Manchester City

mrbojangles

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-21043926

You'd think earning all the money these guys do, they could afford a personal assistant to be doing things like going through their post and translating words like Constabulary.

Or perhaps they just don't give a shit about this sort of stuff... drive round on a provisional license for however many years, and then just deny they were driving when they get caught... fame and money seems to create the illusion of not having to live by the same laws as everyone else... or perhaps it's not an illusion...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...hester-21043926

You'd think earning all the money these guys do, they could afford a personal assistant to be doing things like going through their post and translating words like Constabulary.

Or perhaps they just don't give a shit about this sort of stuff... drive round on a provisional license for however many years, and then just deny they were driving when they get caught... fame and money seems to create the illusion of not having to live by the same laws as everyone else... or perhaps it's not an illusion...

it's not an illusion. you not remember the stories about that player liaison officer fulham employed?

"Last April a Fulham player liaison officer told the papers about some of his tasks. He said he'd been called out to Alain Goma's house because 'Goma's goldfish was swimming in the wrong direction'. He'd been called to rescue a player lost on the London Underground ('he was helpless'). He'd been called out by Fabrice Fernandes who kept waking up in the morning with a wet head, and discovered the player had been 'sleeping by an open window'."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...hester-21043926

it's not an illusion. you not remember the stories about that player liaison officer fulham employed?

"Last April a Fulham player liaison officer told the papers about some of his tasks. He said he'd been called out to Alain Goma's house because 'Goma's goldfish was swimming in the wrong direction'. He'd been called to rescue a player lost on the London Underground ('he was helpless'). He'd been called out by Fabrice Fernandes who kept waking up in the morning with a wet head, and discovered the player had been 'sleeping by an open window'."

biggrin.png I don't remember that story. Classic.

These guys certainly doing all they can to keep up the stereotyping that footballers are "subjected" to.

Please, no ! Please go to Chelsea. They are a perfect fit. bah.gif

I think it's time you started accepting your fate mate. Mourinho and City are a match made in heaven. City have got the money, Mourinho knows how to use it. City will let him take centre stage, Mourinho's ego will get sufficient stroking.

Anyway, look on the bright side, short term, he will win you stuff. Plus, he's better than what you've got right now.

I think it's time you started accepting your fate mate. Mourinho and City are a match made in heaven. City have got the money, Mourinho knows how to use it. City will let him take centre stage, Mourinho's ego will get sufficient stroking.

Anyway, look on the bright side, short term, he will win you stuff. Plus, he's better than what you've got right now.

I agree so really all that remains is to see who takes the poison chalice in west London?

Seems we were all dead on about Pep's destination. I hope y'all are just as right about Mourinho's.thumbsup.gif

Seems we were all dead on about Pep's destination. I hope y'all are just as right about Mourinho's.thumbsup.gif

We ?

Don't recall making any prediction regards Pep, apart from saying that between him and Mourinho, Mourinho was the much more likely of the two to move to City.

Who do you want anyway?

We ?

Don't recall making any prediction regards Pep, apart from saying that between him and Mourinho, Mourinho was the much more likely of the two to move to City.

Who do you want anyway?

Nearly anybody other than the special one. The thought of him at City makes me nauseated.

I will say that he might have the best sneer ever.

We ?

Who do you want anyway?

Nearly anybody other than the special one. The thought of him at City makes me nauseated.

I will say that he might have the best sneer ever.

At least he is entertaining that Mancini is depressing and really needs to smile a little.Dull blue <deleted>.

Pep is spending his year off with his family in New York City so I would assume he has a good command of the language and may even be taking advanced lessons to improve or just improving by using English every day in his daily life.

So, how will that help him in Manchester? biggrin.png

Pep is spending his year off with his family in New York City so I would assume he has a good command of the language and may even be taking advanced lessons to improve or just improving by using English every day in his daily life.

You're assuming Citeh will make the last 16 next season.

Or they will still be in the third pot? :lol:

You're assuming Citeh will make the last 16 next season.

Or they will still be in the third pot? laugh.png

What pot will your lot be in smokes whistling.gif

Carlos Tevez has revealed that he intends to head back to Argentina in 2014, rather than pen a new contract at Manchester City.

