Thai Police: Flaws in Koh Tao murder case now fixed

webfact

"He added that the extra information requested did not concern any central details of the case"

That's because all the 'central details' are still wandering the streets of Koh Tao. facepalm.gif

TROOEMD - Thai Royal Office Of Evidence Manufacture and Dissemination. Located across the hall from the Inactive Post Division.

CSI LA has just cracked this case wide open

There is a direct match to the mystery man on the CCTV who was allegedly not on the island that night

Looks like a dead ringer to me

I have no idea whether the insert pic is one of the Burmese guys or one of the Thai suspects (RTP aside), but either way only the lower pic, where it looks like the face from the insert has been photoshopped in, looks similar (duh). In the upper, un-doctored pic, the ear isn't showing, the nose is steeper and smaller (could be due to blurriness though), and the angle of the face is also less pronounced.

Far from definite IMO.

it's a dead ringer and

the stench of this case coming from the RTP and the PM will surely reach Downing Street

So who's in the insert, the son? Then, admittedly, I may be more open to seeing a semblance.

A little off topic I know, but I just got to think about it.

Whatever happened to the size 40 footprint, that in the beginning of the "investigation" was considered an important clue?

None of the almost "petite" suspects seem to macth a 40 shoesize!whistling.gif

Firstly, I am short 5'3" - shoe size 41.

So that doesn't seem such a discrepancy.

Secondly, consider that the Thai PM has been in close contact with British and Myanmar governments to discuss this case.

I think that the efforts of the police were closely scrutinised and it would be difficult for them to 'fix' this case and appease 3 heads of government with different agendas.

Thirdly, the fact that it took 2 weeks and not 2 days might indicate that picking up and fitting up the nearest available witness was not going be be an acceptable option.

Various blunders were evident and the fact that it took 2 weeks to find 2 people living in a small island, using the best available resources of the Thai police, might lead us to recognise the usual corrupt bully boy tactics of the police were not going to work here. Despite the less capable officers of the law falling back on tried and tested methods.

Finally, consider that the prosecutors sent back the breif to the police to ensure the prosecution case was watertight and not open to scrutiny, even from the most sceptical observers amongst us, well aware of the history of Thai justice.

Now, lets suppose the culprits are the ones in custody and ask yourself if you are concerned about their human rights and whether or not they were tortured in custody.

If they did commit this hideous crime, they are brutal murders and rapists, they evaded the police for a time and are using the noteriety of the case and history of poor police practices to claim they were coerced into confessions.

Who amongst us hasn't witnessed someone in this country refusing to accept the abject truth of a situation to save face. Insisting black is white.

I am only looking at the facts of the case as an observer, but the British and Myanmar governments have stopped communicating their concerns.

I was going through the news after being away for a few days and after following a story ended up

watching Sondhi Limthongkul the Thai media mogul and elected leader of the new politics party

confirming what most people on here think that the two Myanmar boys are scapegoats and the

real perpetrators are known to most people on the island of koh tao.

before last night I didn't have a clue who he was but although in the video he spoke thai there

was a transcript of his main accusations in English.

I searched other news outlets and not one word of this anywhere I looked, the site I accessed

is open but I think not mentionable on here?

I would think this would be a big story so why not one word in the media/press/tv .

I tried to start a new topic in the general forum but got this topic locked by the mods

and told to post in the news section in any koh tao topic's

as I can't start a new topic in the news section this effectively means a lot less members

will see and be aware of the contents of my post.

what was my closing question again?

• Like 1

Here we go again . . . it's "perfect" cos they say so . . . so say the most untrustworthy gang of thieves (Police) in Thailand . . . followed closely in being "untrustworthy" by the "politicians" . . .

Yea, and they are right about one thing....it's "fixed".

Yes,

the "fix"is in.

exactly the police can apperently give sentence before your found guilty judge,jury,excutioner

It should also be noted that not only did the police lie about what the prosecutor had asked for they have also threatened the accused with harsher sentences if they recant their confessions.

A panel of prosecutors had merely asked the police investigators to review the case and to maximise the punishment in light of evidence the suspects had tried to cover up their crime, he said.

The suspects were informed of the revised penalty recommendation, but police have not said how many years in prison they may face, he said.

What is the only harsher penalty than life in jail ?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It should also be noted that not only did the police lie about what the prosecutor had asked for they have also threatened the accused with harsher sentences if they recant their confessions.

A panel of prosecutors had merely asked the police investigators to review the case and to maximise the punishment in light of evidence the suspects had tried to cover up their crime, he said.

The suspects were informed of the revised penalty recommendation, but police have not said how many years in prison they may face, he said.

