PM Prayut proposes expanding Asia-Europe cooperation at ASEM

webfact

No answer to my points ??? typical of your clans propaganda machine. when genuine points are mentioned your lot have the same one liner replies.

If you people want to slag off the army/PM, you have to be able to back up the last regimes reputation.

Do you have to answer for Alwyn ??? as you all have the ready scripted replies to any posters points.

"If you people want to slag off the army/PM, you have to be able to back up the last regimes reputation." - this is of course complete rubbish, the shortcomings of one regime don't mitigate the shortcomings of the next.

the main difference being that if someone DID outline a criticism of the current regime it would be quickly deleted by TV who are in constant state of caution in case they are hauled over the coals if they publish anything that is too critical of this regime.

..amd it's been said before; if you think the previous regime was the primary reason for the coup you need a lesson in Thai history.

I have pointed out the same thing happened in the Thaksin regime---Thai Rak Thai pro Thaksin news.---TV controlled programs, short memory ???

I do not have a problem with the truth, but to read the anti army/PM stuff is unreal as these same posters will not hear anything bad re-PTP.

Take this topic---I asked some apologists to point out the failures of PTP---the did not want to answer-------you can join the crowd of Hate the PM I want to wait 3 years and see what we have-----and I wish to compare then. have fun answering yourselves because few original posters are replying to political topics because of the blocks of recruits spewing out nasty rhetoric. have fun.

this conversation is pointless, Thaksin government was corrupted as most are but was still democratically elected.

For no matter how much control a prime minister has in a democracy, people do not go to jail or forced into "attitude adjustement" programs.

I worry when people forget about Hitler, Mussloni, Franco, Stalin and what happens during "coups", when someone forgets history he's doomed to repeat it.

Anybody trying to justify overthrowing elected governments, no matter how bad they are, is ignoring all the values that allowed western society out of Dark Ages.

Freedom of speech, human rights, elected rapresentatives, all of these are not just opinions but universal values that we shall never disregard.

Stop childishly listing the bad of one side and another, it is not the point, the one who plays the dictator card is always wrong.

Besides, the army has been ruling Thailand for the most of post war era, anybody really dare to tell generals are corruption free?

There is no difference between the 2 sides, and I will pick neither, but I'll stand by democracy and human dignity, always, that is what 2,000 years of human history teaches anybody who reads it.

2,000 years?? In what country??

• Like 1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have pointed out the same thing happened in the Thaksin regime---Thai Rak Thai pro Thaksin news.---TV controlled programs, short memory ???

I do not have a problem with the truth, but to read the anti army/PM stuff is unreal as these same posters will not hear anything bad re-PTP.

Take this topic---I asked some apologists to point out the failures of PTP---the did not want to answer-------you can join the crowd of Hate the PM I want to wait 3 years and see what we have-----and I wish to compare then. have fun answering yourselves because few original posters are replying to political topics because of the blocks of recruits spewing out nasty rhetoric. have fun.

this conversation is pointless, Thaksin government was corrupted as most are but was still democratically elected.

For no matter how much control a prime minister has in a democracy, people do not go to jail or forced into "attitude adjustement" programs.

I worry when people forget about Hitler, Mussloni, Franco, Stalin and what happens during "coups", when someone forgets history he's doomed to repeat it.

Anybody trying to justify overthrowing elected governments, no matter how bad they are, is ignoring all the values that allowed western society out of Dark Ages.

Freedom of speech, human rights, elected rapresentatives, all of these are not just opinions but universal values that we shall never disregard.

Stop childishly listing the bad of one side and another, it is not the point, the one who plays the dictator card is always wrong.

Besides, the army has been ruling Thailand for the most of post war era, anybody really dare to tell generals are corruption free?

There is no difference between the 2 sides, and I will pick neither, but I'll stand by democracy and human dignity, always, that is what 2,000 years of human history teaches anybody who reads it.

Nakajima just getting confused. Humans have been democratic for 2,000 years ??? 5555555555555555---I ask him what book should I read.thumbsup.gif

No answer to my points ??? typical of your clans propaganda machine. when genuine points are mentioned your lot have the same one liner replies.

If you people want to slag off the army/PM, you have to be able to back up the last regimes reputation.

Do you have to answer for Alwyn ??? as you all have the ready scripted replies to any posters points.

"If you people want to slag off the army/PM, you have to be able to back up the last regimes reputation." - this is of course complete rubbish, the shortcomings of one regime don't mitigate the shortcomings of the next.

the main difference being that if someone DID outline a criticism of the current regime it would be quickly deleted by TV who are in constant state of caution in case they are hauled over the coals if they publish anything that is too critical of this regime.

..amd it's been said before; if you think the previous regime was the primary reason for the coup you need a lesson in Thai history.

Gin, you have only been on this board since 2010.

