Manchester City

mrbojangles

19 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Been away in Laos for two days. Just caught up on a few pages of posts. Very interesting! What is considered success? I'm sure Saints and Watford would say they are. But what of Everton?

Is it all about winning the big ones? Just being regarded at permanent top 6 would seem successful to some clubs.

Winning the championship once since 1960 for others!

43 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Bookmark all you want alfie. I didn't set a timeline, you did.

Stop worrying about our youth coming through. All in good time my friend, all in good time.  

There you go again  making claims that are not true, where did i set a timeline ? the only person who set a time line is your Mr Mubarak and ex player Zabaleta so i'll post them again as you obviously didn't see them ! 

31 MAY 2017 • 11:49AM

City have had a poor record of academy graduates establishing themselves in the first XI since the Abu Dhabi takeover in 2008 and Guardiola has claimed opportunities are likely to be limited for the youngsters again next season.

But Mubarak has backed academy prospects Jadon Sancho, Phil Foden and Brahim Diaz to become first team players at City and wants to see at least one youngster successfully graduating to the senior side every year.

Monday 8 December 2014 11.00 GMT

Since Sheikh Mansour bought City in the summer of 2008 not one English player developed by the club has started in the Premier League. “This is true and I hope in the next few years we can see some of the young players from the academy come into the first team and have a chance to play regularly,

Edited by alfieconn

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Winning the championship once since 1960 for others!

Spurs I presume!!

Clubs tend to have cycles where they are either sucessful or not so. Man U have been outstanding since the forming of the EPL as have Arsenal. Liverpool were top of the tree for the 20 years before that. If we are talking recent results then City can be proud. As can a couple of others. It is probably tougher to win the EPL now than at any time.

But Spurs (the millionaire club of its day) did have a couple of good seasons under Bill Nic. Can't easily say why they faded so badly in mid 1960s. It was not the days of big squads and there were a couple of major setbacks to the team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Where have i set a timeline ?  the only person who set a time line is your Mr Mubarak and ex player Zabaleta so i'll post them again as you obviously didn't see them ! 

31 MAY 2017 • 11:49AM

City have had a poor record of academy graduates establishing themselves in the first XI since the Abu Dhabi takeover in 2008 and Guardiola has claimed opportunities are likely to be limited for the youngsters again next season.

But Mubarak has backed academy prospects Jadon Sancho, Phil Foden and Brahim Diaz to become first team players at City and wants to see at least one youngster successfully graduating to the senior side every year.

Monday 8 December 2014 11.00 GMT

Since Sheikh Mansour bought City in the summer of 2008 not one English player developed by the club has started in the Premier League. “This is true and I hope in the next few years we can see some of the young players from the academy come into the first team and have a chance to play regularly,

No Alfie. You said "Ok so i'll look forward to seeing at least one of them playing in the first team in a Premier league game this season" You set that timeline.

Mubarak in a 3 year old article said he hoped to see some of the young have a chance in the future.

You are trying to set in stone something which was a target 3 years ago. Phil Foden, Brahim Diaz, Adarabioyo and Zinchenko have all been part of the subs bench this year (Foden more than the others) and I hope that one will get a chance if Pep thinks they are good enough.

What we have found is that the young ones playing in front of empty academy stadiums is not giving them the right grounding and experience to step up to the "adult" game. So the one's which have the highest potential of the next batch have been loaned out to Girona. Pablo Maffeo was in the first team against Barcelona a few weeks ago. That"s getting great experience under his belt.

All on track Alfie.

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

No Alfie. You said "Ok so i'll look forward to seeing at least one of them playing in the first team in a Premier league game this season" You set that timeline.

Mubarak in a 3 year old article said he hoped to see some of the young have a chance in the future.

You are trying to set in stone something which was a target 3 years ago. Phil Foden, Brahim Diaz, Adarabioyo and Zinchenko have all been part of the subs bench this year (Foden more than the others) and I hope that one will get a chance if Pep thinks they are good enough.

