Hua Hin Hotels

bkkgooner

Looking for a spot to treat the wife - 5k - 7k a night max for a romantic couple of nights away

Tripadvisor has my head spinning and it seems very difficult to get a reservation at the Centara on the dates that I fancy, what would people recommend?

I'm actually really surprised at the price of some of the hotels I have been looking at

Nearer town - Putahracsa Resort (about 6,800 - 12,000 baht per night depending on dates)

A little further out - Asara (about 6,500 - 10,000 baht per night depending on dates)

To the South of the Town - Lets Sea (about 6,800 - 12,000 baht per night depending on dates)

All of these places above are lovely...

Check out latestays for a good quick rate comparison...

http://www.latestays.com/thailand-hua_hin_-_cha-am-hua_hin/

My wife and kid prefer the Dusit, I prefer the Centara.

The Centara is more laid-back and beach like, (breakfast in the breeze-way) the Dusit is a little more formal.

Both are great. The beach is nicer (albeit more public) at the Centara.

The Dusit has more activities and packages. Be sure to check what promotions they have on their website before you book.

I like going to the pool or beach or even the lobby with a book. One nice thing about staying at a great hotel is that you don't need to go anywhere.

Your wife is Thai, yes? You're going to end up going wherever she wants anyway, why get caught up making her pretend like she cares what you want to do?

Have fun.

I like going to the pool or beach or even the lobby with a book. One nice thing about staying at a great hotel is that you don't need to go anywhere.

Your wife is Thai, yes? You're going to end up going wherever she wants anyway, why get caught up making her pretend like she cares what you want to do?

Have fun.

Haha, cheers mate for the advice

The Grand Pacific Sovereign just down the road at Cha Am is very nice, we have stayed there quite a number of times. Best to have a sea view room. booking.com have it at an almost reasonable price at present.

Beaches aren't that good, but pool is very nice. Breakfast is usually excellent and there is also I nice relaxing area to have coffee or drinks. Many prefer Cha Am to Hau Hin.

The Centara, is that what used to be called Sofitel ...if so then we stayed there once in those little villas with there own small pool ... really nice but was a bit pricy if I recall. Must admit at that time I thought the rooms in the hotel weren't that great.

• 3 weeks later...

I have book a room at the Anantara Resort & Spa.

As it is for us the first time in Hua Hin i know nothing about this hotel.

Can somebody give me some information about this resort.

We are going just to relax and visit places during the daytime. (we have a car)

A few years ago l stayed at the Holiday Inn in Hua Hin which l enjoyed very much as it was right on the beach and with nearby restaurants. Cannot seem to find it on any of the internet booking agencies as l was planning on going next March. Anybody know if it has changed its name or joined another group.Thanks