Help me value my truck, please?

Hello, I feel a bit lazy asking this but I honestly am having a hard time researching it. I am thinking of selling my truck and have no idea what kind of price i should be looking at. I dont know anyone else who has had one and I cant see one for sale in the classifieds..... Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

Its a 3 Litre Isuzu V-Cross Prestige 4x4 Automatic, black, with Cary-boy electric top up/down. Its in good condition, exactly 2 years old and has done 60,000 KM's. Regular servicing and well looked after truck.

I paid 1,035,000 for it 2 years ago and an extra 35,000 for the Cary-boy, also another 15,000 for chrome bull bar and a few other bits like 3M tinted windows etc. So all in all, it owes me 1,085,000

What am I looking at here, about 800K something like that? Less?

Also could you please suggest some places to sell it, aside from classifieds here on TV?

I cant edit for some reason. Just to say I paid 1,005,000 for it. Not 1,035,000. It also has a tow bar and electric socket for trailer/caravan.

Mods can I just say I am not promoting my truck here lol.... If I wanted to do that I would just stick it in the classifieds. Genuinely just looking for a little help in getting the value of it :)

Here is one http://www.thaicar.com/used-cars/d319794/isuzu-d-max-12-15-v-cross-4dr

and another http://www.thaicar.com/used-cars/d336403/isuzu-d-max-12-15-v-cross-4dr

so as a private sale maybe 650,000 baht...

no idea why but the new ones appear to drop faster then the old ones did in 2 years.

1 year old 750,000 baht !!! http://www.taladrod.com/w20/Search/CarDet40.aspx?cib=1479692

Appreciate the feedback people thank you very much. Bugger me.... I might just hang on to it given those prices. The listed value is indeed 800K+ but market prices right now are more like 650K+. I was thinking of selling it and buying a Wildtrak 3.2 which sell for 1,039,000. I would have to shell out around 300-350K to upgrade. I wasn't expecting that!

Sort of got the bug though now. I had no idea Wildtraks came in 3.2 engines. I always thought they were 2.2 only which put me off buying one when the new ones released. I love me Isuzu - its solid and quick - but the Wildtraks just seem like another level to me.

Anyway thanks for you help

TLS

Appreciate the feedback people thank you very much. Bugger me.... I might just hang on to it given those prices. The listed value is indeed 800K+ but market prices right now are more like 650K+. I was thinking of selling it and buying a Wildtrak 3.2 which sell for 1,039,000. I would have to shell out around 300-350K to upgrade. I wasn't expecting that!

Sort of got the bug though now. I had no idea Wildtraks came in 3.2 engines. I always thought they were 2.2 only which put me off buying one when the new ones released. I love me Isuzu - its solid and quick - but the Wildtraks just seem like another level to me.

TLS

Well if it's any consolation, the Wildtrak 3.2L was discontinued a couple of months ago - now only available in 2.2L form.

TLS

Well if it's any consolation, the Wildtrak 3.2L was discontinued a couple of months ago - now only available in 2.2L form.

Are you sure? They have a brand new one at my Ford dealer in Hua Hin and when I asked if I could order any other colour they said it would not be a problem, 1 month delivery?

TLS

Are you sure? They have a brand new one at my Ford dealer in Hua Hin and when I asked if I could order any other colour they said it would not be a problem, 1 month delivery?

Yep. I'd suggest seeing before paying.

TLS

Still on Ford Thailand website..... http://www.ford.co.th/en/trucks/new-ranger/features/power-economy?sitetype=web&site=FTHEN#f=1

Fords wonderful service, they dont even know what they make, or update website after 2MONTHS.cheesy.gif .

I'm willing to give them benefit of doubt. They sent out a PR saying the 3.2L would no longer be in their MY2015 lineup - so it could be a back-track, a runout of existing stocks, or their website could be wrong ;)

Fords wonderful service, they dont even know what they make, or update website after 2MONTHS.cheesy.gif .

I'm willing to give them benefit of doubt. They sent out a PR saying the 3.2L would no longer be in their MY2015 lineup - so it could be a back-track, a runout of existing stocks, or their website could be wrong ;)

Do you think they will replace it with something else IMHO?

Appears they will be at quite a disadvantage in that segment without 3.2.

What's your opinion?

I'm willing to give them benefit of doubt. They sent out a PR saying the 3.2L would no longer be in their MY2015 lineup - so it could be a back-track, a runout of existing stocks, or their website could be wrong wink.png

Do you think they will replace it with something else IMHO?

Appears they will be at quite a disadvantage in that segment without 3.2.

What's your opinion?

I can only speculate, but my guess is some departments really want the 3.2L to headline the range, but other departments are really tired of all the delivery and customer problems around it. Making public/open apologies over non-delivery isn't something anyone likes to do..

IMHO, there is a real problem trying to market the biggest, but also lowest HP truck on the market, and it's only going to look worse once the next gen from T & M launch... I'd like to imagine they have a plan...

There was big news last week that Ford USA is considering reviving the small pickup version of the Ranger for the domestic market. However, the Ford executive was quoted as saying it would be considerably smaller than current global Ranger (Thailand size), which is now surprisingly 90% of the size of an F-150!

