Manchester City

mrbojangles

think citeh will suprise a fewteams this year andcould even get in the top 4 who knows.

nev, you're going soft in your old age. That sounded like a bit of a compliment :)

Do you think they will, BJ, hand on heart, one word answer ???

Suppose it would be easier when the Window shuts to be honest but would be interested in what you really think...

think citeh will suprise a fewteams this year andcould even get in the top 4 who knows.

nev, you're going soft in your old age. That sounded like a bit of a compliment :)

not going soft mate just a honest opinion sparky was one of my favourite players he would have learnt a lot of fergie and he will use this,you have a few decent players why not you need to sort out your away form and you will be pushing for 5th maybe higher.

be good to have say a top 6 clubs add everton if they can improve all battling for the top 4 spots.

Suppose it would be easier when the Window shuts to be honest but would be interested in what you really think...

Next year, Yes.

This year 5th or 6th. (I hope)

I am sure that Mr Boj would agree with me, that having been a City fan all my life, you can only have hope and NOT expectations.

City are world beaters at being inconsistent and doing the unexpected.

Its sad really that the most exciting thing that has happened in the last 30 years was Paul Dickov scoring in injury time against Gillingham at the 2nd division play off final in 1999.

Next year, Yes.

I am sure that Mr Boj would agree with me, that having been a City fan all my life, you can only have hope and NOT expectations.

Its sad really that the most exciting thing that has happened in the last 30 years was Paul Dickov scoring in injury time against Gillingham at the 2nd division play off final in 1999.

Totally agree jack.

A top 6 finish would be bang on plan. But as I do EVERY year, I always hope that this will be the year when we get some silverware.

Next year, Yes.

i know a lad who walked out of that match with about five minutes to go so he could make the earlier train back to manchester.

Just like to mention that today is the anniversary of Mac Vivien Foé's death on 26th June 2003.

He was playing for Cameroon in the FIFA Confederations Cup. He played in the wins against Brazil and Turkey, and was rested for the match against the United States, with Cameroon having already qualified. On 26 June 2003, Cameroon faced Colombia in the semi-final, held at the Stade de Gerland in Lyon, France. In the 72nd minute of the match Foé collapsed in the centre circle. Attempts to resucitate him failed and his death was found to be heart related. He was only 28.

Man City retired the number 23 shirt in his memory.

Those 6 years seem to have flown by. R.I.P. :)

Just like to mention that today is the anniversary of Mac Vivien Foé's death on 26th June 2003.

He was playing for Cameroon in the FIFA Confederations Cup. He played in the wins against Brazil and Turkey, and was rested for the match against the United States, with Cameroon having already qualified. On 26 June 2003, Cameroon faced Colombia in the semi-final, held at the Stade de Gerland in Lyon, France. In the 72nd minute of the match Foé collapsed in the centre circle. Attempts to resucitate him failed and his death was found to be heart related. He was only 28.

Yep they have, i still remember the day we signed him, same day as Di Canio if i remember rightly & i met Marc twice, very nice Man he seemed,..

RIP MVF

R I P. mvf. :D

Tevez to be announced on Thurs/Fri so a Fella i know at Home who gives me decent info tells me, it must be the worst kept secret in Football anyway i reckon... :D

According to one of the weekend papers, his 4 yr old daughter has just been registered at a private school in Cheshire ( for bkk James, thats nowhere near London :D ) so it would appear to all be falling in place.

The rumour mill today, though, is all about getting Eto :)

The rumour mill today, though, is all about getting Eto :)

From skysports:-

Eto'o has City offer

Barca star has "stratospheric" offer to join City

Barcelona president Joan Laporta has revealed Manchester City have made a "stratospheric offer" to striker Samuel Eto'o.

The 28-year-old Cameroon international superstar has just one-year left on his contract with the European champions and is being tipped to leave Camp Nou.

Big-spending City have been linked with virtually ever player going this summer, although they recently recruited Roque Santa Cruz from Blackburn.

However, manager Mark Hughes is far from finished his summer spending and it appears he is determined as ever to add Eto'o to his talented squad.

Laporta claims City's offer would make Eto'o the highest paid player in world football, a deal which may even eclipse the staggering six-year deal Cristiano Ronaldo recently penned with Real Madrid.

The Barca supremo claims Eto'o wants to stay, but concedes the offer may be too good to reject. He also confirmed the Catalan giants would seek a replacement if the striker departed.

"Eto'o has a stratospheric offer from City, which would convert him into the best paid player in the world," he told Catalan radio station iCat FM.

"It's starting to become clear that he has this monster offer. He wants to stay but an offer like this is very difficult to refuse.

"If Eto'o accepts this stratospheric offer we will have to bring in someone."

it's interesting how slowly things have moved this close season. pre-season training starts soo and not that many teams have made signings yet. united and chelsea in particular have been slow to react.

eto'o will be a brilliant signing if you get him. fantastic player.

Yeah I agree stevie. Butterflies in me stomach matey :D

I can't wait for the season to start

So BJ, can I assure my 'Late Grandad" (next time his spectre appears) that this next season is going to the best since 19 __ ...(please fill in the year)

He has a direct link to Sky where he is, so will be keen to see something better than the last few seasons !......... :)

eto'o will be a brilliant signing if you get him. fantastic player.

