Thailand agrees to British police help over murders

Lite Beer

The law in the UK is that should a citizen be murdered abroad and the body repatriated

then an independent autopsy has to be carried out before the body is handed back to the family, //

The law in Thailand is that a foreigners who die here (usually) get an autopsy,

and that bodies must be embalmed before being shipped backed to their country.

I wonder what a second autopsy could give on such bodies ?

Where do you get this from ?

UK FCO -- Information Relating to Deaths in Thailand

Repatriation

Thai undertakers will provide the special caskets required for the international carriage of human remains. A local civil registry death certificate, a certificate of embalming, and a certificate permitting transfer of the remains to the UK is required to repatriate the deceased.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/284901/Information_Relating_to_Deaths_in_Thailand_Jan_2014_-_lastest_edition.pdf

Thanks JLCrab

and to ukrules, this information can be obtain at your embassy in Thailand

or in the media wich regularly publish article on this subject.

An example: What happens if you die in Thailand?

http://www.pattayamail.com/ourcommunity/what-happens-if-you-die-in-thailand-41287

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joc

The Uk is just an 'unimportant part of Europe ' , yet its economy is around 3,000 times the size of Thailand. By your reasoning that makes the later very insignificant indeed does it not ?[/quote

The UK has a lot of unemployment and sad old people left to die in NHS nursing homes that are under funded, the weather is dreadful 6 months of the year, the towns are cemeteries after 6.00pm, no street life. It's a lovely place to be for a few days in the summer,beautiful stone cottages, and countryside. But that's it, which may explain why the UK has so many residents living abroad.

That's a lie!

The weather is dreadful for 11 months of the year.

• Like 2

i don't get it..... I thought the investigation was "perfect" ! No? Not quite so perfect??

God help the poor British detectives who get to come out here. I'm sure that the red-tape won't tie them up, weigh them down and make them wish they'd never bothered. But at least it's something. Isn't it??

Hope they bring their own Thai translators.

Proving it's not these two Burmese lads is fairly easy. Once it's proved it's not them then, hopefully the real culprits are caught....

Unlike you Franky, the British police won't decide who is guilty or innocent before actually knowing.

They already know. MI6 exists for a reason & they are not fools.

You really think Britain's MI6 exists would get involved? Don't you think they might be a little busy doing their real job at the moment? Do you know what their remit is?

Maybe the SAS and SBS are already here in droves too. Disguised as tourists sitting on bar stools recounting their adventures, or dive instructors, or TEFLers?

SAS TEFlers?

The thought of a 6ft 4inch SAS nutcase being told by little Somchai that he has forgotten his book again, fills me with horror.

• Like 1

The law in the UK is that should a citizen be murdered abroad and the body repatriated

then an independent autopsy has to be carried out before the body is handed back to the family, //

The law in Thailand is that a foreigners who die here (usually) get an autopsy,

and that bodies must be embalmed before being shipped backed to their country.

I wonder what a second autopsy could give on such bodies ?

Where do you get this from ?

UK FCO -- Information Relating to Deaths in Thailand

Repatriation

Thai undertakers will provide the special caskets required for the international carriage of human remains. A local civil registry death certificate, a certificate of embalming, and a certificate permitting transfer of the remains to the UK is required to repatriate the deceased.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/284901/Information_Relating_to_Deaths_in_Thailand_Jan_2014_-_lastest_edition.pdf

Thanks JLCrab

and to ukrules, this information can be obtain at your embassy in Thailand

or in the media wich regularly publish article on this subject.

An example: What happens if you die in Thailand?

http://www.pattayamail.com/ourcommunity/what-happens-if-you-die-in-thailand-41287

I am unable to locate the section that advises that bodies will be wrapped hurriedly in a blue tarp and thrown in the back of a pick up was it ? I believe it was a pick up. but correct if I am wrong please :)

Question: what can UK police officers to at this point as the RTP has already reported the case to the prosecutors, even "perfected" some "flaws", and technically it seem to me the case is out of their hands for the time being. Will the embassy be able to have a third party to look at the dossier? Best I can think of just now is that the defendants legal team goes thru the papers with the UK police.

The post about finding out about phone used in what area regarding certain peoples whereabouts is interesting as 3g on dtac as probably most networks is supplied by the US.

