Manchester City

mrbojangles

In a sense, this may be a victory for us traditionalist who value the game for only it's beauty, history and roots. But perhaps more so as the only option left would be, although not perfect, a type of Barcelona ownership wherein the supporters own a great deal of the club. If it's not too late by then. Unfortunately though, I don't see any Manchester City supporters who have the critical faculties to even think about the consequences of the way their ship is headed, nor even care. It's always been the way of instant gratification that those who only grab what's laid before them are unable to see the bus that's coming around the corner.

Fom skysports:-

It is reported that two high-profile clubs attempted to hijack Portsmouth's takeover by Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim.

Third parties claiming to represent the interests of Newcastle United and West Ham approached Al-Fahim when hearing of his planned investment.

Full story:- http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5368110,00.html

Now that would have been funny. What would you have done if he had bought your club ? Oh wait, don't tell me. Cos he hasn't, you will stick by what you said. :) <deleted>, if he had have bought you instead, you'd be jumping for joy. :D

In a perfect world, I want my team to be bought by someone who doesnt wish to put 1 penny of his own money into buying players and for the first time in my life run the club properly as Newcastle are potentially a money making factory who shouldnt have to need oil money to compete at the top or with small clubs like Chelsea, same as your mob really.

But if they are bought out by some Oil rich man (notice the political correctness) i'll still carry on watching them on TV and go to the occasional game, and hope that one day Britain pulls out of governance from the EU and then UEFA invoke a law where teams can only borrow money in relation to what income the generate.

But sometimes you have to move with the times, or you end up in the Conference League and I love my club too much to want to see that.

There is the pivotal difference between us. As I've already written, I have far more in common with the supporters of United of Manchester and AFC Wimbledon than those of any club who just think the short-term success of the club at the expense of tradition. If West Ham went the way of say Manchester City, then I'd be the first to put my support behind, e.g. Athletico East Ham, or whatever.

If West Ham went the way of say Manchester City, then I'd be the first to put my support behind, e.g. Athletico East Ham, or whatever.

But they have gone the way of Man City (and other teams), except with less money at your disposal. You're owned by a fekkin Icelander <deleted>, now that surely ain't in your "tradition" so you better start your Athetico East Ham, pronto :)

If West Ham went the way of say Manchester City, then I'd be the first to put my support behind, e.g. Athletico East Ham, or whatever.

But they have gone the way of Man City (and other teams), except with less money at your disposal. You're owned by a fekkin Icelander <deleted>, now that surely ain't in your "tradition" so you better start your Athetico East Ham, pronto :)

Not technically any more... :D

just because the investment firm opened an office in London - they are still owned by the Government no?

just because the investment firm opened an office in London - they are still owned by the Government no?

My BJ was referring to " A " fekkin Icelander ( BG ) not a Group of them, like we are owned by now... :D

Kind of agree with this WestHam were spending a fair bit of money the other year but arent i right in thinking its all been put onto the clubs books so they will be paying it back.

Chelsea and Man City will never be able to pay the amount theyre spending or have spent.

My BJ was referring to " A " fekkin Icelander ( BG ) not a Group of them, like we are owned by now... :D

Either, either. The point is, it isn't exactly traditional like HH is gaggling on about, to be owned by Icelander(s). If it was down to HH they would be owned by the pickled egg and Eel eating, rattle shakers of yester-year.

The football world has moved on, the EPL is the best league in the world and like it or loathe it, Sky have done a magnificent job at televising it. You can all have your opinion, I'll have mine. It doesn't mean I like football and my club, any more or less than you love yours. :D

Either, either. The point is, it isn't exactly traditional like HH is gaggling on about, to be owned by Icelander(s). If it was down to HH they would be owned by the pickled egg and Eel eating, rattle shakers of yester-year.

"Gaggling on about", my you have a fine way with words. I don't see why it should be that you seek to denegrate any one with more knowledge, and sense of football social history than yourself.

The football world has moved on, the EPL is the best league in the world and like it or loathe it, Sky have done a magnificent job at televising it. You can all have your opinion, I'll have mine. It doesn't mean I like football and my club, any more or less than you love yours. :)

Ever watched the Spanish league ? Don't buy all the hype surrounding the Premiership. Believe me Spanish football has a lot to offer that can often be a pleasure to watch.

"Gaggling on about", my you have a fine way with words. I don't see why it should be that you seek to denegrate any one with more knowledge, and sense of football social history than yourself.

The football world has moved on, the EPL is the best league in the world and like it or loathe it, Sky have done a magnificent job at televising it. You can all have your opinion, I'll have mine. It doesn't mean I like football and my club, any more or less than you love yours. :)

Ever watched the Spanish league ? Don't buy all the hype surrounding the Premiership. Believe me Spanish football has a lot to offer that can often be a pleasure to watch.

Come on HH

I watch as much Spanish league as I do Premiership.

Barcelona aside(who are by far the best side right now) the likes of Real Madrid, Seville and Valencia are not in the same league as Liverpool/Man u/Chelsea/.

