Prayut's approval rating rises to 93.3 per cent

Lite Beer

Many on TVF (mostly the diehard yellows) remind of a quote from Sam Harris.

“If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?”

That's a good quote. I like it, but it's not evidence. You cant present it in a court of law.

Heres another interesting pair of quotes, (purportedly) from the contributing editor to The Nation newspaper

David Simmons One of the below-the-line commenters says: "Does the Editor realise that by repeatedly publishing the results of farcical polls like this, he is seriously lowering the image of the Bangkok Post?" I suspect the Editor does indeed, but is hoping to salvage the paper's credibility later. Might be a faint hope; probably the Post and The Nation, my employer, should have thought of that while they were supporting Suthep's anti-democracy movement that caused this situation.

David Simmons I don't think the right wing or our advertisers wanted another military dictator, at least not one like Prayut who wants to "reform" everything in sight, and is shoring up his image with populist programs almost indistinguishable from Yingluck's, with only vague ideas how they will be paid for after Suthep and the Democrats nearly destroyed the economy. Big business was hoping for another judicial coup, with the Democrats installed like last time. Our paper has been more critical of the junta than it was of Suthep, even though the generals have guns (some of which were on display in our parking lot right after the coup; I think they've slunk back into the Army Club now).

I don't think there is anything wrong with publishing these poll results, along with their source, and letting them speak for themselves. Aside from a few trolls, nobody on this thread appears to have had any trouble interpreting the message.

Mr. Simmons is certainly correct that The Nation has been tougher on the Junta than they were on Suthep - although that is not a terrifically high bar to reach. And much tougher than I think anyone (well, me anyway) expected them to be.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The approval rating for the government rose to 93.3 per cent after Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha attended the Asia-Europe Meeting in Italy, a survey by the Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association has found.

Of course this could mean that the approval rating for the government soared when O'cha left the country..........................coffee1.gif

You are really getting desperate now. What is the problem. I assure you times they are a changing for the betterment of Thailand. Maybe not people involved in corruption.

Why should I believe you - you also stated that the military did not kill the 6 people at Wat Phatum Wanaram, hardly going to make me think your opinion is worth listening to.

OK if its so high... make a political party and have an election asap... landslide victory 4 years legit rule, done............ go for it if you have this 93.3 %

Personally im calling BS on this figure yet again smile.png

silly little people

Would be interesting to see a free vote with parties from the left, centre and far right.

Come on, General. Put your money where your mouth is. If you've got over 90% of the people 'approving' of you, call free and fair elections.

Even tho 93.3 % of the people approve of the PM, happiness is here they all love him but................Martial law is still needed .... hmmm .......................

Maybe the 93.3% was a military poll ? whistling.gif

Many of the enlisted are draftees who don't want to be there. But I suppose if their officers told them how to answer...

Seems about right. That would fall in line with the figures that show a 7% fanatical group that embrace terrorism.

Good to see that 93% of the population are looking at a brighter, peaceful future where their voices will be heard post ballot box. Unless of course we will be referring to an election over 3 years ago to discredit this poll conducted 24 hours ago.

Sorry mate, we are not taking the bait!!coffee1.gif

JOC, for God's sake, can't you see that the post has been put up as satire ??

It's a 'send up' of people who are anti-Red !!!

:)

I had plans to return, but I don't really want to move to N.Korea MKII. Sad and worrying times for Thailand.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1413698448

it made my day

Best quote I've seen in a long time:

"I want all Thais to return home," Gen. Prayuth said yesterday after returning from an international summit in Italy. "All of those who are facing charges should return home. If you are not guilty, no one can punish you."

I'm sure the two Myanmar suspects in the Koh Samui jail will find comfort in this.

this was not bad too

"Please come home,” Gen. Prayuth said in his plea yesterday. “Living abroad is not comfortable at all, unlike living in Thailand.”

he lived abroad 30 years so he can talk(cheap sarcasm)

He lived abroad for 30 years? Where? I'd like to know where he developed his, um, unconventional views.

OK if its so high... make a political party and have an election asap... landslide victory 4 years legit rule, done............ go for it if you have this 93.3 %

silly little people

Don't be so cynical.

My approval rating is 100%. I'm at the ranch and I just went out and polled all of the Australian Shepherd cattle dogs. The dog food I gave them got a 100% approval rating, too.

It's so easy to be popular in this world. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I had plans to return, but I don't really want to move to N.Korea MKII. Sad and worrying times for Thailand.

it made my day

"I stressed to them that we still have democracy, because we don't ban everything," Gen. Prayuth explained. "We only ban issues that affect national security." wai2.gifwai.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

does anyone know if the guys are still on show?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Seems about right. That would fall in line with the figures that show a 7% fanatical group that embrace terrorism.

Good to see that 93% of the population are looking at a brighter, peaceful future where their voices will be heard post ballot box. Unless of course we will be referring to an election over 3 years ago to discredit this poll conducted 24 hours ago.

Yes, it's a shame that we can't point to elections in 2014 or 2015. Who knows about 2016? That will depend on whether the Junta has eliminated all potential domestic and foreign (thai) critics.

who believes this lies from Thai agencies? in january he will have 133% and the worse thing is, that the Tahi even would not recognize that this is not possible, everything over 60% is a lie and this is valid for every country in the world

Thailand's "leaders" have a long tradition of creating their own propaganda. Their reports from Milan will all be fawning over how the 'PM' is (1) accepted, and (2) improving Thailand's image on the world stage.

And polls like this will continue - there is no end in sight.

next week they will write in Thai news that Obama and Merkel are calling Prayut´s to ask for his oppinion about the world problems, this man is the biggest shame for thailand, he change nothing, nobody got charged for anything, old buddy´s are back in power.

Everbody who sucked out this country do not have to fear anything, they not loose any money or face charges.

it made my day

"I stressed to them that we still have democracy, because we don't ban everything," Gen. Prayuth explained. "We only ban issues that affect national security." wai2.gifwai.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Like eating sandwiches in public.

• Like 1

There is much room for improvement if he ever hopes to achieve the approval ratings of Mao Tse-tung, Our Dear Leader in North Korea, Field Marshall Sarit, Stalin et al.

Just feed 6.7% of the population to the dogs and the problem is fixed.

silly little people

Don't be so cynical.

My approval rating is 100%. I'm at the ranch and I just went out and polled all of the Australian Shepherd cattle dogs. The dog food I gave them got a 100% approval rating, too.

It's so easy to be popular in this world. thumbsup.gif

Australian Shepherd? Do you mean a blue heeled? We don't have ranches in Australia we have properties/stations

“I will give you fairness. I will instruct the Ministry of Justice to take care of you."

Interesting that you can just order "fairness" from the ministry of Justice like that. Wonder if he is talking about the same kind of "fairness" as the boys in a jail on Koh Samui are receiving right now?

REALLY,,, Is it April the 1st already???blink.png

Just who are these people trying to kid? So I guess this poll gathering group (what's their name again )? the( we're full of SH*T) pollsters have so much credibility now with their well defined un-bias, truly well rounded wide ranging thousands of people polled, who needs elections,

Lol, the well known Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Associatiion, established on the 15th May this year by a guy who lists his current employer on Linkedin In as the Royal Thai Army.

I've also heard that only his family and the subordinates directly under is thumb are polled.

If the number is really an accurate indicator of how the Thai public accept this dictator, I have less faith in this country and Thais is general than I've ever had before. It's more likely that they are giving their approval only as a result of fear. The General has basically made it illegal not to like him or disagree with him. What a farce!

Edited by waynethor