Manchester City

mrbojangles

sumrit, let's be a touch genial and a little more 'today' and say man city 'live' in 'SOCIAL HOUSING' cheesy.gif ' Hardly seems appropriate for the monied middle eastern boys does it !!!! coming to the uk,,,,,, BLAH BLAH BLAH clap2.gif

Didn't you lot appeal and whinge and moan for ever and a day after not getting the Olympic Stadium. cheesy.gif Pot, kettle.

Did I?, don't think so, in fact i was always against the move,

but as for the club, the difference is spurs don't 'live' in socially funded housing and you do wai.gif

whats this, a rather sad attempt at appearing to adhering to the principles of FFP

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8787088/Manchester-City-refuse-to-meet-54m-buy-out-clause-for-Edinson-Cavani-say-Napoli

mean while back in the real world, iso makes his mind up to sanction or not a 20? mil plus move to city !!!!!!!!!clap2.gif what will that take your 'self funding' cheesy.gif close season transfer spending up to? 65mil clap2.gif

We refuse to pay 54 million for Cavani.... nothing to do with FPP. Nothing to do with us not being able to afford him. Rather to do with the fact that they believe he is overpriced, not value for money, and Pellegrini has gone on record as saying he feels Dzeko will fit in more with the style of football

If your worried about buying players who are overpriced then why buy the Brazilian 40.gif

So with Dzeko playing what will be the style of football ?

This is no laughing matter Alfie. Since City have made their incredibly bold stance of not wanting to pay over the odds for Cavaniermm.giflaugh.png i find myself thinking back to the signing of 28 year old Fernandinho for 30m. btw, he's playing five times for Brazil in two and a half yearswink.png

By this reckoning we'll have to spend about 60m for the signature of Paulinho.

Funny but i've already got Cavani pencilled in to go to City for the asking price because the owners are just a load of hypocrites with too much money to throw around and its this lot and their like thats ruining our sport.

Won't be paying over the odds for players eh? Why break a habit of the last three years?

This is no laughing matter Alfie. Since City have made their incredibly bold stance of not wanting to pay over the odds for Cavaniermm.giflaugh.png i find myself thinking back to the signing of 28 year old Fernandinho for 30m. btw, he's playing five times for Brazil in two and a half yearswink.png

Funny but i've already got Cavani pencilled in to go to City for the asking price because the owners are just a load of hypocrites with too much money to throw around and its this lot and their like thats ruining our sport.

Won't be paying over the odds for players eh? Why break a habit of the last three years?

There' over the odd's and there's over, over the odds.

There' over the odd's and there's over, over the odds. and then there's Man C's prices.

When they're negotiating they must think Thaksin's still in charge and they're talking Baht. smile.png

There' over the odd's and there's over, over the odds. and then there's Man C's prices.

When they're negotiating they must think Thaksin's still in charge and they're talking Baht. smile.png

To date, we haven't broken any transfer records but United have. Selective memory again eh !!

I got to tell you, I'm really on the edge of my seat reading all this fascinating information about money. Perhaps I should forego this thread given the level of my excitement, and switch over to Forbes, Bloomberg, or read something about that phenomenal "seer" Donald Trump.facepalm.gif

Bring on mid August !!thumbsup.gif

I got to tell you, I'm really on the edge of my seat reading all this fascinating information about money. Perhaps I should forego this thread given the level of my excitement, and switch over to Forbes, Bloomberg, or read something about that phenomenal "seer" Donald Trump.facepalm.gif

Don't be silly and stay where you are. Your owners have more dosh than that lot put together.

How on earth are you going to cope when City buy Cavani for whatever sum Napoli plucked out of thin air? i can't wait to see how much you will be paying your new batch of mercsbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Don't be silly and stay where you are. Your owners have more dosh than that lot put together.

How on earth are you going to cope when City buy Cavani for whatever sum Napoli plucked out of thin air? i can't wait to see how much you will be paying your new batch of mercsbiggrin.png

I'll be pleased if they buy Cavani, though I don't think they will.

Mercenaries ? What makes footballers any more mercenary than any other participants in our grand capitalist system ? Making hay while the sun shines it seems to me. thumbsup.gif

But Carms, we have to think about FFP. We can't go spending willy, nilly you know tongue.png

I have said all along, we will get Isco, Real will buy Cavani.

Pellegrini has already said he fancies Dzeko.

To answer Alfies question re our style of play this year. I see a lot more width being created, hence more crosses coming in, and Pellegrini reckons Dzeko is the man who will suit that type of play

sumrit, let's be a touch genial and a little more 'today' and say man city 'live' in 'SOCIAL HOUSING' cheesy.gif ' Hardly seems appropriate for the monied middle eastern boys does it !!!! coming to the uk,,,,,, BLAH BLAH BLAH clap2.gif

Didn't you lot appeal and whinge and moan for ever and a day after not getting the Olympic Stadium. cheesy.gif Pot, kettle.

