in the Insurance industry in Thailand until 1995 and retired, I do speak Thai fluently and can speak the Chiang Mai dialect as well. I first visited Thailand in 1966 and spent a year here with the wonderfull USAF in Udorn Thani. So you see son it is I who wonder if you can speak any Thai and could you have a Thai conversation on the phone, the true test of fluency. If you don't young man. best not say anything. Didn't your Mommy teach you that.