Manchester City

mrbojangles

Great game. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

City play football.

Would RVP have made a lot of difference?

Moyes?

Up to you. It's not rocket science.

RVP will always make a difference. He'll score from a half chance against the run of play and change the whole game dynamic. United are not a one man team but are very reliant on him. But then again, what team wouldn't be reliant to a degree on a world class player.

Obviously i didn't see the game but United's problem seem to lie more in tactics, game plan etc. This is after all the team that one the league by eleven points that has now made its worst start since 2004

Obviously i didn't see the game but United's problem seem to lie more in tactics, game plan etc. This is after all the team that one the league by eleven points that has now made its worst start since 2004

To be honest Carms we ripped their defence apart, albeit he didn't score, Negrado is a real handful and can set people up. Valencia was one of the United players who was absolutely absent. I'd be amazed if he gets another start.

One of the main duels was between Kompany and Rooney and Kompany won that hands down. The only time he let Rooney play was when he was taking a free kick and had to be 10 yards away from him. Great goal BTW from Rooney's free kick.

• Like 1

In addition to everything else positive, some of City's "second tier" players stood out. Great work form Nasri (can it continue ? Say it can !) and Kolarov. That was the best in control performance I've seen from Kolarov in a long time. Possibly interested in stealing some time from Clichy ?

All of this and we have no idea how good Jovetic might end up being.

Negredo will be a revelation. Tremendous work rate.

So great to have Kompany back.

It'll be a long season with the inevitable ups and downs, but easy to get a little giddy after that demolition of United.

kompany makes a massive difference to city.

united without ferguson, giggs and scholes just don't look like the scary prospect they always did. and their manager has absolutely no idea how to change a match other than lobbing fellaini further forward.

• Like 1

united without ferguson, giggs and scholes just don't look like the scary prospect they always did. and their manager has absolutely no idea how to change a match other than lobbing fellaini further forward.

He does. City are a totally different outfit with him in the side. His leadership qualities are vital to the team,plus the fact he's terrific defender. I thought United lacked bite in midfield and was surprised to see Cleverley on the bench. He's been playing well lately.

He does. City are a totally different outfit with him in the side. His leadership qualities are vital to the team,plus the fact he's terrific defender. I thought United lacked bite in midfield and was surprised to see Cleverley on the bench. He's been playing well lately.

Totally agree with you both. He gives confidence to the rest of the side that he's got his position covered and then they can concentrate on their bit. Unfortunately when he's out we have nobody to fill his boots and the likes of Yaya end up sitting deeper to try and cover. It's actually quite worrying that we depend on him so much.

Cheers Ian thumbsup.gif Shame non of the rags aren't sporting enough to pop in here and say the same. wink.png

Anyway, now that's outta the way. Our next game is tomorrow night in the League Cup against Wigan. What a joke, one day off. If the League want clubs to take this comp seriously they really need to sort out the scheduling. I really we treat the comp with the contempt it deserves and we field all of the kids.

Getting a bit excited for a third place team aintcha? tongue.png

How's Fernandinho doing then I wonder... .

Ah Smokes, Fernandinho is coming along. No mistakes and some very nice passes yesterday. Remains to be seen what his upside is.

It was difficult to assess his defensive skills yesterday as there wasn't much for him to do.whistling.gif

Yes, I'm excited. After some mediocre performances City looked like the team they were built to be. Halla <deleted> luyah.biggrin.png

Congrats to City. Very well played. We didn't really show up.

However, to all those writing the United team and the manger off... this was one game, and an away game at that too, at the very beginning of a long season. Plenty more twists and turns to come.

• Like 1

I was down Bangla road last night trying to watch the match but found it difficult with "g'day mate where ya from.? " and other obvious distractions but from I managed to gather City look like they will be, as I thought the team to beat this year. Can't believe how massive Kompany is to such a star studded team. My only question is from my hazy view I was pretty sure Nasri was playing like the lad that started for arsenal a few years back? Or was I just goggle eyed?

Some picks from some of the news papers:-

The Daily Mail’s Martin Samuel: “United were simply repelled by their rivals, shut up, dismissed, seen off. They pushed them deep, chased and harried them up the field. A few reputations will take some mending, not least Marouane Fellaini and Michael Carrick, who had looked so impressive at home against Bayer Leverkusen last week.

“This was another level of expectation entirely and they were found wanting. There were outstanding performers all over the field — but each one wore a blue shirt.

“Vincent Kompany was the best defender, Yaya Toure immense in the centre of midfield, Samir Nasri enjoyed one of his best performances for City, Jesus Navas terrified with his pace. As a forward partnership, Sergio Aguero and Alvaro Negredo were a perfect team — Aguero scoring two goals, Negredo tireless in support. “

The Guardian’s Neil Cox: “Both sides were not far off playing a simple 4-4-2, but whereas United were rigid and unimaginative throughout Nasri was the only player who varied his positioning intelligently. His role helped City in two respects. First, whereas the other wide midfielders stayed close to the touchlines, Nasri drifted inside to help City dominate the centre of the pitch.

“The strength of Yaya Touré and Fernandinho contributed to the home side's supremacy but Nasri always provided an obvious forward option, and when he received the ball his link-up play was quick, neat and unfussy – he misplaced only four of 47 passes.

The Daily Mirror’s Martin Lipton: “Of course, Roberto Mancini’s finest hour came at Old Trafford, 6-1, a key signpost on the title glory trail.

“In truth, though, that was somewhat misleading. United, down to 10 men, were picked off on the counter-attack, something of a freak score-line.

"This, though, was not misleading. This was annihilation. A massacre. A horror show that will haunt David Moyes for a long, long time. It was all over after 50 minutes, United were a rabble, Wayne Rooney the lone player in Moyes’ side who could hold his head high.”

• Like 1

I saw the game last night but I'm now sitting down to watch it again on the Manchester United program. This should be loads of fun.tongue.png

Should be a laugh listening too Paddy (i'm not bias) Crerland smile.png

"Where did it all go wrong Mr Moyes?"

Not sure RVP would have made a lot of difference tbh. City were all over United at the back.

There you go, Uniteds 12th man!!

The guy is a total Knob.. First 'tackle'. Yes it was a foul, but not a yellow. Lets see what he does when Fellaini makes his first 'tackle'!!

Fellaini? are you still waiting Jack!!

Looks like you payed off Howard.