TV did not control comments on Mr T. I have been on this board since 2005 and can assure you that Mr T was getting a pasting on TV back then.

You don't seem to be asking questions but make statements? How can antone answer your statements when they are your own thoughts. You are entitled to them as others are theirs.

got confused---TV and TVF are different My TV remarks were referring to the television that Thaksin controlled.

As well you are aware democratically elected is no guarrentee for a non democratically run regime, that had to be thrown out.

This is the only situ that could have happened. Like it or lump it.

I will simply await the time for the next election---Without having to slag off everything the PM is doing. The Thais here in Issan are not slagging him off, most seem to get comfort for what he is trying to achieve. Dictator--coup leeder--not elected-- name many other descriptions. Thailand does not know what democracy is their style is unreal.

are you saying:

a dictatorship is the right solution to an elected governent too much totalitarian because it was... a dictatorship????????????? Do you even realize how cucu does that sound?

So I guess death is the solution to life problems!

How would you feel if someone overthrows your country government, that I am sure, the opposite side claims it's "bad" and "corrupted" ? (this is assuming you come from a democratic country, if not that would explain a lot).

As a matter of fact, that happened for Mussolini, Franco and Hitler. Hey, some Jews even felt "comfort" at first.

Of course Thailand does not know what democracy is because people like "your" general have never allowed it.

However, do not make false claims, because my father's family is from Hisarn and I can guarantee you, if we had an election today, Prayuth wouldn't get even 40% of the votes. Maybe your clan, loyal to the feudal system, the only and really corrupted monster here, is the "most seem to get comfort" you refer to. Or maybe we should ask the parents of the 2 murdered britz that your general helped cover up?

or the Muslims murdered in the truck

Or the thousands slaughtered in the South because of the Thaksin policy.

The war on drugs...what was that?

How many mums and dads lost their sons and daughters because of Thaksins madness driven by Chalerms insanity?

The General may not be the ultimate answer to the disease that infects Thailand but he is the best medicine so far and badly needed or the country will die.

The latest news Prayuth says to make Thailand a developed country by 2025.

This guy keeps talking rubbish every day. May be he can make the RTP a developed organization by 2025.

Malaysia tried it with Kawasan 2020 and they failed and I just returned from Malaysia last week and I have to say Malaysia might lost the 2020 mark but Thailand is in the stone ages compared to Malaysia with at least 10 to 15 years behind Malaysia.

So are you saying Malaysia failed because you were there? Job done?

And now you come to Thailand to ensure failure here also?

We need some clarity around you post...you sound like bad news wherever you go.

Europe have already cut high level diplomatic relations with thailand & I believe the whole Idea behind allowing the self declared PM to attend was so that he could be shown first hand Europe's disapproval. I have yet to see a photo of ANY European leaders shaking his hand, just Asians.

Went completely over his head it seems.

I think the opposite is true. It would have been crystal clear. And filed away for future reference.

Maybe a subtle squeeze applied to expats of certain countries..not much.. just enough to gain face that was lost...perhaps retirees need to show 1.6million baht or 130,000 baht per month.

Just the subtle squeeze.No expulsions needed. Voluntary repatriations.

Nobody would care- certainly not the taxpayers back home or the Thai people generally.

Message sent to the European Governments perhaps?

Edited by Mudcrab

How anybody can still support this man after the stance he has taken in the whole Koh Tao tragedy is beyond me. He had a chance to display what kind of man he was and the values he stood for. He did that didn't he.........very clearly for all of us to see!

Europe have already cut high level diplomatic relations with thailand & I believe the whole Idea behind allowing the self declared PM to attend was so that he could be shown first hand Europe's disapproval. I have yet to see a photo of ANY European leaders shaking his hand, just Asians.

Went completely over his head it seems.

I think the opposite is true. It would have been crystal clear. And filed away for future reference.

Maybe a subtle squeeze applied to expats of certain countries..not much.. just enough to gain face that was lost...perhaps retirees need to show 1.6million baht or 130,000 baht per month.

Just the subtle squeeze.No expulsions needed. Voluntary repatriations.

Nobody would care- certainly not the taxpayers back home or the Thai people generally.

Message sent to the European Governments perhaps?

Not often you can quote yourself!!!

I thought there was another earthquake in Chiang Mai but it was the sounds of jaws dropping when the farangs realised the implications of what I had just written.

The aftershocks are the gf's dumping them.

Think about this.

Saving face....embarrassed on the world stage potentially....gain merit/save face...after Koh Tao...beyond the realms of possibility?

Comment appreciated.

As well you are aware democratically elected is no guarrentee for a non democratically run regime, that had to be thrown out.

This is the only situ that could have happened. Like it or lump it.

I will simply await the time for the next election---Without having to slag off everything the PM is doing. The Thais here in Issan are not slagging him off, most seem to get comfort for what he is trying to achieve. Dictator--coup leeder--not elected-- name many other descriptions. Thailand does not know what democracy is their style is unreal.