No need to ask Thailands permission

Duh --- the hardware may have been supplied by the Brits, but Japanese or Korean, Taiwanese is more likely. The networks are run by Thais and no connectivity data reaches the UK. Though GCHQ may have secret spy copies. Apart from that, what use do you expect from this data when you cannot pinpoint the real subscriber. Not all sim cards have been registeted. The actual content of phone calls remains a secret cause never taped. Edited by RTH10260

They came before, Kirsty Jones murder. Still unsolved.!

I think they're still investigating it. I seem to remember they were only given access to the full files last year. There may still be hope in that case.

Yeah it was reopened by DSI last October. The thread of her murder is here...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/155471-female-japanese-tourist-robbed-and-murdered-in-sukhothai/

It seems that the truth is out. A farang friend just called to tell me that his Thai wife translated an article from the Thai press for him saying that a police informant on the island finally cracked and told the whole story. It wasn't the Burmese guys who did it after all. Apparently, it was just who most of us suspected all along, together with a group of friends. If this does prove to be true, then I will have a lot more to say about this turn of events. Meanwhile, perhaps Thai Visa can use its resources to verify this? I was out when my friend called me and frankly, I was expecting it to be reported on Thai Visa by the time I got home a few minutes ago.

• Like 2

It seems that the truth is out. A farang friend just called to tell me that his Thai wife translated an article from the Thai press for him saying that a police informant on the island finally cracked and told the whole story. It wasn't the Burmese guys who did it after all. Apparently, it was just who most of us suspected all along, together with a group of friends. If this does prove to be true, then I will have a lot more to say about this turn of events. Meanwhile, perhaps Thai Visa can use its resources to verify this? I was out when my friend called me and frankly, I was expecting it to be reported on Thai Visa by the time I got home a few minutes ago.

Please don't say this a troll? How much do you trust your friend? Sorry to ask, but I'm sure a few of us would like to know.

Please don't say this a troll? How much do you trust your friend? Sorry to ask, but I'm sure a few of us would like to know.

I completely trust my friend, whom I've known for over a dozen years. I don't think he would have called me with a made-up story. We have been following this case together, which is why he called me. His wife seemed to be translating the article for him line by line as he was telling it to me on the phone.

However, I am requesting that Thai Visa - or now, any member of Thai Visa who can read Thai, to please try to verify this. He mentioned the name of the newspaper but it was not one that I had heard of before. But once it is in one Thai paper, I suppose it should just be a matter of time before it is in more of them - and then eventually the English language papers.

• Like 2

As I always feared..... this thread has been hijacked by anti-British incentivised morons. Who are actually revelling in this disgusting case because the victims were 'disgusting Brits'..... You know who you are,

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!

You know?..... The ones that use rhetoric in their posts demening everything British.

Those are the ones who are probably happy that the investigation is going the way it has, and are supporting its every move.... Even though some may try to mask it behind so called 'reason'..... YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

One day IT COULD BE YOU or even a lot worse ONE OF YOUR LOVED ONES. In this situation.

And god forbid that it is all covered up for Thainess.

Edited by wackybacky
  • Like 2

I completely trust my friend, whom I've known for over a dozen years. I don't think he would have called me with a made-up story. We have been following this case together, which is why he called me. His wife seemed to be translating the article for him line by line as he was telling it to me on the phone.

However, I am requesting that Thai Visa - or now, any member of Thai Visa who can read Thai, to please try to verify this. He mentioned the name of the newspaper but it was not one that I had heard of before. But once it is in one Thai paper, I suppose it should just be a matter of time before it is in more of them - and then eventually the English language papers.

1. what paper !?

2. please scan it or 'iPhone"/photograph and post it here ASAP , it's "fair use" and EAGERLY anticipated !!!!!!!

Yeah really strange that an article in a newspaper, that must have been published at least 24 hours ago from now, hasn't made it to other media sources.

Is the daily mirror published in Thai these days.

Yeah really strange that an article in a newspaper, that must have been published at least 24 hours ago from now, hasn't made it to other media sources.

Is the daily mirror published in Thai these days.

1. what paper !?

2. please scan it or 'iPhone"/photograph and post it here ASAP , it's "fair use" and EAGERLY anticipated !!!!!!!

He is a weirdo that is making this up for some attention.

• Like 1

As I always feared..... this thread has been hijacked by anti-British incentivised morons. Who are actually revelling in this disgusting case because the victims were 'disgusting Brits'..... You know who you are,

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!

