Serena & Venus Williams: Russian fined for 'brothers' jibe

Lite Beer

Do you?

...or these culture-enrichers are for 'other people'?

Serious question? I will take it at face value. My heritage made a serious racist growing up. Good old British influence. I had to face this when I worked with Aboriginal people in Australia, muslims in Afghanistan, Indonesia and Malaysia and Asian people. I had the benefit of training in these issues. There are cultures that make me uncomfortable still. I try to deal with that. What I object to though is the way entire groups are tarred or assumed to be a certain way because of the actions of a few or because of the fears of a few.

In the mid 80's I worked as a civil servant in Australia. I organised a visit by a person with HIV to a school for a talk and discussion. It was at the height of the hysteria. Kids with HIV were being denied entry to schools. People were on the streets screaming and shouting. I was roundly attacked by many. A lot of them objecting because they assumed the guy was gay and demanding to know how he got it.

I have come to embrace diversity. It wasn't easy. I am certainly not at the point of full self actualisation. Maybe never will be. I try to deal with my impure thoughts rationally and maturely.

Almost experienced enough to get a job in Detroit slums...

It wouldn't work for him in Detroit. He claims to have impure thoughts from time to time.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's racist is that if a black person said it, it would be perfectly fine. rolleyes.gif

Racism: White South-African (or Seth Efkin) student settled in America applies for an African American award, gets expelled.

http://www.discriminations.us/2009/05/nj-med-student-expelled-for-calling-himself-%E2%80%9Cwhite-african-american%E2%80%9D/

Insulting to African-American students (blacks) apparently, even though they've never been to Africa?, so why not call it an award for negrito students or black students? oh no, that would be racist. blink.png

PC BS nonsense.

In respect of your link, the white guy who described himself as a "white African American" lost his lawsuit in federal court. So he filed another and lost that one too, also in U.S. District Court. This argument doesn't have a leg to stand on. The major reason is that mainstream America rejects it too - only the fringe people and politicians throw up the pc argument in instances such as these.

Which is why your hero in the photo above, the young Trevor Reichards is a loser too.

Richards is not an African American for a number of reasons. One is that when he (with his parents) immigrated into the United States his passport said he was a national of South Africa, which is a country not a continent. Because your guy in the photo is white, he is most likely in one way or another a descendant of the former colonial occupiers from Netherlands.

What continent is Seth Efka, sorry, South Africa on?

He was born in Africa.

He became American.

He is African America. To deny him this based on his race is racist.

Plain and simple.

coffee1.gif

Fer sure. Blacks are the most racist race in America. Sure, there are a scattering of good ole boy red neck racists here and there, but overall reverse racism is more prevalent nationwide at both the government and private level.

• Like 2

It wouldn't work for him in Detroit. He claims to have impure thoughts from time to time.

Not sure if I have much to offer Detroit although I did want to be a worker in the inner city of a large American metropolis after I finished university in the 80's. Anyway, probably better I pass you on to a deputy and you can work there for Michael Moore instead.

• Like 1

What's racist is that if a black person said it, it would be perfectly fine. rolleyes.gif

Racism: White South-African (or Seth Efkin) student settled in America applies for an African American award, gets expelled.

http://www.discriminations.us/2009/05/nj-med-student-expelled-for-calling-himself-%E2%80%9Cwhite-african-american%E2%80%9D/

Insulting to African-American students (blacks) apparently, even though they've never been to Africa?, so why not call it an award for negrito students or black students? oh no, that would be racist. blink.png

PC BS nonsense.

In respect of your link, the white guy who described himself as a "white African American" lost his lawsuit in federal court. So he filed another and lost that one too, also in U.S. District Court. This argument doesn't have a leg to stand on. The major reason is that mainstream America rejects it too - only the fringe people and politicians throw up the pc argument in instances such as these.

Which is why your hero in the photo above, the young Trevor Reichards is a loser too.

Richards is not an African American for a number of reasons. One is that when he (with his parents) immigrated into the United States his passport said he was a national of South Africa, which is a country not a continent. Because your guy in the photo is white, he is most likely in one way or another a descendant of the former colonial occupiers from Netherlands.

What continent is Seth Efka, sorry, South Africa on?

He was born in Africa.

He became American.

He is African America. To deny him this based on his race is racist.

Plain and simple.

coffee1.gif

Fer sure. Blacks are the most racist race in America. Sure, there are a scattering of good ole boy red neck racists here and there, but overall reverse racism is more prevalent nationwide at both the government and private level.

Mostly here.

But also there at the other end of the line.

It's laughable that Mr. Tarpischev considers himself the enlightened and rational one in the room as he stands against the many who respect the Williams sisters and their gender, race, abilities, hard work. The Williams sisters old fashioned American abilities and hard work transcend their race or gender.

Yet the true believers in the plantation system, wherever they may be, continue to try to reestablish it. Tarpischev tries to present we who are in mainstream society with the Williams sisters as the weird people of the world..

