Manchester City

mrbojangles

Kompany definitely out, but maybe back before October, which was a concern.

I heard he might be ok to play against Plzen on Tuesday. Fingers crossed on that one.

My concern is that he'll come back too soon and risk re-injury. He's too tough for his own good sometimes.

I think that's why they won't risk him today jelly

They are always tough games at Stoke.

Personally I would play Rodwell at CB today. He has played there b4 for Everton. And he can play on the right side which would allow us balance. Lescott and Nastasic doesnt work in my opinion. Stoke are perhaps the only opponents that I would perhaps favour Lescott over Nastasic. So Lescott and Rodwell at the back for me. I suspect he may give Jovetic a start with Silva being injured.

I hope he starts Negredo in front of Dzeko. Negredo only played 20 minutes or so in Spain on Tuesday, so he shouldnt be too tired, and he has looked a revelation every time he has come on for City.

My concern is that he'll come back too soon and risk re-injury. He's too tough for his own good sometimes.

Personally I would play Rodwell at CB today. He has played there b4 for Everton. And he can play on the right side which would allow us balance. Lescott and Nastasic doesnt work in my opinion. Stoke are perhaps the only opponents that I would perhaps favour Lescott over Nastasic. So Lescott and Rodwell at the back for me. I suspect he may give Jovetic a start with Silva being injured.

I hope he starts Negredo in front of Dzeko. Negredo only played 20 minutes or so in Spain on Tuesday, so he shouldnt be too tired, and he has looked a revelation every time he has come on for City.

Yeah I'd go along with that strategy for at the back jack. I also hope Negrado gets a start just wish it wasn't Dzecko who was getting the constant starts.

Yeah I'd go along with that strategy for at the back jack. I also hope Negrado gets a start just wish it wasn't Dzecko who was getting the constant starts.

Garcia at CB!!!

Accident waiting to happen!!!

Hope I am wrong, but MP has at least 3 or 4 other options before putting Garcia there!!

Crazy!!

Painful to watch. Ragged play. Hopefully we can pick up three points and move on. Please get well Silva and Kompany.

I certainly hope Jovetic has got it in him to boot the ball a little harder than he's shown. He looks anemic.

Painful to watch. Ragged play. Hopefully we can pick up three points and move on. Please get well Silva and Kompany.

I certainly hope Jovetic has got it in him to boot the ball a little harder than he's shown. He looks anemic.

Shambolic defending. How we have got away with conceding no goals in the last 2 games is down to a huge chunk of luck, and the fact that Hull and Stoke are just poor teams.

We are playing with no fluidity right now.

I dont like criticising our manager with only a few games gone. He is a nice guy. But you dont get points for being a nice guy. I am trying to see what positive changes and differences to our game, he has brought? I have been completely underwhelmed by him so far.

There is no excuse whatsoever for playing Garcia at CB. He could have played Boyata. He could have played Rodwell, he could have played Lescott. He could have even played Yaya there and had Garcia in midfield. Any of the above would have been better than Garcia at CB. Why can Pellegrini not see that Garcia cannot play CB in the premiership?

My patience is done with Nasri, now. He does not deserve the shirt.

• Like 1

Difficult team to play Stoke but we just weren't good enough, plain and simple. Don't know why he rested Aguero and Navas just cos we have a mid week game. United played RVP and Rooney.

The best was seeing that thug Huth sparked out. Bit of his own medicine.

Not good enough is right MrB. Very ragged display and we know that Nasri can't replace Silva. But then we already knew that. I guess this was Pellegrini's attempt to rotate what with some players coming back from international play and the CL up soon. Thank god for Nastasic or we would have dropped three points for sure.

One good thing we learned is that Negredo will give as good as he gets. He took some shots early and after that he was the one dealing out punishment.

Shambolic defending. How we have got away with conceding no goals in the last 2 games is down to a huge chunk of luck, and the fact that Hull and Stoke are just poor teams.

I dont like criticising our manager with only a few games gone. He is a nice guy. But you dont get points for being a nice guy. I am trying to see what positive changes and differences to our game, he has brought? I have been completely underwhelmed by him so far.

There is no excuse whatsoever for playing Garcia at CB. He could have played Boyata. He could have played Rodwell, he could have played Lescott. He could have even played Yaya there and had Garcia in midfield. Any of the above would have been better than Garcia at CB. Why can Pellegrini not see that Garcia cannot play CB in the premiership?

Couldn't agree more about Garcia Jack. He's horrible and just can't play as a CB. Maybe Pellegrini was saving Lescott for Tuesday night ? I don't know.

Also concur about Nasri.

The only answer I have for the poor start involves the injuries and the players not having enough time to learn Pellegrini's system, and each other. That reasoning will only last so long though.

Difficult team to play Stoke but we just weren't good enough, plain and simple. Don't know why he rested Aguero and Navas just cos we have a mid week game. United played RVP and Rooney.

Not good enough is right MrB. Very ragged display and we know that Nasri can't replace Silva. But then we already knew that. I guess this was Pellegrini's attempt to rotate what with some players coming back from international play and the CL up soon. Thank god for Nastasic or we would have dropped three points for sure.

One good thing we learned is that Negredo will give as good as he gets. He took some shots early and after that he was the one dealing out punishment.

And we know that Milner will never replace Silva, but at least he puts a shift in!!

Nasri is just a showboating, lazy tw@t.

I agree about Negredo. Proper centre forward. He will have success, I am sure.

Aguero was injured in the warm up according to my commentary (Richard Keys).