City had been hoping that Tevez would agree to extend his stay at the Etihad Stadium, with a troubled past put to one side during contract negotiations.

Tevez has, however, snubbed the offer of a new two-year contract.

He will see out his current deal, which has 18 months left to run, but admits that he will then look to head home and link up with Boca Juniors for a second time.

Tevez said: "I've got a year left on my contract at Manchester City and they want me to sign for two more seasons.

"I would prefer to return home, but it is very difficult because City won't let me leave for nothing.

"I will stay in Europe for another two years and then go back.

"Boca's president always says the door is open for me to re-join them and I am dying to pull on their shirt once more. I want to end my career with them. It is my dream and the dream of my family as well.

"But I am under contract and have to be here in England."

Retirement

Tevez has also revealed that he came closing to quitting the game last year during his now infamous spat with City boss Roberto Mancini - which led to him going AWOL.

He added: "I almost retired last year. I had lost the desire to play and spent time crying alone in my room.

"Bad things happened one after the other. I was knocked out of the Copa America with Argentina and I had my dispute with Roberto Mancini.

"I suffered psychologically. I did not want anything to do with football.

"I am much better now. I am winning people over because I began the new season well."

It is not as bad as the Samaritans on the Spurs thread biggrin.png Carlos seems homesick doesn't he...the bit i thought was telling is how he says "i am winning people over now" because he started the season well!! i think he has been pretty average over the last few months though and the way it is going only Aguero when fit and super sub Dzecko will be around next year.

Tevez has basically said he doesn't want to be there now so his heart is defo not in it anymore.

He added: "I almost retired last year. I had lost the desire to play and spent time crying alone in my room.

Don't you just hate the softy players who cry.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-United-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-has-toned-down-his-hairdryer-Bryan-Robson-never-used-to-cry-in-the-dressing-room-but-modern-footballers-do-article631193.html

Fergie: Bryan Robson never used to cry in the dressing room, but modern footballers do

Sir Alex Ferguson admits he has had to turn down his hairdryer because it was making his Manchester United stars cry.

Fergie's dressing room blasts are legendary and he has peeled the paint off many a wall with his outbursts.

He claims former United hard men like Bryan Robson, Peter Schmeichel and Roy Keane could take his ear-bashings.

But he says he has to handle his current crop of players with kid gloves by comparison because they are not as tough. Ferguson, who turns 69 next month, admits he has had to mellow to deal with today's players, with their earrings and tattoos, and sounded nostalgic for warriors like Robson. "I've mellowed a great deal," he said. "The world has changed and so have players' attitudes.

"Some players cry now in the dressing room and someone like Bryan Robson never used to cry. "I'm dealing with more fragile human beings than I used to be. They are cocooned by modern parents, agents, even their own image at times. "Young people today have an image of themselves and they need to be seen, so they have these tattoos and earrings. It's a different world for me so I have had to adapt. "There is nothing wrong with losing your temper if it's for the right reasons. But I never leave it till the next day. I don't believe in that. "Some managers wait till Monday when they say things are calmer, but I want to let it go after the game because I'm already planning for the next one. Once I let it go, it's finished and I don't bring it up again."

Nothing wrong with crying is there ...i think you missed the point mate.

Are you sure I did? Or is it because I posted that article on Fergie, that you now state that. wink.png You only ever post in here when you are trying to take the Mickey Red, so I am sure you will understand my scepticism.

A "thank you" would be apprieated !!!!

Yeah an ungrateful lot. If they had loaned us Aguero at the beginning of the month we'd have beaten them an all....

Blimey chaps. Give us chance will ya, I've only just got up and logged in.

Thank you very much wai.gif

But you should have got all 3 points tongue.png

A "thank you" would be apprieated !!!!

Yeah an ungrateful lot. If they had loaned us Aguero at the beginning of the month we'd have beaten them an all....

Blimey chaps. Give us chance will ya, I've only just got up and logged in.

Thank you very much wai.gif

But you should have got all 3 points tongue.png

So...Aguero for £5m and a plate of pie n mash then? rolleyes.gif