Did I?, don't think so, in fact i was always against the move,

but as for the club, the difference is spurs don't 'live' in socially funded housing and you do wai.gif

whats this, a rather sad attempt at appearing to adhering to the principles of FFP

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8787088/Manchester-City-refuse-to-meet-54m-buy-out-clause-for-Edinson-Cavani-say-Napoli

mean while back in the real world, iso makes his mind up to sanction or not a 20? mil plus move to city !!!!!!!!!clap2.gif what will that take your 'self funding' cheesy.gif close season transfer spending up to? 65mil clap2.gif

Just wondering what you think a club in our position should do?

Let Arsenal, Chelsea and United strengthen their squad, and for us to stay where we are and start to drop back again?

Thats the reason your team has stagnated and will not progress any further, because your guys at the helm will not put their hands in their pockets.

With you I guess its down to pure jealousy. Keep going on and on about us spending.

We refuse to pay 54 million for Cavani.... nothing to do with FPP. Nothing to do with us not being able to afford him. Rather to do with the fact that they believe he is overpriced, not value for money, and Pellegrini has gone on record as saying he feels Dzeko will fit in more with the style of football we are likely to be playing.

Isco is a player we have been after for a while. Having seen him several times, 20-30 million is a steal.

Finally your getting your Numbskull around it and admitting/realising it, the man city transfer policy ISNT about ffp, its ALL about IF we want it we buy it. clap2.gif Oh and the pompous opening question 'what do you think a club in our position should do? ans, spend what it earns, or at least try to make some visable attempt at working within the ffp rules. and trivializing good business practice, about shows where your heads currently @ 'up your arse cheesy.gif

I'll be pleased if they buy Cavani, though I don't think they will.

Mercenaries ? What makes footballers any more mercenary than any other participants in our grand capitalist system ? Making hay while the sun shines it seems to me. thumbsup.gif

Do they really need that much hay? While true fans are unable to afford tickets

To date, we haven't broken any transfer records but United have. Selective memory again eh !!

No, not selective memory at all. Of course we've broken the transfer record in the past............both when buying and selling, although, unlike some, we haven't needed to pay record wages to entice those players to come to us. And we've also used our own hard earned money, generated by our continual success, to pay the transfer fees.

• Like 1

No, not selective memory at all. Of course we've broken the transfer record in the past.............

So why get on our backs because we can now buy players.

Just admit it Sumrit. You were fine when we couldn't afford to compete with you but because we are now competing with you, you're worried. All that spiel about your "hard earned money" is absolute garbage in todays business world. Sit on your laurels and cry in your cornflakes and you go out of business, because the competition doesn't give a hoot about it.

• Like 2

No, not selective memory at all. Of course we've broken the transfer record in the past.............

Just admit it Sumrit. You were fine when we couldn't afford to compete with you

Mrboj, there's nothing to admit. Your club 'suddenly having money' doesn't worry me at all.

Can I just remind you again that throughout 1990's, while we were winning five premiership titles in the EPL's first seven years and you were winning nothing, Man C actually spent more money on transfers than we did. So don't give me all that crap about not being able to afford to compete. That's what's absolute garbage. You just bought the wrong players.

We only started spending more from 1999 onward, after our continual success greatly increased our revenue and we could afford to do so.

And, of course, throughout that time we were also spending our hard earned profits transforming Old Trafford while you just waited for your first sugar daddy, Manchester City Council, to supply you with a brand new and ready built stadium.

So am I worried about you getting another sugar daddy? Not at all mrboj, not at all.

I'm always intrigued by how much people suddenly know about potential / actual signings from teams like Corinthians, Penedense Panthers, Montevideo Wanderers et al. " he's a good player, just what we need, likes to bring the ball forward, good strong tackler" etc.

Truth is, they never heard of the player until his name was linked with the club. biggrin.png

You've been reading the Man Utd (we've never signed a bad player ) thread too much ups !

Edited by alfieconn

Mrboj, there's nothing to admit. Your club 'suddenly having money' doesn't worry me at all.

Can I just remind you again that throughout 1990's, while we were winning five premiership titles in the EPL's first seven years and you were winning nothing, Man C actually spent more money on transfers than we did. So don't give me all that crap about not being able to afford to compete. That's what's absolute garbage. You just bought the wrong players.

We only started spending more from 1999 onward, after our continual success greatly increased our revenue and we could afford to do so.