"This is the only situ that could have happened. Like it or lump it." - comments like that show to me that you really don't have a clue what has been going on in Thailand over the past years........... you REALLY need to do some reading before you get swallowed by your own nonsense.

• Like 1

'... Thailand has plans to develop basic infrastructures ...' Well, I'm sure more countries and firms would be interested if they could be assured of being paid.

All they have to do is ask the farmers.

You are clearly confused the PTP are not in power now. Pay attention to what is happening in Thailand today not 6 months ago things have drastically changed for the better. Already China is knocking on their door for a high speed rail in Thailand.

wow.. you really have your yellow tinted glasses on today don't you. Thaksin was a dictator? News to me? Can you point me the direction to read about how Thaksin was shouting at the press to subjugate them please? Can you point me to the bit where Thaksin banned freedom of speech within the press too while you're at it?

Lets not start digging too deap or you will bury yourself-----Look up Thaksins paper Thai Rak Thai was it ??/ you will know from this that it was all good about him --never any other opposition commments----TV. near totally controlled as to what they could speak openly. Do not ask me look for yourself--it's all there--but there again you do not want the 2 sides to the coin. War on drugs-----could you imagine the PM doing the same ???? never --get your red glasses cleaned.-------Anymore discussion is futile as the same will happen to that that has happened to all the others you have confrunted---no point. you wear blinkers.

Becoming something of a lone voice nowadays?

Give it up ginjag Thai Visa has become just a dumping point for disgruntled ill informed posters. They have no idea of what the past governments did or what the present one is doing. For some reason the thought of a government trying to clean up corruption bothers them.

Thai Visa reminds me of a forum I was on years ago it was about the stock market. There would be threads where they would have like a boiler room printing out false or mindless information to drive the price of a stock down and then buy it and start pumping it.

In this case I am sensing a very strong resistance to the stopping of corruption. With out corruption a lot of people stand to lose a lot of money hence the negativity. Not that it will do them any good. No matter what they say on Thai Visa the government will ignore them. But I have to admire Thai Visa giving them a place to let their frustration out. I am quite sure all their friends are tired of it and their bar buddies are not paying any attention to them. Also their wife's think they are nuts.

Give it up ginjag Thai Visa has become just a dumping point for disgruntled ill informed posters. They have no idea of what the past governments did or what the present one is doing. For some reason the thought of a government trying to clean up corruption bothers them.

Thai Visa reminds me of a forum I was on years ago it was about the stock market. There would be threads where they would have like a boiler room printing out false or mindless information to drive the price of a stock down and then buy it and start pumping it.

In this case I am sensing a very strong resistance to the stopping of corruption. With out corruption a lot of people stand to lose a lot of money hence the negativity. Not that it will do them any good. No matter what they say on Thai Visa the government will ignore them. But I have to admire Thai Visa giving them a place to let their frustration out. I am quite sure all their friends are tired of it and their bar buddies are not paying any attention to them. Also their wife's think they are nuts.

also many thais who voted for the ex government are frustrated.and they dont have a computer or a smartphone

do not know why he bothered to mingle with stupid European leaders from the most stupid continent in the world uk, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Germany etc etc .....

Europe to the European union mafia do not know what democracy is all about, they are some whores who sit down in belgium (brussels) in Europe makthus to deciding everything, <deleted>, the European Union and europe .....

TV did not control comments on Mr T. I have been on this board since 2005 and can assure you that Mr T was getting a pasting on TV back then.

Quite revealing that people that were here during his time in power saw through his charade... and those that came later, have not.

wink.png

Edited by Fred321

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He has one major drawback; he is a dictator!

He will also be gauged on performance or 'you are only as good as your last sale'.

Cleaned up a beach; still negotiating a murder investigation.

Although the intent is on the money, I don't know if Europe is ready for his kind at the moment. They are still going through economic problems which are rearing again. One battle at a time.

and one of the beaches he cleaned up is back in full swing! (Hua Hin)

Not surprising.

Successive Thai administrations have brought problems all on themselves, they invite the international companies in for low wages production ,they rip the population off with high power charges, then charge the companies low start up tariffs s, there is no balance and rewards in monetary terms for the average Thai and now the poorer side of town are starting slowly to wake up (Hence Thaksin) that they are being taken for a ride , this has F!!K all to with the subject, but I thought I'd let Prayuth & Co not everyone is dumb.coffee1.gif

you may want to look into history instead of Prayuth broadcasts, democracy was first invented in Greece over 2,000 years ago, the Roman Empire second age was based on Senate elections until Caesar stage a coup which he was later killed for.

What's that???? r..e..a..d..i..n..g.. ???? b..o..o..k? does it come with a screen? is there Prayuth on it? No? so don't bother with it.

