Six dishes to slowcook and freeze.

CBR650

I'm going to spend 3 days slowcooking 6 different dishes in order to shove them away in the freezer.

I've decided on:

Green chicken curry.

Chicken Tikka Masala.

Bolognese.

Mexican style chili (with kidney beans)

Leaving two spots.

Taco sauce/filing?

Mince and gravy filing? all is needed there after is puff pastry to make pies.

Other ideas welcome. Help a brother out.

Beef Bourguignone................use the cheapest cut of lean beef, cut into 4cm chunks, red wine, carrots a some herbs (bouquet garni if you have it) and of course the dish needs finely chopped onions and crushed garlic (there are many variations on this).

I add a beef stock cube and a good dose of black pepper, then use the slow cook setting on my rice cooker. When cooked I drain off the stock, add a little brown sugar and reduce it for a while until it is a little thicker.......can use a little cornflour if you wish.

As a variation, add some potato chunks about halfway through the cooking process.

Freezes well.

• Like 1

Think I will stick with the mince and gravy, either to be used as pie filling or for shepard's pie.

The last spot looks to have been taken by the Beef Bourguignone

I was also thinking of making burger patties, stacking them with greased oven paper and freezing.

How long would you leave stuff like this frozen for?

6 months? 1 year? 2 years?

Try Italian Lasagna, white Chicken & Broccoli Lasagna in the slow cooker... delizioso!

Edit: both freeze very well; Also, I think most, if not all of these foods should probably be consumed within 6 months of freezing to be safest.

Edited by Michaelaway
  • Like 1

Try Italian Lasagna, white Chicken & Broccoli Lasagna in the slow cooker... delizioso!

Edit: both freeze very well; Also, I think most, if not all of these foods should probably be consumed within 6 months of freezing to be safest.

Yeah I go with 6 months also, although have consumed a short while after, but after a year I clear out the freezer!!!

With burgers i chill them in the freezer on a flat board, and then stack them in plastic zipped bags, stops them freezing stuck together

Have a good slow cooking few days

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1

I often do similar: bolgonese, green chicken curry and mexican chili. Another is a Japanese style curry. I buy a pack of House Foods (or similar) curry roux (available in Tesco, Tops etc), and cook with chicken, potato, carrots, onions and others. Nice with rice or on a schnitzel. The packs have instructions in Japanese and Thai, but English recipies are available from the US distributor, where its apparently called Vermont Curry: http://flavorofjapan.com/

• Like 1

Goulash. Goes perfect with rice, noodles, potatoes, mash or whatever. Freezes perfect, thousands of receipts available

Fatfather

Yepp, Goulash.thumbsup.gif

And two favourites of mine:

Schweinebraten, prepared in the baking oven (or slow cooker), even cold with bread, very delicious.

post-158247-0-89937000-1413728515_thumb.

Geschnetzeltes, not slow cooking but also ideal for freezing. Can be served with rice, noodles, spätzle, potatoes, French fries...etc...

post-158247-0-67585800-1413728559_thumb.

Edited by Turkleton
  • Like 1