Land Required Pattaya Siam Country Club Area

Jing-jo

Hi looking for good plot of land around the siam country club area to build on

or failing that a nice size 3/4 bedroom house between the country club and the temple

to be near my brother and dads houses

can anyone give any good reliable pointers for land agents architects building contractors etc etc

have been stiffed by greedy land agent over the 3rd plot we were to buy price went up 85%

yes thats right 85%

many thnx

also does any body know the contact details of the office that deals with what you can use in the house re electrical gear have loads of expensive electrical fittings here that are uk spec very safe and look so cool

and also what you can and can't import

good shipping company to thailand from the UK?

will be in pattaya for 3 weeks ish 10/11 to 04/12

mainly to play golf :o

so can look with a veiw to buy than

thnx agaain

Wife and I used a Thai agent to handle our purchase. Her name is Khun Noi (015144998). I couldn't recommend her enough. Other than being incredibly beatiful, which pissed off my wife no end, she was extremely professional and we transferred the land with no problems. Good luck.

Both myself and friends have used a company called Paragon Properties - they are very decent straight-talking bunch of guys who made sure we got the best possible deal (the same plots of land were 20% more expensive with other agents).

Go and have a chat with them, one guy is called Eddie, from Newcastle in UK and is really helpful - he works at their Jomtien office. Tell him Martin from Hull sent you! See what he says. Good luck.

Be careful. Rumours have it that they are going to build a disney world in that area and the city planning department are in the preliminary stages of constructing a big motorway. I have a friend on an oil rig who bought his dream house in the vicinity. On one of his trips back he noticed a line of white canes crossing the end of his garden. Furious, he went to the Town Hall. They told him nothing. He made more local enquiries and one of the local Thais who told him they were intending to construct the mororway. He then returned to the Town Hall with this alarming information and an engineer admitted it was true (about the motorway) and it is going to touch the end of his garden. Why wasn't he told about this before he bought his dream house? Nobody knew. Why didn't anyone ask permission to put the canes across his garden? Nobody knew. Will he be paid compensation for the eventual devaluation of his house? Apparently not. The motorway is genuine and the disney world is only another rumour that may or may not happen. Get a Thai to befriend and ask around with the local Thais before you buy.

Be careful. Rumours have it that they are going to build a disney world in that area and the city planning department are in the preliminary stages of constructing a big motorway. I have a friend on an oil rig who bought his dream house in the vicinity. On one of his trips back he noticed a line of white canes crossing the end of his garden. Furious, he went to the Town Hall. They told him nothing. He made more local enquiries and one of the local Thais who told him they were intending to construct the mororway. He then returned to the Town Hall with this alarming information and an engineer admitted it was true (about the motorway) and it is going to touch the end of his garden. Why wasn't he told about this before he bought his dream house? Nobody knew. Why didn't anyone ask permission to put the canes across his garden? Nobody knew. Will he be paid compensation for the eventual devaluation of his house? Apparently not. The motorway is genuine and the disney world is only another rumour that may or may not happen. Get a Thai to befriend and ask around with the local Thais before you buy.

many thnx Jessy

will get my brother and his thai wife to check on this

again many thnx

The Motorway is old news - its been on the plans for about 6 years that I know of - its an extension of the 6 lane highway that comes down from Lam Chabang. The latest plans are pretty much confirmed, but to say what you said is naive - bet your friend never thought to *ask* anyone at the time of purchase, "is anything due to be built here in the future" - you know like common sense due dilligence. Big areas around Crocodile Farm are going to be affected as it the area directly next to the Siam Lake View estate on Soi Siam Country Club. The road will basically go around the Regents School side of Maprachan lake and then split - one way going to 3rd Road in Pattaya and crossing Sukhumvit in between the Index and SB furniture Malls - the other fork will go down towards Rayong and cross Soi Siam Country Club just to the side of the Siam Lake View estate.

And to confirm, works are currently underway at the extension of the motorway. Pretty much all the landfill taken out Mabprachan lake is being used for that road...

Can anyone give a link to the proposed routes of the mortorway extensions.

I assume they are not too close to you and me, Monty? :o

I appreciate what you said, Digger, because my friend and his Thai girlfriend should have done more asking before they bought, and in hindsight he was foolish to go ahead and buy land without researching and poking around for information for a few months before jumping into buying. But they naively bought it in good faith from a Thai lady who told them nothing about the motorway that will run at the end of their garden.

With regards to the motorway, nobody knows for sure exactly where it is going to go - it is naive and misleading to people on this site to suggest that you do know. As I understand it, the plans have changed several times already and what is decided now is only about 65% sure, and Thai engineers down at town hall are no more than 65% certain themselves - about what is already prepared. The fat cats are still liable to change the other 35%, presumably as sweetners are paraded around the table. We have seen it many times before, but nobody can say for certain excactly where it will go - only about 65% certain.

And to confirm, works are currently underway at the extension of the motorway. Pretty much all the landfill taken out Mabprachan lake is being used for that road...

Can anyone give a link to the proposed routes of the mortorway extensions.

I assume they are not too close to you and me, Monty? :o

Picture of route on another thread here