As global (Thailand) small compact pickups have grown larger in recent years, with Ford leading the pack, maybe Ford is retrenching this idea of bigger is better? Considering that they have been globalizing many models in the past few years, maybe there is a Ranger junior in the works, and they will just let the 3.2L go quietly into history?

One sold recently on Facebook for 650 000.

All depends how fast you want to sell and where you are located

This.

The market is flooded with cars and pick ups that people bought during the Shins vote buying years of popularist policies.

They couldn't afford them and more and more are appearing on the market everyday with very few buyers, most are on the listings for months before disappearing and being listed again months later still not sold.

As others have said keep the Isuzu or you will lose even more money on the Ford.

The economy is only going to get worse for years.

Edited by arthurwait

Two years old. 60,000 km on it......Ask 975,000 on baht sold dot com

Be willing to go down to what you want for it.

I had a 6 year old Nissan truck I had paid 400,000 baht for, with 80,000 km on it. I advertised it at baht-sold dot com at 300,000 baht.....I would have been tickled shitless to get 250,000 baht.

Some Thai guy showed up 48 hours after I placed the free ad there & offered me 280,000 baht. I let him have it for 285,000.

I had it washed & cleaned & took 5 or 6 pictures & posted them with the ad. Again it was free there a few years ago to post an ad. Not sure about now. I was getting ready to post it here on the TV classified section when Somchai showed up with cash in hand.

My suggestion is to advertise it for 50K Baht more than what you are prepared to accept.

============

Oh yeah, this was in Pattaya.

Just saw you are contemplating buying a Ford....go ahead & buy one of those things American football players & boxers stick in their mouths along with it to protect your teeth.

A Ford will beat your teeth out. They ride like a tank. Stick with the Japanese trucks....This coming from an a Norte Americano (Florida) boy.

Edited by jaywalker

Keep your Isuzu. Only Ford fans or crazy people buy Ford's in LOS.

Or anywhere else. F.O.R.D. = Found On Road Dead.

Nah I've had a couple Ford trucks, my Dad had a few. They were garbage as compared to Japanese engineering.

Toyotas & Nissans are the Cat's Meow when it comes to trucks.

Both have a few quirks, but nothing like a joke of a Ford.

I put 400,000 miles (640,000 km) on a Nissan truck I had - 1992 model. Damned thing would probably still be going if my brother hadn't wrecked it a couple years ago.

One thing about Nissans is the flippin' window regulators are garbage. ALWAYS had problems with rolling the windows up & down & I've owned more than one Nissan...Always the windows having problems. Car, trucks you name it.

Currently own a 2006 Toyota Tiger. No complaints so far other than the driver's seat could use some lumbar support......That & the RETARD at Car-Boy (near Ocean Marina in Pattaya) that changed the oil & forgot to tighten the plug.

Luckily I spotted the oil stain in the driveway before it went dry. It wasn't hard to spot in my driveway.

Two years old. 60,000 km on it......Ask 975,000 on baht sold dot com

Be willing to go down to what you want for it.

I had a 6 year old Nissan truck I had paid 400,000 baht for, with 80,000 km on it. I advertised it at baht-sold dot com at 300,000 baht.....I would have been tickled shitless to get 250,000 baht.

Some Thai guy showed up 48 hours after I placed the free ad there & offered me 280,000 baht. I let him have it for 285,000.

I had it washed & cleaned & took 5 or 6 pictures & posted them with the ad. Again it was free there a few years ago to post an ad. Not sure about now. I was getting ready to post it here on the TV classified section when Somchai showed up with cash in hand.

My suggestion is to advertise it for 50K Baht more than what you are prepared to accept.

============

Oh yeah, this was in Pattaya.

Just saw you are contemplating buying a Ford....go ahead & buy one of those things American football players & boxers stick in their mouths along with it to protect your teeth.

A Ford will beat your teeth out. They ride like a tank. Stick with the Japanese trucks....This coming from an a Norte Americano (Florida) boy.

The market has changed a lot in a few years. Asking 975,000 Baht is at the moment simply very, very overpriced. Asking a realistic price, with possibly the 50k plus you mention, makes much more sense.

Hi,

I very recently had a 3.0L 4 door Toyota vigo champ automatic. It was 2 years and 8 months with 47,000 KM. It had the bull bars, roll bars, and roof rack and the fancy light covers, bells and extras etc.

Nice looking car. It cost me around 950,000 B nearly three years ago but came in at 1,000,000 with finance over 3 years on half of that. I haven't included the extras as that was my choice to flash it up.

I advertized on baht sold.com with four pictures and it was washed and polished. A clean vehicle, only one owner and non smoker.

I was quoted 720,000 B from Toyota guy. I sold private in two hours flat for 775,000 advertized at 785,000 B to a Thai dealer.

I bought a brand new one at 950,000 2014 model with built in navigator, new style air con and various other modifications and a years free insurance plus all light guards, door guards, tinted windows, thrown in allegedly FREE.

Don't buy a Ford!.......they collapse in value......... Stick to Toyotas, Isuzu, Mitsubishi, etc Good luck whatever you decide to do.

I can't seem to get into the car sales sites but would really like to know what they value it at.