What we have found is that the young ones playing in front of empty academy stadiums is not giving them the right grounding and experience to step up to the "adult" game. So the one's which have the highest potential of the next batch have been loaned out to Girona. Pablo Maffeo was in the first team against Barcelona a few weeks ago. That"s getting great experience under his belt.

All on track Alfie.

Your having problem reading again, i said that in regards to Mubabrak setting the time line as follows least one youngster successfully graduating to the senior side every year,   it seems you have a problem understanding what every year means !

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Where did any of us claim we are successful and winning loads of trophies?

That's right your not successful and even golden boy kane has set his stall out and said the sensible thing he deserves. Madrid for the lad. That's a hole and a half to fill but you know what. Its discontent city at spurs the wheels are falling. Contract you say 2022 you say. Rub em together shareholders err sorry I mean fans; payday awaits.

37 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Your having problem reading again, i said that in regards to Mubabrak setting the time line as follows least one youngster successfully graduating to the senior side every year,   it seems you have a problem understanding what every year means !

Mubarak wants Alfie wants Read your own bladdy article. I want to win the lottery but it don't mean I will

14 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

That's right your not successful and even golden boy kane has set his stall out and said the sensible thing he deserves. Madrid for the lad. That's a hole and a half to fill but you know what. Its discontent city at spurs the wheels are falling. Contract you say 2022 you say. Rub em together shareholders err sorry I mean fans; payday awaits.

You should concentrate on your shambles of a defence and inability to finish.

Discontent at Tottenham?

Pot kettle right there.....I'm sure Coutinho is purring like a kitten right now.

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Mubarak wants Alfie wants Read your own bladdy article. I want to win the lottery but it don't mean I will

And it certainly doesn't mean he will either.

wants to see at least one youngster successfully graduating to the senior side every year.

Edited by alfieconn

6 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I'm not too worried just find it amusing.

We all do at our club don't we?

Well we can allow ourselves to given our success at bridging the gap to the first team in recent years.

Winks is just getting better and better now as well!

Bloody dejavu all over again. Now spurs great youth has come up which is where some years back I had a look and I'm pretty sure kane was the only first team REGULAR to have come through spurs youth from schoolboy.

But when are we going to debate what spurs have won in recent seasons and more to the point, what are spurs going to win this or upcoming seasons, and the big big question, are spurs going to win the Premier in our lifetimes. Alfie/Carmine/Ronnie discuss.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Bloody dejavu all over again. Now spurs great youth has come up which is where some years back I had a look and I'm pretty sure kane was the only first team REGULAR to have come through spurs youth from schoolboy.

But when are we going to debate what spurs have won in recent seasons and more to the point, what are spurs going to win this or upcoming seasons, and the big big question, are spurs going to win the Premier in our lifetimes. Alfie/Carmine/Ronnie discuss.

Funny that. He's an arsenal fan and he began at arsenal but in no time at all he will be basking in the sun.

Spurs best chance was the season we are in but the ground change has completely messed up that one and only chance. It litrually was a once in a lifetime opportunity and now it's gone. 

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What did you win last season Sheikh Mohammed?

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Funny that. He's an arsenal fan and he began at arsenal but in no time at all he will be basking in the sun.

Spurs best chance was the season we are in but the ground change has completely messed up that one and only chance. It litrually was a once in a lifetime opportunity and now it's gone. 

And what did you lot win Abu Bin an Done?

You're the real clown here cos your team is shit....your board is shit and you are shooting for fourth at best.

9 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

We have been debating and we think you have a completely unfair advantage and you hold to the preposterous notion that you don't because you are delusional or plain in denial.

Now thats been discussed again, do you really want to go back to our academy again, something that you've already proven you know little or nothing about?  Do you get your info from R2D2?

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Why are you discussing Spurs on the City thread  ?

Edited by alfieconn