What is the only harsher penalty than life in jail ?

Suicide?

lets hope the layer has some balls

This is just a theory and maybe another TV member can let me know if I assume wrongly, but assumption #1 is that the prosecutors of this case are likely more intelligent than the police involved gathering the evidence and putting together a story? yes?

So, let's say that while going over this huge document the prosecutors find bits where the story is weak or something just doesn't fit.....something that once inspected or viewed by the defendants side will hurt the prosecutors case?

Well, how do they get that document back to the police to "improve"? Well, they publicly hand it back saying it lacks substance and we all the while assume that the "substance" is factual evidence when in reality maybe they wanted to hand it back so they could have the police take something out rather than put something in?

Whose side are the prosecutors on anyways? I highly doubt they are above the rest of the lot here and are squeaky clean above the law sorts? Lawyers after all right?

They are all sitting on the same side of the boat - they give a toss about an individual or a murder victim, especially about some burmese migrants without papers... All they care about is to keep the tourist dollars flowing in and protect Thailand and its officials from "losing face". Two patsies taking the fall, and knowing that a possible serial killer got away with it is just collateral damage to them... Also rest assured that the defense lawyer already has been threatened into submission and will do absolutely nothing to save the patsies. It's a f#$&ing disgrace sad.png

lets hope the lawyer has some balls and stands up to this despicable injustice.

lets hope the layer has some balls

This is just a theory and maybe another TV member can let me know if I assume wrongly, but assumption #1 is that the prosecutors of this case are likely more intelligent than the police involved gathering the evidence and putting together a story? yes?

So, let's say that while going over this huge document the prosecutors find bits where the story is weak or something just doesn't fit.....something that once inspected or viewed by the defendants side will hurt the prosecutors case?

Well, how do they get that document back to the police to "improve"? Well, they publicly hand it back saying it lacks substance and we all the while assume that the "substance" is factual evidence when in reality maybe they wanted to hand it back so they could have the police take something out rather than put something in?

Whose side are the prosecutors on anyways? I highly doubt they are above the rest of the lot here and are squeaky clean above the law sorts? Lawyers after all right?

They are all sitting on the same side of the boat - they give a toss about an individual or a murder victim, especially about some burmese migrants without papers... All they care about is to keep the tourist dollars flowing in and protect Thailand and its officials from "losing face". Two patsies taking the fall, and knowing that a possible serial killer got away with it is just collateral damage to them... Also rest assured that the defense lawyer already has been threatened into submission and will do absolutely nothing to save the patsies. It's a f#$&ing disgrace sad.png

• Like 1

Whatever happened to the size 40 footprint, that in the beginning of the "investigation" was considered an important clue?

If they did commit this hideous crime, they are brutal murders and rapists, they evaded the police for a time and are using the noteriety of the case and history of poor police practices to claim they were coerced into confessions.

Who amongst us hasn't witnessed someone in this country refusing to accept the abject truth of a situation to save face. Insisting black is white.

I am only looking at the facts of the case as an observer, but the British and Myanmar governments have stopped communicating their concerns.

As an observer why do you think these 2 kids would know anything about poor police practices ? You reckon they have a vast knowledge of previous police crime handling ?

How would they know they have become notorious. I very much doubt they have access to Burmese newspapers or T.V.

So all in all, just another RTP bum boy.

As an observer why do you think these 2 kids would know anything about poor police practices ? You reckon they have a vast knowledge of previous police crime handling ?

How would they know they have become notorious. I very much doubt they have access to Burmese newspapers or T.V.

They were free for 2 weeks prior to arrest, they are represented. Is the Myanmar government, who have every right to be sceptical of ftp practices.

That's why I think they could be using the system. I don't know anything just thinking of likely scenarios given the moves and f various key players in this drama. It could also be a fit up, I don't know. Then again neither do u.

I am afraid that this case has confirmed my worst fears , the only reform that will happen will be further entrenchment of patronage. The disenfranchised majority will continue to suffer and it will end in serious tears !

Yep. For post coup cronyism and patronage in police department, check the link.

http://thaitribune.org/en/hot-issue/5886

CSI LA has just cracked this case wide open

There is a direct match to the mystery man on the CCTV who was allegedly not on the island that night

Looks like a dead ringer to me

BS its not a dead ringer.

Anyone can photoshop an asian boy with that kind of haircut into the lower picture.

I really hope people understand this is not an evidence , pure speculation form CSI LA:

That picture is a dead ringer of the son. I fully concur...

I suggest you start using your brain instead of believing everything you see.

