Feeding the Dogs

Brit_Doggie

After seeing numerous hungry dogs on the street,who approach people who are eating and beg for food,i being compassionate i decided to treat them with food, within a flash as if from nowhere this thai lady approached and said i will do mister,ok i thought and handed over 2 kilo of dog biscuits to her she then proceeded to feed the hungry crowd that encircled her.

I hasten to add that the dogs are from different clans along the street and are only street cred and in no way vicious except to certain street beggers who sometimes appear.

My ? is why or for what reason would a thai do this but not buy some food herself.

• Like 1

interesting. at almost every thai 'camp' here in isael wehre there are the usual moshav (village) mutts bumming off the thais' leftovers, the dogs very much listen to more then one owner and in more then one language (usually also owned by the thais' employers, and understand hebrew as well as thai and often tagalog as well due to the filipina girlfreinds that also live part time with the men)...

my own three dogs are very very well behaved when hubby is at home. during the week, whiel he lives in tel aviv at work, i (the dog trainer in reality) have three lhasa apso/poodles that dont seem to understand either thai hebrew or english. which they understand perfectly from thursday night until sunday monring when he is here.

in hubby's village, the family dogs only listen to paw, the father, adn to my hsuband. every house i was at, the dogs listened, understood,and behaved well. its when u are out at night and theya re out at night and you are a falang, they suddenly become less well behaved, much like here, when the dogs at night become rather racist and go after certain interlopers.

Stupidity/ignorance.................they "think" they are doing a good deed when infact they are just increasing the already ridiculous population of unneccesary dogs which are a plague on the society causing many road accidents each year.

They need a mass euthanasing /sterilizing policy and re educationof most of the nation

It aint gonna happen.

Cue the dog loving rants........whistling.gif

• Like 2

Stupidity/ignorance.................they "think" they are doing a good deed when infact they are just increasing the already ridiculous population of unneccesary dogs which are a plague on the society causing many road accidents each year.

They need a mass euthanasing /sterilizing policy and re educationof most of the nation

It aint gonna happen.

Cue the dog loving rants........whistling.gif

dont want it to happen. the more subjects for miserable thai bashers the more entertainment for me

Yes there are many mistery's about Thai and dogs. I have never seen a Thai dog that listens to the owner like they do in Europe.

both my thai dogs listen to me and do as i tell them,

dont even chase the chickens and ducks

lol...mine loves killing chickens that come into the yard...Bloke next door cant get the same count each day.biggrin.png

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

lol nice try but after the feeding frenzy was over she bought 1870 bht jewellery from my next door shop with discount enough to buy more dog food.

Perhaps she guessed you were a TV member and was relieving you of the task of feeding them in case you were observed.

She may not have been able to live with the thought of you being verbally castrated on the forum for an act of kindness (or not!).

On the other hand however.................................rolleyes.gif

interesting. at almost every thai 'camp' here in isael wehre there are the usual moshav (village) mutts bumming off the thais' leftovers, the dogs very much listen to more then one owner and in more then one language (usually also owned by the thais' employers, and understand hebrew as well as thai and often tagalog as well due to the filipina girlfreinds that also live part time with the men)...

my own three dogs are very very well behaved when hubby is at home. during the week, whiel he lives in tel aviv at work, i (the dog trainer in reality) have three lhasa apso/poodles that dont seem to understand either thai hebrew or english. which they understand perfectly from thursday night until sunday monring when he is here.

in hubby's village, the family dogs only listen to paw, the father, adn to my hsuband. every house i was at, the dogs listened, understood,and behaved well. its when u are out at night and theya re out at night and you are a falang, they suddenly become less well behaved, much like here, when the dogs at night become rather racist and go after certain interlopers.

Do these dogs also speak the 3 different languages ?

I have had the same experience once while feeding some Dogs with Left over chicken while I was waiting for the Boat to Ko samet, a Thai lady came

over and quite rudely ask for the food as she has many dogs.

I think she wanted the karma of the kind act.

Bingo. They want the good karma. Being Buddhist this is what they strive for on a daily basis.
  • Like 1

I have had the same experience once while feeding some Dogs with Left over chicken while I was waiting for the Boat to Ko samet, a Thai lady came

over and quite rudely ask for the food as she has many dogs.

I think she wanted the karma of the kind act.

Bingo. They want the good karma. Being Buddhist this is what they strive for on a daily basis.

Which sort of cancels itself out.

If I buy dog food it would be because I want to feed the dogs. If someone then comes and takes my dog food and feed the dogs they are stopping me from doing what I was going to enjoy.

So no karma points will have been earned.

Edited by bertty

Yes there are many mistery's about Thai and dogs. I have never seen a Thai dog that listens to the owner like they do in Europe.

both my thai dogs listen to me and do as i tell them,

dont even chase the chickens and ducks

Our dogs would love to chase the chickens but they are well aware of the penalty. A few of years ago a couple of the dogs killed a chicken and then buried it, outside the kitchen door was probably about the worst place they could have chosen.

My brother in law got some turkeys and shortly after the dogs had a go but the turkeys turned on the dogs and they stay well clear now. The original 4 are now a dozen adults with 9 chicks and are quite a formidable force as they always move about mob handed.