The Spanish league was won in a trot by Barca, no way can it seen to be as competitive as the premiership. I think I have seen more one sided games in the Spanish league this year than ever before. Entertaining, yes but nowhere near as entertaining or competitive as the Premier league

Come on HH

I watch as much Spanish league as I do Premiership.

Barcelona aside(who are by far the best side right now) the likes of Real Madrid, Seville and Valencia are not in the same league as Liverpool/Man u/Chelsea/.

The Spanish league was won in a trot by Barca, no way can it seen to be as competitive as the premiership. I think I have seen more one sided games in the Spanish league this year than ever before. Entertaining, yes but nowhere near as entertaining or competitive as the Premier league

I can understand where you're coming from mate. But that doesn't detract from the fact that ,generally, I very often find watching Spanish football more aesthetically pleasing. Or as you say, entertaining. I guess that's all about the style of play.

And you are of course right about La Liga being less competitive than the Premiership . Although competitiveness is a bit down my list of priorities to be honest.

As an aside, It's interesting about Kaka now joining Real Madrid for about £62 mil, when Manchester City offered more. I'm not going to speculate why he declined that move, although I don't think it a hard conclusion to reach. e.g. they're not Real Madrid for one thing. But the interesting thing is, that whilst he'd pledged his whole playing life to Milan, it was Manchester City that prised the door open for him to eventually move to Real. It was that Milan were open to discussing a proposed move - however fractious those negotiations eventually proved to be - that made Kaka aware that Milan were open to him being transferred.

Still, whoever Real now bring in on the basis of telling them that they'll be top man there, they'll have a long way to catch up on Barca. Otherwise I'll know who to blame. :)

Carlos Tevez Agrees To Manchester City Deal - Report

A British radio station has stated that Carlos Tevez has signed a deal with Manchester City...

In the wake of the news that Carlos Tevez had sought advice from legendary Argentine and national team coach Diego Maradona, British radio station talkSPORT broadcast a statement earlier today stating that Tevez had signed a deal with Manchester City.

It has been suggested over the past few days that it has been a two horse race between Manchester United and City to secure the services of the pint-sized striker for next season, with Liverpool being ruled out for financial reasons, and other big clubs seeming to fall by the wayside as the scenario draws to an end.

The rights to Tevez are owned by Kia Joorabchian, a British-born, Iranian businessman who has been negotiating with both Manchester-based clubs to decide the future of the Argentina international.

Tevez himself has reportedly been slightly unhappy at missing out on some big games at Old Trafford due to Alex Ferguson's rotational policies, so a deal with City would no doubt guarantee more first-team action and an increased wage packet, but no European football - something that Tevez has been afforded during his last two years with the Red Devils.

United have shown reluctance over the past weeks in paying the second part of the money they would have to part with in order to make Tevez's move a permanent fixture, even enlisting the help of attorneys in an attempt to find loopholes in the contract that would allow Sir Alex Ferguson's side to acquire the forward for free.

However, the whole affair now seems to be coming to an end, with the player himself said to make a decision on his future that will either refute or affirm the claims made by the British media after his involvement on Wednesday when Argentina take on Ecuador.

Stephen Crawford, Goal.com

It's nothing to do with you have a different point of view HH. It's the fact that you are contradicting yourself as to why I say you are gaggling on. Your team are as guilty as anyone for selling out but you still support them.

Yep, I watch it. I don't have to buy the hype about the EPL, people of other nationalities prove it to me. I live in Saudi and the football fans here who I work with all have an English team who they support and they watch the EPL. None, I repeat none, have a Spanish, Italian, German or French team and it's the same in Thailand :D

heres the bottom line............it doesnt matter if its city or some other club outside the top 4 that has been or will be bought by foreign investors.....anyone and i mean anyone no matter who they are young or old would be dam happy that a cash rich person entity or investment group will buy their club......

all this BS about i wouldnt want it and i wouldnt be happy is sheer crap............who cares if ur club can now afford a few million more than the likes of united ,chelsea liverpool and the arse.....

is anyone complaining about kaka at 60 odd mill.....or whether ronaldo will go for 70 mill............no because its united and real madrid and its expected......no one complained when chelsea bought up 5 or so years ago and are now regular achievers.........

if your at a house auction and your richer than most people there and you really want the house...what do you do? do you say " oh no i couldnt possible bid more than the big players here"...BS....you bid as high as you need to go to get what you want before any thoer gets it.....its a fact and it will never change no matter whether its football players houses or new businesses..........thats the fact in this world.........so lets hope all the jealous whiners stop their whinging and hoe that some cash or oil rich magnate buys their clubs so they can then compete at the higher ;evel ust like city are now doing...........12 mill for barry, hopefully 30 mill for tevez and robhinos 32 mill are just what it takes to get the player that are needed to ebuld the club from the ground up.....well done mark hughes for getting the vote, im sure his strategies will start to come through soon..rome wasnt built in a day.......