That picture is not a dead ringer , its photoshopped and could have been anyone , any asian boy with that haircut could match the lower picture , even the suspects , one of the myanmar boys .

Edited by balo

They were free for 2 weeks prior to arrest, they are represented. Is the Myanmar government, who have every right to be sceptical of ftp practices.

That's why I think they could be using the system. I don't know anything just thinking of likely scenarios given the moves and f various key players in this drama. It could also be a fit up, I don't know. Then again neither do u.

Before they were arrested the case wasn't notorious. Think of some more scenarios that make a little bit of sense.

Try using the evidence that all points to it not being them. Rather than the non evidence that points to it being them.

That picture is a dead ringer of the son. I fully concur...

I suggest you start using your brain instead of believing everything you see.

That picture is not a dead ringer , its photoshopped and could have been anyone , any asian boy with that haircut could match the lower picture , even the suspects , one of the myanmar boys .

there is a big difference between photoshopped to deceive

and color enhanced or lightened to allow for a comparison

I see a dead ringer, and, because the social media is what has been pressuring the police to make one mistake after another,

expect them to have their crescendo blowoff of bullshtt

Before they were arrested the case wasn't notorious. Think of some more scenarios that make a little bit of sense.

Try using the evidence that all points to it not being them. Rather than the non evidence that points to it being them.

That's utter rubbish we were all up in arms about the poor response of the rtp. The British press wrote daily updates about it. It sure was notorious. Even without suspects in custody. Not least because of the ridiculous statements and action s of the rtp.

If the Thai government wanted a simple fix they could have done it in the first few days. I don't think u know what ur talking about Bertie. Why has the British government stopped discussing it with the Thai government? Why not wait to see what evidence is produced? And sure there are many unanswered questions. However I will not rush to judgement without first hearing the facts.

As I said before, I don't know, and neither do u.

Where were the blood splatters on the clothes of the accused the morning after ?

Where were the wet clothes of the accused after they had dragged David into the sea ?

Where is the CCTV footage of them going back home via the bar where they left the guitar ?

Were their finger prints on the murder weapons ?

Why was their DNA not matched the first time they were tested ?

Who used the condom with Hannah's DNA on the outside and nothing on the inside ?

How did their semen get on the outside of the condom when there was no mention of it earlier ?

Have these and the many other questions been fixed ?

I think you know too much already.

Be careful. You IP address is log by the Thai Police.

I just feel more pity for the parents as all of these coverups and fake claims will make it harder to find the real culprits.

i think we all have a good grasp on who the real killers are. its through the help of the community that helps us link the evidence.. so the culprits will get what they deserve. ... i mean jail. why not check out CSI LA facebook. you could ask your questions there.

Where were the blood splatters on the clothes of the accused the morning after ?

Where were the wet clothes of the accused after they had dragged David into the sea ?

Where is the CCTV footage of them going back home via the bar where they left the guitar ?

Were their finger prints on the murder weapons ?

Why was their DNA not matched the first time they were tested ?

Who used the condom with Hannah's DNA on the outside and nothing on the inside ?

How did their semen get on the outside of the condom when there was no mention of it earlier ?

Have these and the many other questions been fixed ?

I think you know too much already.

Be careful. You IP address is log by the Thai Police.

and i have worked with those incharge of internet crimes. ... their main tool is... WHOIS.net. what a joke.

• Like 1

I still say that photo is a dead ringer but please keep your rebuttles coming. No doubt you are being paid or instructed to rebuttle everything by some Thai child brain fool. If you actually had any smarts you would shut the f up and hope that the case dies down and blows over. Every time you all respond you keep the OP news story at the top of the first page and drag another ten posters in.. Its absolute gold how you keep going on... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KEEP THE REBUTTLES COMING. You are doing the public a massive favour. By the way have you heard nearly 92,000 signatures. Just 8,000 more to go. GOLD GOLD GOLD and did I mention THAT PHOTO IS A DEAD RINGER FOR NOMSOD 55555

• Like 1

it's a dead ringer and he is toast

especially since we know they are all following our every word,

and, how exactly will they trace everyone?

the entire world is now hearing about their habits of torture and scapegoating,

if they want to go the next level and become international pariahs then they are finished in the world, and no western company will trade with them,

it will be "take your baht and shove it"

laugh.png

Edited by jpeg
  • Like 1

"We have added information to the case," Pol.Maj.Gen. Paween explained. "The incomplete parts of the case that the prosecutor wanted the police to add more to are now perfect.” He added that the extra information requested did not concern any central details of the case.

More new Thai witnesses suddenly "remember" to see the double murder after receiving brown envelopes from the village chief.

• Like 1