Manchester City

mrbojangles

5 hours ago, smokes said:

Did your lot jet off on your blue plane to escape Doris then?

A short tour of the bojangles palace and some chicken sausage in the desert perhaps...maybe a Nile cruise...and a quick five a side for his highness?

United bottled it out of the scheduled derby match and wanted to play in the mickey mouse cup, therefore no fixture for us this weekend. :smile:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Quieter 2nd half. 4v1 Aguero great finish from Sterling cross. 5v1 Nacho.
Another away tie vs Boro.

should have been a dozen,players trying to walk the ball into the nett.

On 27/02/2017 at 0:06 PM, mrbojangles said:

United bottled it out of the scheduled derby match and wanted to play in the mickey mouse cup, therefore no fixture for us this weekend. :smile:

You could have played with yourselves BJ.............I mean,well you know what :smile:

and would that same mickey mouse cup be the one your lot managed to win last season :sleep:

consistency is the keyword and you certainly have that in your keeper :clap2:oops

36 minutes ago, petermik said:

You could have played with yourselves BJ.............I mean,well you know what :smile:

and would that same mickey mouse cup be the one your lot managed to win last season :sleep:

consistency is the keyword and you certainly have that in your keeper :clap2:oops

T'was a joke Peter :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Didnt see the game but according to the 5 live podcast your keeper made a great save  and got a stand up round of applause   then in the second half your crowd turned on him  Fickle  or what !!

I saw the game. Bravo made a save, not a great save, and some in the crowd got on his case. The goal he let in as usual wasn't difficult - through his legs! Don't try saying that fans turning against players doesn't happen at every club, it does - if you're interested i could even name some of the  City players that some in the crowd had a go at over the years - and on some forums here, fans of the same club have a go at each other (West of Mancunia, hint, hint). Shouldn't happen but does. Be fair to say nobody has any confidence in Bravo anymore. 

Huddersfield were decent until we got our nose in front - they started very lively, were far quicker to the ball and gave a very good account of themselves. Once we got some breathing room we got better but if start of the 2nd half their player had buried his header from the corner as he should have done it would have been on again. They are decent and good luck to them for the rest of the season. 

21 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I saw the game. Bravo made a save, not a great save, and some in the crowd got on his case. . Be fair to say nobody has any confidence in Bravo anymore. 

the way the bbc put it was he got a standing ovation in the first half then the same fans jeered and mocked him in the second half and if what you say is true  the only one that has confidence in him is ,,,, your manager, :cheesy:but hey he wont be the first to put his job in contention  cos of <deleted> up on his choice of  goalkeepers nor i'm sure will he  be the last.

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

the way the bbc put it was he got a standing ovation in the first half then the same fans jeered and mocked him in the second half and if what you say is true  the only one that has confidence in him is ,,,, your manager, :cheesy:but hey he wont be the first to put his job in contention  cos of <deleted> up on his choice of  goalkeepers nor i'm sure will he  be the last.

The BBC got it wrong then. He blundered another goal in the first half, so who in their right mind would give a "serious" standing ovation for that?  When he touched the ball, the crowd were sarcastically clapping him. He was a huge error of Pep's and even Pep has now realised it by puttin Willy in goal for the Prem and CL.

Pep has made it clear that Joe Hart is off. The man should swallow his pride; we all make mistakes. He welcomed cry baby Toure back and he should welcome Hart back. Hart has another 10 years in him. I doubt City will get another 10 months out of Toure.

I think if Hart had stayed and fought for his place, he'd be back in the side now but he decided not to and went on loan to get first team position. Can't blame Hart I suppose nor Pep for not standing in his way but I do wish he'd tried to fight for his place. It's a season long deal, so we couldn't bring him back if we wanted to.

A couple of scares but overall I think that was a comfortable win. Sunderland pressed well in the first half but we weathered it and with patience got the first break through. After that, I think Sunderland ran out of energy to keep up pressing like they did in the first half. 2 very good goals from us, the first well taken by Aguero and the second a very well worked passing and the finished by Sane. Need to keep this up against Stoke on wednesday

Wasn't easy. Sunderland had an excellent first half and were unfortunate to go in behind. We were decent 2nd half. Good to see our goalie making saves.

Sane again excellent and a well taken goal; love watching him (one paper saying he's like Bale).

Silva was majestic 2nd half, we were beginning to write him off but finally ankle injury free he's back to his best. I've never seen him go so deep to get the ball and he's added tackling to his game. Who knew he speaks English (first interview in english).

Sterling was annoying me last night. Got little out of the defender. I would have hooked him halftime. He's either good or bad but never in between.

"City have kept five consecutive clean sheets away from home in all competitions for the first time ever."

"City have won 10 away league games this season - they've never won more in a single Premier League campaign (also 10 in 2011-12, 2013-14 and 2014-15). Only Man Utd in 1993-94 and Chelsea in 2004-05 (both 11) have won more of their opening 14 away games in a single Premier League season."

"David Silva has provided 62 assists in the Premier League since his debut, at least 11 more than any other player in that time (Wayne Rooney, 51)"