heres the bottom line............it doesnt matter if its city or some other club outside the top 4 that has been or will be bought by foreign investors.....anyone and i mean anyone no matter who they are young or old would be dam happy that a cash rich person entity or investment group will buy their club......

all this BS about i wouldnt want it and i wouldnt be happy is sheer crap............who cares if ur club can now afford a few million more than the likes of united ,chelsea liverpool and the arse.....

is anyone complaining about kaka at 60 odd mill.....or whether ronaldo will go for 70 mill............no because its united and real madrid and its expected......no one complained when chelsea bought up 5 or so years ago and are now regular achievers.........

if your at a house auction and your richer than most people there and you really want the house...what do you do? do you say " oh no i couldnt possible bid more than the big players here"...BS....you bid as high as you need to go to get what you want before any thoer gets it.....its a fact and it will never change no matter whether its football players houses or new businesses..........thats the fact in this world.........so lets hope all the jealous whiners stop their whinging and hoe that some cash or oil rich magnate buys their clubs so they can then compete at the higher ;evel ust like city are now doing...........12 mill for barry, hopefully 30 mill for tevez and robhinos 32 mill are just what it takes to get the player that are needed to ebuld the club from the ground up.....well done mark hughes for getting the vote, im sure his strategies will start to come through soon..rome wasnt built in a day.......

Ark at Steve Austin over there... :)

& as i said previously, i'm much more happy that it's City than a lot of the other awful Clubs in the Prem, i suppose i just still want to see City with their loyal Fan Base of Mancunians & don't want to meet City Fans from Surrey & all that sort of sh*t that wouldn't have a clue who Paul Dickov & Gillingham are, but have Robinho 32 or Tevez 10 on their back..

Edited : For reading over the Post again & not necessarily agreeing with it, like i first thought i did..

Edited by MSingh

nice of you to assume that you speak for everyone. i know plenty of city fans back home who were not happy at living off thaksin's money and plenty who are not happy with the state of affairs now either. they're the same sort of fans who began following FCUM when the glazers came in, ones who follow football for the sport itself and the crack of going to a match rather than for the hype and the bullshit. don't assume that every fan has the same soulless viewpoint as yourself.

I live in Saudi and the football fans here who I work with all have an English team who they support and they watch the EPL. None, I repeat none, have a Spanish, Italian, German or French team and it's the same in Thailand :)

Here in sunny BKK over the last few week ive noticed an epidemic of Barcelona shirts being attached to the bodies of Oriental looking folk.

The Spanish league is more competitive, it isnt the same 4 teams who finish in the top 4 every year.

nice of you to assume that you speak for everyone. i know plenty of city fans back home who were not happy at living off thaksin's money and plenty who are not happy with the state of affairs now either. they're the same sort of fans who began following FCUM when the glazers came in, ones who follow football for the sport itself and the crack of going to a match rather than for the hype and the bullshit. don't assume that every fan has the same soulless viewpoint as yourself.

In fairness stevie, I know very few City fans who knew anything about Thaksin until he actually bought City and knew nothing of how and where he got his money. So they weren't really bothered.

As for the new owners, of course there will be some who don't like it but I can honestly say that as a City fan, I personally do not know one single person who is against the Abu Dhabi's pouring money into our club.

As for the new owners, of course there will be some who don't like it but I can honestly say that as a City fan, I personally do not know one single person who is against the Abu Dhabi's pouring money into our club.

OK.

Do you and any of the fans you speak of ever stop to wonder whether spending and paying sums that are vastly beyond what the club can generate by itself, could, sometime down the road, come back to bite you, or are you too busy enjoying the moment?

In fairness stevie, I know very few City fans who knew anything about Thaksin until he actually bought City and knew nothing of how and where he got his money. So they weren't really bothered.

I know off the top of my head, half a dozen here who were none too happy about it at all & spread the word back Home with their Pals..

4 of whch here did not renew their Season Tickets that they had ( even whilst they were here ) that they had for 15 plus Years, because of Thaksin..

OK.

Do you and any of the fans you speak of ever stop to wonder whether spending and paying sums that are vastly beyond what the club can generate by itself, could, sometime down the road, come back to bite you,

Yes, there is that of course rix.

or are you too busy enjoying the moment?

Well in my 45 years of supporting City, there haven't been that many, so I suppose yes I am :)

I know off the top of my head, half a dozen here who were none too happy about it at all & spread the word back Home with their Pals..

4 of whch here did not renew their Season Tickets that they had ( even whilst they were here ) that they had for 15 plus Years, because of Thaksin..

You are talking about half a dozen people who have Thai connections and knowledge of Thailand. I'm talking about the majority of the match going 40,000+ supporters who knew nothing of Thai politics.

As for your pals spreading the word. I don't think it worked. These are our attendances over the last 3 season's:-

06/07 Avge 39,997

07/08 Avge 42,126 (Thaksin in control)

08/09 Avge 42,900 (Abu Dhabi's in control)

As I say, you can throw into the mix a small amount of people who you personally know but the facts speak for themselves. The majority of City fans are happy with this takeover.