You know?..... The ones that use rhetoric in their posts demening everything British.

Those are the ones who are probably happy that the investigation is going the way it has, and are supporting its every move.... Even though some may try to mask it behind so called 'reason'..... YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

One day IT COULD BE YOU or even a lot worse ONE OF YOUR LOVED ONES. In this situation.

And god forbid that it is all covered up for Thainess.

Did you forget your meds? Seriously, mate, go take a walk or something...

• Like 1

Imagine if the investigators got bumped off like the Suadis did when they were invited after the diamond theft?

Note to Thailand: Don't try that with the Brits. The SAS, Paras and 5,000 Royal Marines will be crawling all over southern Thailand within hours.wai2.gif

Yes, the UK will start a full-out war in the middle of South-East Asia over a mishandled murder investigation. That makes perfect sense.

• Like 2

Imagine if the investigators got bumped off like the Suadis did when they were invited after the diamond theft?

Note to Thailand: Don't try that with the Brits. The SAS, Paras and 5,000 Royal Marines will be crawling all over southern Thailand within hours.wai2.gif

Yes, the UK will start a full-out war in the middle of South-East Asia over a mishandled murder investigation. That makes perfect sense.

Theyre all undercover in bars around Thailand, so itll not take much organising.

1. what paper !?

I was out (in the back of a songtaew on my way home) when my friend called me. I asked him the name of the newspaper. He told me the name, but since it was not one that I recognized, I can't remember the name. I didn't bother to write it down because, as I said, I just figured it would be on Thai Visa by the time I got home. I just SMSed my friend to ask for the name of the paper. He hasn't answered, so I assume he is asleep. Sorry. I don't know what else to suggest. I'm going to watch the Thai news on TV now and see if anything is mentioned about the case there.

• Like 1

1. what paper !?

That may be the case... But I reckon that there has already been UK police on that island asking questions in the guise of curious tourists.

I would go as far as to say that the UK police now already know where to push the envelope.

They are NOT stupid people..... they will all ready have a very good handle on common consensus on the island and know exactly where to go after they clear the formalities of clearing the two Myanmar suspects.

• Like 1

1. what paper !?

I was out (in the back of a songtaew on my way home) when my friend called me. I asked him the name of the newspaper. He told me the name, but since it was not one that I recognized, I can't remember the name. I didn't bother to write it down because, as I said, I just figured it would be on Thai Visa by the time I got home. I just SMSed my friend to ask for the name of the paper. He hasn't answered, so I assume he is asleep. Sorry. I don't know what else to suggest. I'm going to watch the Thai news on TV now and see if anything is mentioned about the case there.

I have as much confidence in you than I have in any random TV posters.

If it is true what you are saying,,,,, then don't be afraid to talk on here and don't be bullied off by people who have an agenda in this case.

We need people like you who has a direct contact with those one the island.

We do no need however, people trying to invalidate any info coming from there without good reason.

And just saying 'I have a feeling' is not enough reason to totally cut this guy's info off completely..

Peple that do that, sound like KohTao RTP to me...... and should really be the subject of suspicion.

Edited by wackybacky

1. what paper !?

That may be the case... But I reckon that there has already been UK police on that island asking questions in the guise of curious tourists.

I would go as far as to say that the UK police now already know where to push the envelope.

They are NOT stupid people..... they will all ready have a very good handle on common consensus on the island and know exactly where to go after they clear the formalities of clearing the two Myanmar suspects.

Thats just pure speculation and made up by you.

1. what paper !?

Thats just pure speculation and made up by you.

No....... 45 years in the UK...... I know my police.

Well, I'm certain that my friend called me. I'm certain of what he told me. I suppose there is a small possibility that he was drunk and made up the whole story. (I say a small possibility because he doesn't drink.) If it turns out that he made up the whole story, then I will apologize to all of you - and I will end my friendship with this dear old friend for telling me this embarrassing lie. But if the story turns out to be true, I hope you will apologize to me.

I suppose there is also the possibility that the newspaper made up the story, although that is not the type of behavior that would keep a newspaper in business for a long time.

We should have more details about this by tomorrow morning in any case.

• Like 1

BangkokHank.

By "police informant" do you mean police paid civilian nark or do you mean a police officer is the source?

To whom did he reveal his information?

Nothing on Csi La, nothing on google.

Not doubting you but really need name of Thai newspaper reporting this.