It is clear where the feudal crew so called "education", or lack thereof, comes from.

Absolutely NOT, is not up to any of us to decide which govt is better, it's up to Thai people vote.

• Like 1

Absolutely NOT, is not up to any of us to decide which govt is better, it's up to Thai people vote.

& they voted already.. twice.

Fact!

Any yellow shirt 'democracy' (Sic.) sympathisers here are in fact communists whether they're aware of it or not.

Most I think are just ignorant farangs listening to their yellow shirt girlfriends/wives/friends/masters.

Edited by ScubaPhuket
  • Like 1

Quite revealing that people that were here during his time in power saw through his charade... and those that came later, have not.

wink.png

Been around 33 years not the few you assumed, and please Wilicops, know the difference between TV television and TVF ---then you will not get confused with my posts.-------

Start a campaign to get Yingluck back, We miss the fantastic governance, the transparency, the integrity of the Shins, the PTP for it's reluctance to be involved in shady deals, But most of all Yinglucks dominating leadership whilst in office not missing a trick or meeting.

You want this, go for it. I will still stick with the present set up and have patience ---

A vote now or in the past 6 months would never have given a foundation/platform. Clear up the 3 years of mess, massive obstacles in the way.

Funny how yesterday the apologists were saying that the world shunned the PM. Now it seems he has been ALLOWED to speak to leaders.

• Like 1

Start a campaign to get Yingluck back, We miss the fantastic governance, the transparency, the integrity of the Shins, the PTP for it's reluctance to be involved in shady deals, But most of all Yinglucks dominating leadership whilst in office not missing a trick or meeting.

You want this, go for it. I will still stick with the present set up and have patience ---

A vote now or in the past 6 months would never have given a foundation/platform. Clear up the 3 years of mess, massive obstacles in the way.

Funny how yesterday the apologists were saying that the world shunned the PM. Now it seems he has been ALLOWED to speak to leaders.

I don't start anything because I am not that stupid to be cheering for any of the buffons from the 2 sides, but I do stand by democracy always even when I don't agree with the person that gets elected.

It's called: civilization. You may want to give it a try.

I don't start anything because I am not that stupid to be cheering for any of the buffons from the 2 sides, but I do stand by democracy always even when I don't agree with the person that gets elected.

I do stand for democracy, BUT I am not that stupid to believe that you have to put up with a non democratic governing regime PTP. There has to be an interim/period to get back to a stable situation and that does not necessarily mean an election.

If it has to be done this army style OK, until the time comes to hand a stable situ back to the people.................Change Thai style democracy for normal democracy-------we have to wait and see. Army or whatever. It was given the top approval wasn't it not ??

democracy is always elections and letting voters decide anything else is not democracy.

sometime voters pick corrupted leaders, besides, I don't believe any politician in any country to be honest.

Please google "democracy" and stop saying you stand by democracy when you obviously don't.

Google does not differentiate between Thai style democracy and what you call real democracy.

So when voters pick corrupted leaders and that results in a catastrophic down turn--irreversible (PTP) then its ok. and nothing should be done, because that's democracy ???

Democracy is also Good governance.

Democracy is always elections ???

Any country has to be stable BEFORE any elections are held. Do you understand that ??? or in your world elections are the answer to any problem-----NO WAY.................clear example here.

• Like 1

I do stand for democracy, BUT I am not that stupid to believe that you have to put up with a non democratic governing regime PTP. There has to be an interim/period to get back to a stable situation and that does not necessarily mean an election.

If it has to be done this army style OK, until the time comes to hand a stable situ back to the people.................Change Thai style democracy for normal democracy-------we have to wait and see. Army or whatever. It was given the top approval wasn't it not ??

democracy is always elections and letting voters decide anything else is not democracy.

sometime voters pick corrupted leaders, besides, I don't believe any politician in any country to be honest.

Please google "democracy" and stop saying you stand by democracy when you obviously don't.

Your answer does not consider the points I made and only sticks to your interpretation-rhetoric. evading and denial.

• Like 1

& they voted already.. twice.

Fact!

Any yellow shirt 'democracy' (Sic.) sympathisers here are in fact communists whether they're aware of it or not.

Most I think are just ignorant farangs listening to their yellow shirt girlfriends/wives/friends/masters.

Didn't you know we are all Fascists?

Becoming something of a lone voice nowadays?

what a sad assessment of the situation and how simplistic to think it is down to one issue - corruption, only someone totally bereft of analytical thought could dichotomise the argument in such a naive way.

time and again you not only fail to grasp the reality of the situation in Thailand but you also seem to have difficulty in understanding the most basic of concepts in the tread or about how Thailand's his trot has panned out since 1930s.

your knowledge is SO limited it would be impossible to actually have a discussion on the subject with you as you aren't even on the same plain.

Edited by wilcopops