Tarpischev's attitude and emotions over there fire up those over here who claim to be colorblind as they stare black Americans in the face and hold up a plantation hoe even though it's rusted and thoroughly rotted.

White folk who try to present themselves as victims of American society, culture, history, civilization make themselves look silly not to mention whimpy and whiny.

All it does is to point out American society and culture need more recovering angry white men than it already has succeeded to transform since circa 1865.when the 14th Amendment outlawed discrimination and the 13th Amendment abolished slavery as unconstitutional.

Not sure if I have much to offer Detroit although I did want to be a worker in the inner city of a large American metropolis after I finished university in the 80's. Anyway, probably better I pass you on to a deputy and you can work there for Michael Moore instead.

There you go with one of those impure thoughts again.

• Like 1

This is classic trolling, the definition of it.

Leave poor chuck alone. He's still trying to get over the civil rights act.

• Like 1

Leave poor chuck alone. He's still trying to get over the civil rights act.

It's the Civil Rights Act of 1964 besides which is a long time to drag a ball and chain around in one's life, so that's well said indeed..

• Like 1

"This is classic trolling, the definition of it."

If you can't control yourself, then perhaps you should stop posting.

"This is classic trolling, the definition of it."

If you can't control yourself, then perhaps you should stop posting.

“The voices of cold reason were talking, as usual, to deaf ears.”

Ellis Peters, Brother Cadfael's Penance

“You cannot reason people out of a position that they did not reason themselves into.”

Ben Goldacre

The post is chronic trolling.

An overlooked aspect of the stink coming out of Russia is that Tarpischev who is also a member of the International Olympic Committee has zeroed in on two loyal tax paying Americans who are minding their own business while winning tennis tournaments across the globe for more than a decade.

Putin needs to call in this guy Tarpischev and ream him off the IOC and out of his position as president of the Russian Tennis Federation.

Put someone in there who might be reasonably civilized.

An overlooked aspect of the stink coming out of Russia is that Tarpischev who is also a member of the International Olympic Committee has zeroed in on two loyal tax paying Americans who are minding their own business while winning tennis tournaments across the globe for more than a decade.

Putin needs to call in this guy Tarpischev and ream him off the IOC and out of his position as president of the Russian Tennis Federation.

Jesus Christ! Just a crazy overreaction, don't you think?

The guy made a JOKE!

And has more than paid for it. But you notice Richard Williams wasn't sanctioned for his racism and there, he wasn't even joking.

And he just said want many were thinking in the first place. Hey! How about we throw him in prison. That racist/sexist teller of jokes.

And the resident PC fascist thought/language police want him sacked.

Liberals just love banning stuff they disagree with. They're the real fascists and bigots.

• Like 1

I have come to embrace diversity.

That's nice! Maybe you can ask inner city blacks in the west or the Muslim communities in the North of England or Sydney about their opinions on 'diversity'?

That's a nice suggestion but you first if that's okay.

Your side needs it more than this side does.

Jesus Christ! Just a crazy overreaction, don't you think?

The guy made a JOKE!

And has more than paid for it. But you notice Richard Williams wasn't sanctioned for his racism and there, he wasn't even joking.

And he just said want many were thinking in the first place. Hey! How about we throw him in prison. That racist/sexist teller of jokes.

And the resident PC fascist thought/language police want him sacked.

Liberals just love banning stuff they disagree with. They're the real fascists and bigots.

Tarpischev is not anyone's victim and neither are people victims who support his disrespectful statement. No one is going to prison, so calm down before you get your blood pressure up.

Tarpischev is such a jokester that he said to reporters, "I don't answer stupid questions." Now there's a real clown.

Tarpischev is a social klutz and as a member of the IOC and president of the Russian Tennis Federation he's a national and global political and cultural disaster.

He's offended a diversity of people -- many people -- in many countries on the basis of gender and on the basis of race.

Tarpischev has further offended me on the basis on nationality due to his disrespectful remarks against two upstanding Americans. Putin needs to clarify Tarpischev's flippant remark but Putin isn't exactly the shining beacon of Russia either so he's been silent while others try to obfuscate the matter to the world.

Tarpischev has rattled the global tennis world not to mention that he's embarrassed many Russians besides.

So the raging bull defense of Tarpischev comes up short.

The average absolute strength difference between men and women is right at 12.34%. That percentage is based upon consideration of every athletic event against which men and women compete against the same standard in international events. Making a female athlete stronger than her competition is just good business. Not because they can always perform better but so they can train harder than weaker opponents.

Did the research myself in 1995 and 96

Tarpischev has rattled the global tennis world not to mention that he's embarrassed many Russians besides.

You really haven't met many Russians, have you?

Try eliciting their thoughts on black people when you do. wink.png

Last night I was with a group of 8 Russian business and trade people visiting as buyers, and this morning too, which is why you've had so much time to get away with this post until I could see it now and reply.

Open mouth, insert foot laugh.png

Some posters around here are just precious....

.....cheesy.gif