Aguero was injured in the warm up according to my commentary (Richard Keys).

But he came on at the 70 minutes point. The commentary during the match was in Indian for me. blink.png

Always rated him and a great professional to boot.

Good luck today guys biggrin.png

Mark Hughes will hoping they can spoil the game that's for sure.

The sooner these failed Rugby players are out of the prem the better for us all.

AS U KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALLMmARK hUGHES HAS CHANGED THE STYLE.

Check it out then dont come out with total bullshit mr mod

Edited by somtampet

At least he got up,no like your mamby pambies,ouch,then dive everytime,u little girlies

Bigger hearts and a will to win beats your 100,s of millions,prima donas the lot of em.Arrogance comes into the equation too,a bit like u to be honest,u have no rights to walk on the pitch expecting to win

The sooner these failed Rugby players are out of the prem the better for us all.

Why bring "mr mod" into the topic. I have just as much right to my opinion as do you.

Edited by mrbojangles
  • Like 1

Why bring "mr mod" into the topic. I have just a valid opinion as do you. An

iT WAS QUICKER TO TYPE THAN YOUR LONG NAME.

Most pundits said how well Stoke played,and have said it all season,the team is evolving,long live Tony Pullis,now we have a new manager who seems to be getting the best out of players.U also mentione,wrongly,implying we are dirty,Arsenal have always had more yellow and red than Stoke,u know Arsenal,the carpet football genuises

At least he got up,no like your mamby pambies,ouch,then dive everytime,u little girlies

I can tell by the anger in your post that you too like the Rugby style. But prey tell, which of our "namby pampies" didn't get up after being constantly kicked from behind.

I can tell by the anger in your post that you too like the Rugby style. But prey tell, which of our "namby pampies" didn't get up after being constantly kicked from behind.

Now thats pathetic,we outplayed u at times,by keeping the ball,against a billion pound team.U should worry about the heart in your team. I even here excuses about injuries and international duty,we have had many players on international duty too,so many excuses.The bottom line is u have squandered so much oney on players who have no heart,and if u knew about football u could see that during the game.Most people i talk to,saw it too,the heart of a mouse, i bet u wish u had Shawcross and HUTH IN THE CENTRE OF YOUR DEFENCE,YOUS WAS CONFERENCE LEAGUE STANDARD

• Like 1

Now thats pathetic,we outplayed u at times,by keeping the ball,against a billion pound team.U should worry about the heart in your team. I even here excuses about injuries and international duty,we have had many players on international duty too,so many excuses.The bottom line is u have squandered so much oney on players who have no heart,and if u knew about football u could see that during the game.Most people i talk to,saw it too,the heart of a mouse, i bet u wish u had Shawcross and HUTH IN THE CENTRE OF YOUR DEFENCE,YOUS WAS CONFERENCE LEAGUE STANDARD

Is this Rijit's cousin ?tongue.png What a charming fellow.

• Like 2

Is this Rijit's cousin ?tongue.png What a charming fellow.

I am guessing it is someone who has been on a bender, and when he wakes up in about 14 hours, will be asking himself why he wrote what he wrote.laugh.png

• Like 1

I was processing City's poor recent form with a good friend, who is a Gooner, and IMHO a very bright football fan. It is his opinion that both City and Chelsea have a surplus of players, new managers, and as such are not playing up to their potential. I'd say there must be some truth in that, and the injury situation at City has definitely not helped.

It also hasn't helped that apparently Pellegrini was looking at things eyes wide shut when he elected to give Dzeko and Nasri major roles early on. He should have consulted with the Thaivisa City contingent beforehand.thumbsup.gif

I was processing City's poor recent form with a good friend, who is a Gooner, and IMHO a very bright football fan. It is his opinion that both City and Chelsea have a surplus of players, new managers, and as such are not playing up to their potential. I'd say there must be some truth in that, and the injury situation at City has definitely not helped.

It also hasn't helped that apparently Pellegrini was looking at things eyes wide shut when he elected to give Dzeko and Nasri major roles early on. He should have consulted with the Thaivisa City contingent beforehand.thumbsup.gif

There is some truth in that jelly.

Basically, IMO it boils down to:-

(1) having injuries in key positions

(2) new players coming in (then some getting injured as well) and not having time to gel

(3) new manager and coaching staff having time to get to know the strengths and weaknesses of the players whoi are still fit. Therefore, not knowing how best to reorganise.

I think Pellegrini has been unfortunate with the injuries but once he gets to know the squad and the key players come back, I'm sure he'll sort it.

One thing about yesterday was Yaya's total reluctance to venture up the park and I put that down to his lack of confidence in Garcia being able to do a job. I think he felt he just had to sit deep in case he needed to help out.

There is some truth in that jelly.

Basically, IMO it boils down to:-

(1) having injuries in key positions

(2) new players coming in (then some getting injured as well) and not having time to gel

(3) new manager and coaching staff having time to get to know the strengths and weaknesses of the players whoi are still fit. Therefore, not knowing how best to reorganise.

I think Pellegrini has been unfortunate with the injuries but once he gets to know the squad and the key players come back, I'm sure he'll sort it.

One thing about yesterday was Yaya's total reluctance to venture up the park and I put that down to his lack of confidence in Garcia being able to do a job. I think he felt he just had to sit deep in case he needed to help out.

That all makes perfect sense MrB. I didn't consider your point about Yaya and Garcia, but seems logical. Poor Garcia. Just looking at his face during closeups and he is extremely stressed. He knows he is out of his element. Zabaleta was shaded in his direction as well with some nice work.