And, of course, throughout that time we were also spending our hard earned profits transforming Old Trafford while you just waited for your first sugar daddy, Manchester City Council, to supply you with a brand new and ready built stadium.

So am I worried about you getting another sugar daddy? Not at all mrboj, not at all.

So if you are not worried, what do you keep piping on about??

Its either you with your arrogance about how great United are, else rijiit going on like some retarded chancellor of the exchequer.

.Both acting like a couple of nobs.rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Again, selective memory along with the arrogance.

1991, Bryan Robson

1995 Andy Cole.

Both transfer records at the time

• Like 2

I'm always intrigued by how much people suddenly know about potential / actual signings from teams like Corinthians, Penedense Panthers, Montevideo Wanderers et al. " he's a good player, just what we need, likes to bring the ball forward, good strong tackler" etc.

Truth is, they never heard of the player until his name was linked with the club. biggrin.png

of course you could watch the confederations cup. You could also watch international football and you would see for example what a very good player Paulinho is. Also, If you are interested in whats going on in south american football you could also read Tim Vickery's blogs and you will be permanently up to datethumbsup.gif

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Again, selective memory along with the arrogance.

1991, Bryan Robson

1995 Andy Cole.

Both transfer records at the time

Of course they were record signings. I've never said they weren't.

Read and quote ALL of what I said.

Can I just remind you again that throughout 1990's, while we were winning five premiership titles in the EPL's first seven years and you were winning nothing, Man C actually spent more money on transfers than we did. So don't give me all that crap about not being able to afford to compete. That's what's absolute garbage. You just bought the wrong players

In case that's not clear enough I try again.

YEAR ON YEAR up to and including 1998 Man C spent more money in the transfer market than Man U did, both gross and net. Now we might have made a record signing of a top quality player while you spent money on several average players but you spent more money collectively on the players you signed than we did.

For example, in 1994 you spent £8,200,000 on seven players while in 1995 we spent £8,250,000 on two, Andy Cole and David May. I would suggest history proves we got the better deal.

I've lost my old link on transfers prior to the start of the EPL so these totals go from 1992 to 1998, not 1990, although from memory figures for the first two years followed a similar pattern.

Man C Man U

GROSS SPENT £32,830,000 £29,300,000

ON PLAYERS

GROSS INCOME £20,760,000 £34,340,000

FROM SALES

NET SPEND £12,070,000 -£5,,040,000

So not only did Man U spend over £3.5m less than Man C for that period they also recouped far more in sales meaning in total Man C's transfer budget was £17,110,000 more than Man U's.

As I said previously, Man U did start spending more from 1999, once our continued success was established and we had far more revenue available (which was all earned). Although Man C still continued to spend a fair bit as well.

The point of all this being that mrbojangles said:

Just admit it Sumrit. You were fine when we couldn't afford to compete with you but because we are now competing with you, you're worried

I was just stating that during those initial years, prior to which both clubs were mediocre, when Man U were establishing themselves as the best team in England, far from not being able to afford to compete, Man C actually had far more money available, and spent it!!!! Financially, during the 1990's, you had as much opportunity to establish yourselves as 'the best' as Man U did. You just had the wrong manager(s), the wrong system and bought the wrong players.

Don's blame Man U for your clubs bad management !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And don't blame Man U for spending their own money that they've worked hard to earn. After all now you've got some yourselves you're spending far, far more.................and it's not even your money.

If you and mrboj can't accept the facts then it's your memory that's selective, not mine.

Individual years here.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/manchester-city-transfers.html

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/manchester-united-transfers.html

Ofcourse you could add to those record signings the 30m for Rio Ferdinand, 28m for veron, and these at a time when that was astronomical for a transfer fee. carrying on, more recently 30m for Rooney, 30m for Berbatov etc etc etc

Edited by carmine

I can tell by the language you are having to resort to, you are on the ropes. I can also sense your frustration, as you are bashing each and every letter on your keyboard with your knuckles.

Boring twaddle from sumrit. facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Agreed mate so why don't you spice it up a bit and tell us about City's new frugal policy in their transfer dealing. You can start with fernandinho.laugh.png

and another thing JellyD, i'm still not happy about that argentine dwarf driving around without a licensesmile.png

Agreed mate so why don't you spice it up a bit and tell us about City's new frugal policy in their transfer dealing. You can start with fernandinho.laugh.png

and another thing JellyD, i'm still not happy about that argentine dwarf driving around without a licensesmile.png

Hey Carms. Why am I having to clean up after you? Nearly every post has a double quote in it. I know it was happening before but I think it's been sorted and it only seems to be your posts that are now double quoting. This is weird.

Our new frugal policy is that we only buy what we can afford. And to meet FFP of course biggrin.png