Yeah I agree stevie. Butterflies in me stomach matey :D

I can't wait for the season to start

So BJ, can I assure my 'Late Grandad" (next time his spectre appears) that this next season is going to the best since 19 __ ...(please fill in the year)

He has a direct link to Sky where he is, so will be keen to see something better than the last few seasons !......... :)

You can tell your late gramps that it's going to be the best year since year dot ken, year dot :D

I'm gonna put me ar5e on the line here boys. That sign at Old Trafford which says 33 years, is coming down this year :D

Just in from the BBC Sport:-

Man City bid for Eto'o 'accepted'

Manchester City are believed to have had a £25m bid for striker Samuel Eto'o accepted by Barcelona.

The Spanish club's president Joan Laporta claimed City have made the 28-year-old Cameroon international a "stratospheric offer" to join them.

Reports have suggested the Eastlands club have offered Eto'o wages of up to £250,000 per week, which would make him the highest-paid player in the world.

Eto'o has scored more than 100 goals in five seasons with Barcelona.

He joined the Catalan side in 2004, signing from Mallorca for a fee of about £16m.

Eto'o helped Barcelona to win a treble trophy haul of the Spanish league title, domestic cup and Champions League in the 2008-2009 campaign.

He scored the opening goal in the Champions League final in Rome as Barcelona beat Manchester United 2-0.

In doing so he became only the second player, after Raul, to score in two Champions League finals because Eto'o was also on target in Barcelona's 2-1 victory against Arsenal in 2006.

Already this summer City have signed striker Roque Santa Cruz from Blackburn for £18m and Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry for £12m.

And it is believed City are also chasing Manchester United forward Carlos Tevez, who is soon to be out of contract, and Everton defender Joleon Lescott.

Espanyol have also confirmed that City are keen to sign their 16-year-old midfielder Joan Angel Roman.

It's the all new singing and dancing show perhaps.

If it starts with a chorus line of 36 long-legged-ladies stay tuned.

If not it's same rubbish served up a different way - I think my Gran called it "Bubble & Squeak"......... :)

Typical City. They say the website is being launched at 9:00am today. It's now almost 11:00am and still not up and running.

Instead of being precise about the time and then being late, why didn't they just put "coming soon" or "launching today". :)

Typical City. They say the website is being launched at 9:00am today. It's now almost 11:00am and still not up and running.

Instead of being precise about the time and then being late, why didn't they just put "coming soon" or "launching today". :)

surely they're waiting for eto'o to be confirmed before launching it up there BJ? :D

surely they're waiting for eto'o to be confirmed before launching it up there BJ? :D

could be stevie, could be :D

Just tried it again and it looks like they took my advise. It now says launches today 1st July :D Fekkin idjits

I've found out why the website is fcuked. At the end of this report from sky (in Red)

Santa Cruz wants Tevez & Eto'o

Roque Santa Cruz insists he would welcome the signings of Carlos Tevez and Samuel Eto'o, but has warned the pair he will not be giving up his place in Manchester City's front-line.

Mark Hughes finally landed his man this summer when he returned to Blackburn to sign the Paraguayan in an £18million deal.

Santa Cruz is expected to be the focal point of City's attack next season but with offers reportedly on the table for high-profile pair Tevez and Eto'o, competition could be fierce for a starting spot.

The 27-year-old has encouraged his new paymasters to continue with their free-spending plans, firmly of the opinion he will be good enough to cement his spot in Hughes' starting XI - regardless of who comes in.

"I'm working hard with the physios trying to make sure I am ready in time for the new season," he told The Sun.

"I'd be happy if we signed Tevez and Eto'o.

"Tevez is a fantastic player - if he does come it will be such a great thing for the team because of the kind of player he is.

"He's a very hard worker, he does everything for the team and only wants to look good as long as the team is successful. If we get him it will be a big point in our favour.

"He is just the type of player the boss Mark Hughes likes - hard working with plenty of skills.

"It's the same with Eto'o. He's shown his quality at Barcelona.

"He scored in the Champions League final against United so there is no need for me to talk about how good he is."

While attention has been focused on Hughes' squad building this summer, City's Abu Dhabi-based backers are eager to take advantage of the expected explosion of interest in the Eastlands outfit.

Endemol Sport, the group responsible for Big Brother, has signed a "multi-year" deal with City for a major website launch on Wednesday, that will include a site in Arabic, and to develop TV ideas. :)

From skysports:-

City release quartet

Mills, Vassell, Hamann and Ball leave Eastlands

Manchester City have confirmed that Danny Mills, Darius Vassell, Dietmar Hamann and Michael Ball have all been released.

The quartet were not offered new contracts by manager Mark Hughes after falling down the pecking order at Eastlands and are now free to take up other offers.

Mills has not been part of the first-team for more than 12 months, while last season Vassell and Hamann both struggled for fitness.

Michael Ball was a regular for the start of the last campaign, but the former Everton player lost his place following the arrival of Wayne Bridge.

Vassell has been linked with a move to Turkey and is holding talks with Ankaragucu ahead of possible switch to the Super Lig side.