Thai actor playing soldier part arrested for wearing military uniform

webfact

This is how martial law works. You put the fear into everyone and you report anyone you think is disobeying the Junta. Sick people here.

Try that in Europe or USA....police or army uniform .....and there is no martial law.

Actors wear police and military gear ALL THE TIME in the USA. The only difference is, they generally don't take their costumes off the set, but it isn't uncommon for an extra to have his own costume for some roles.

And now there's the dear 67 year old man sitting in a prison for writing his feelings on a toilet wall. Probably facing 30 years in prison.

What is happening here.

I am afraid.

You're afraid.?

Of exactly what? Ebola? A drone strike by the U.S.? MSG?

Thai Visa members are very helpful, give us a few hints and we can help you overcome your fear.rolleyes.gif

halloween, on 17 Oct 2014 - 15:57, said:
Mango Bob, on 17 Oct 2014 - 15:51, said:

This is how martial law works. You put the fear into everyone and you report anyone you think is disobeying the Junta. Sick people here.

We're terrified down here! Perhaps you might consider why somebody would report him.

He was acting suspicious..... he wasn't asking for tea money.

And then there's the 500 baht for reporting people. Extra if you have good photos to show as evidence.

Wod? You kidding or that a fact - they actually put out this hefty prize to rat on fellow citizens? Sweet!

If so it has obviously escaped me ... should be a moneyspinner given the mentality hereabouts ...

Edited by jollyhangmon

Try that in Europe or USA....police or army uniform .....and there is no martial law.

Actors wear police and military gear ALL THE TIME in the USA. The only difference is, they generally don't take their costumes off the set, but it isn't uncommon for an extra to have his own costume for some roles.

yes as you say....on the sat. On the gasoline station some weird old laws depending on what country you are in can make real troubles. Even more if it is a foreign uniform (theoretically you could be stripped of your citizenship in my country for joining a foreign army or treason). Of course finally there won't be much but it comes to some military law and military police and most probably an arrest first. And judging from my country the military police is neither friendly nor bright.

So what about Prayuth wearing suit to play PM, he has'nt yet been voted into the position.

PM Prayut was elected and voted in by the NLA members, an NLA functioning as both parliament and Senate. Furthermore PM Prayut was royally endorsed..

Sadly forum rules doesn't allow the reply, your post are begging for!!coffee1.gif

• Like 1

In the USA, wearing a Military Uniform with patches, if you were not in any Branch of Service is called "False Valor". It is a Federal Crime to do so. It's covered under 10 United States Code, subtitle A, part 2, chapter 45, sections 771 and 772. Anyone not is service wearing a uniform during Wartime is committing Treason. The penalty for that is Death and has been unchanged since the Revolutionary War. Wearing a Police officer or "Peace Officer" uniform by impersonating that position will get you charged with committing a "Felony Crime". It is unlawful especially after 9/11 to do so. You will probably be handed over to Homeland Security and be detained and questioned for a bit then charged. Your life will be miserable after that. Placed on the "Watch List" etc. I'm not sure how it will end up for the Thai Actor, but I don't think it will be severe as if it occured in the USA.

• Like 1

In the USA, wearing a Military Uniform with patches, if you were not in any Branch of Service is called "False Valor". It is a Federal Crime to do so. It's covered under 10 United States Code, subtitle A, part 2, chapter 45, sections 771 and 772. Anyone not is service wearing a uniform during Wartime is committing Treason. The penalty for that is Death and has been unchanged since the Revolutionary War. Wearing a Police officer or "Peace Officer" uniform by impersonating that position will get you charged with committing a "Felony Crime". It is unlawful especially after 9/11 to do so. You will probably be handed over to Homeland Security and be detained and questioned for a bit then charged. Your life will be miserable after that. Placed on the "Watch List" etc. I'm not sure how it will end up for the Thai Actor, but I don't think it will be severe as if it occured in the USA.

Most in the US arrested for false valor (and it happen more then many may realize) are found to be people that are less then rational types and get off easy. If a crime is committed and the uniform is part of the gig they get hammered. This guy is a Thai actor so I am sure he is less then rational, give him a break.

And if it is a foreign uniform, it might be even worse.

So what about Prayuth wearing suit to play PM, he has'nt yet been voted into the position.

PM Prayut was elected and voted in by the NLA members, an NLA functioning as both parliament and Senate. Furthermore PM Prayut was royally endorsed..

Sadly forum rules doesn't allow the reply, your post are begging for!!coffee1.gif

Well, lucky me. Mind you, even though you might not like it, by law there was nothing wrong with my answer. Apart from a few posters here not agreeing that is.

Equally strange that PM Prayut has been received in Italy and by other Prime Ministers as real and one of them. No one left the room when he entered or when it was has turn to speak. Maybe PMs tend to be more pragmatic than TVF posters, or maybe less quarrelsome ?

• Like 1

Bob, thats how your version of Totalitarianism works...most Thai people couldn't give a shit and are living their lives as they did before the coup

Edited by Mudcrab

And now there's the dear 67 year old man sitting in a prison for writing his feelings on a toilet wall. Probably facing 30 years in prison.

What is happening here.

I am afraid.

He's 26, not 67.

He's arrested for falsely impersonating an officer, not writing on a wall.

No wonder you're afraid, normal with your level of confusion.

He's another very confused person.

Oh relax already! You'll make yourself sick. There are laws against impersonating police & military (by wearing the uniform) in many countries, including the U.S. (with no martial law, just Obama...) And this guy will probably just get off with a warning - you'd think from your alarm & drama that the poor guy was being stood up in front of a firing squad! One gets the impression there are people sitting around trying desperately to pick up on any little thing they can use to try & stir up people against the current military government. IMO, THAT'S the greater sickness.

Agree

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Oh relax already! You'll make yourself sick. There are laws against impersonating police & military (by wearing the uniform) in many countries, including the U.S. (with no martial law, just Obama...) And this guy will probably just get off with a warning - you'd think from your alarm & drama that the poor guy was being stood up in front of a firing squad! One gets the impression there are people sitting around trying desperately to pick up on any little thing they can use to try & stir up people against the current military government. IMO, THAT'S the greater sickness.

Agree

Agree.

Back to the actor, probably though the law doesn't apply to him because he's handsome.

Maybe he was uttering the lines- "We will not go after the rich and powerful. We will not upset the apple cart. We will not go after well connected individuals like the families in Koh Tao". We do not want to upset the apple cart". No, come to think of it, if he was saying that they would not have known he was an actor.