DSI urged to act against foreign scammers who prey on Thai women

webfact

Sorry master. No i did not learn in a bar nor uneducated woman Roo.

No need to apologize, just wise not to come on the board preaching or i should say pretending and then getting it wrong.

I am certain you did not learn it at school nor from a book , so has to be either the bar or the "good girl"

Or you you can hardly count to 5 and most likely get that wrongw00t.gif

I've known several Thai women on the DATE IN ASIA dating website who have had the "Package Scam" pulled on them. It is a very professionally done scam. A fellow will initiate contact and over time get more and more ardent, poring his heart out about all the pain caused by women who have misused his good heart. The recipient is clearly the one girl who can rescue him from his life of loneliness. At this point it is interesting to note that these letters are always just about him...nothing in them except the name on the heading refers in any personal way to the recipient...This is because he is sending the same letter to hundreds of women at the same time. There are usually also sporadic phone calls...always him calling her because he works on an oil platform in the North Sea.

Eventually he writes he is coming to Thailand to meet and hopefully marry her. He will write or call and say that he is sending a package by a professional air courier company used only by the oil companies...very secure so he will be sending cash as well as some of his late mothers jewelry and some new I-phones. He includes a website and emails her a very authentic looking airbill complete with a website and functioning tracking number: of course all the targets are getting the same tracking number so easy to set up a phony site but I will say, it looked very authentic...a lot of work went into it.

She will see the package go from UK to Germany to Dubai looking very normal. Then she will get a panicked call: The cargo plane was diverted to Malaysia because of mechanical problems and customs there opened the package and are demanding $2000 +- to release it.

"Please, Sweetheart...I am in transit to Thailand and can not access my money!! Please send $ 2000 to this account so they will release the package...I will pay you back triple!!.

One friend was literally on her way to the bank when I ran into her...it took her a long time to accept she was being scammed. A lot of girls do fall for it.

So, as was pointed out, similar to many internet scams, asking for money in exchange for a bigger payoff. Emotions pay a part but so does greed on the part of the scammed. The women aren't just sending the money to these guys to help them out with rent or something (like that would ever happen!) but to get money, iPhones (bait 'o' the decade), and so on.

Ever heard the words (Loo mak mai dee ?) Because the majority of dodgy Thai women will avoid you. Learn Thai !!! 99.999 percent of foreigners can,t count to five in Thai. No wonder they get taken advantage of.

I wonder where you learned your Thai, which bar or an uneducated woman?

Loo???? It is Roo รู้

Rorua, not Lo Ling

Well said. You can obviously count to more than five. I wonder if Jungle Jim can ...?

Only low class or (most often) lazy Thais use 'L' instead of 'R' - puut lor ling, mai raw rua. (it isn't Rorua)

• Like 1

Ever heard the words (Loo mak mai dee ?) Because the majority of dodgy Thai women will avoid you. Learn Thai !!! 99.999 percent of foreigners can,t count to five in Thai. No wonder they get taken advantage of.

I wonder where you learned your Thai, which bar or an uneducated woman?

Loo???? It is Roo รู้

Rorua, not Lo Ling

Well said. You can obviously count to more than five. I wonder if Jungle Jim can ...?

Only low class or (most often) lazy Thais use 'L' instead of 'R' - puut lor ling, mai raw rua. (it isn't Rorua)

Without getting into a useless argument, It is not lor ling, but lo ling and NOT raw but Ro,

Crazy!! Thai ladies Sucker more farang every day! Then again, Many Farang are just plain stupid!

You just made a lot of enemies drand...tongue.png

Agree many farang are just plain stupid. But drinking yourself silly 24/7 does not help either.

And many are very smart looking down on the stupid ones,in the mean time having no clue at all clap2.gif

• Like 1

I've known several Thai women on the DATE IN ASIA dating website who have had the "Package Scam" pulled on them. It is a very professionally done scam. A fellow will initiate contact and over time get more and more ardent, poring his heart out about all the pain caused by women who have misused his good heart. The recipient is clearly the one girl who can rescue him from his life of loneliness. At this point it is interesting to note that these letters are always just about him...nothing in them except the name on the heading refers in any personal way to the recipient...This is because he is sending the same letter to hundreds of women at the same time. There are usually also sporadic phone calls...always him calling her because he works on an oil platform in the North Sea.

Eventually he writes he is coming to Thailand to meet and hopefully marry her. He will write or call and say that he is sending a package by a professional air courier company used only by the oil companies...very secure so he will be sending cash as well as some of his late mothers jewelry and some new I-phones. He includes a website and emails her a very authentic looking airbill complete with a website and functioning tracking number: of course all the targets are getting the same tracking number so easy to set up a phony site but I will say, it looked very authentic...a lot of work went into it.

She will see the package go from UK to Germany to Dubai looking very normal. Then she will get a panicked call: The cargo plane was diverted to Malaysia because of mechanical problems and customs there opened the package and are demanding $2000 +- to release it.

"Please, Sweetheart...I am in transit to Thailand and can not access my money!! Please send $ 2000 to this account so they will release the package...I will pay you back triple!!.

One friend was literally on her way to the bank when I ran into her...it took her a long time to accept she was being scammed. A lot of girls do fall for it.

Had exactly the same story as per your post,only one word missing GREED

And what about Thai women scammers who pray upon foreign men???

Not illegal, but considered part of Thainess!!rolleyes.gif

What I was pointing out is it happens the other way a round, maybe some blokes decided to get there own money back... whistling.gif

Just double standards, but is it sexism or racism???

Is this some kind of parallel world or what? Is this page satire?

Pretty sure it`s the other way round 99.9% of the time!

Yes, but it does happen............

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/738325-should-i-help-on-this-scam/

Can't help wondering why so many posters are in denial of it. Enough to make one wonder if they might have some first hand experience in it and don't want the public to know it happens.

Just a thought. I am being open minded on it.

If you are going with a bar girl and expect a real relationship you are dumb ass stupid. Likely you can,t speak Thai either.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

It's hardly just Bar Girls...wai2.gifwai.gif

giggle.gif

MW-CB296_sterli_20140428135620_MG.jpg?uu

Only ever happens in Thailand

Is she his grand daughter... or just young enough to be? whistling.gif

A couple of blatantly derogatory generalisations against Thais and Thai women in particular have been removed.

Please note the following from the forum rules very carefully before posting.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

That's about 75% of all postings on TVN gone then !!!

Everybody know Thailand is the land of women getting scammed by those immoral foreigners.... Hub of love victims! Reminds me of that joke about guy went to Pattaya with lie detector that burned out in afternoon, came back with truth detector. Ran cool, needle never moved.

It's a well-known fact that scamming is a form of employment protected by the labour office in Thailand. Foreigners cannot get a work permit to do that.

But seriously, It's pretty clear that the Thai women who are giving foreigners money over the internet aren't doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. They expect an unrealistic rate of return on it, probably in the form of a rich foreign husband. Perhaps the DSI should focus on teaching them not to be so stupid and greedy.

Yes, it does seem logical to have to send money to a rich farang. And, it's almost that time of year when Santa will be coming; have you been good?