Manchester City

mrbojangles

Heartbreaker. Does it get any worse than that ?sad.pngfacepalm.gif

I obviously ranted about Fernandinho prematurely. He was excellent tonight. Demichelis did fine for his debut and I'd expect he'll be paired with Nastasic until Kompany returns.

Agreed. I thought Demichelis was Citys best player yesterday. Solid and some excellent challenges and extremely confident when he has possession.

Second goal was totally Harts fault. It was a game I didnt think we deserved to lose, but thats the way the cookie crumbles sometime.

Bit surprised with Pellegrinis reaction at the end of the game, refusing to shake hands with Mourinho!ohmy.png

Pellegrini walked straight down the tunnel at the full-time whistle and revealed he refused to shake Mourinho's hand.

"I don't expect a different way to celebrate from him. It's normal," Pellegrini said. "No, I didn't shake [his] hand. I didn't want [to]."

Not the normal cool and calm Pellegrini!!

As Mjj knows i can't resist having a pop at Mourinho!! biggrin.png So here goes…dear old jose has made a number of unnecessary pops in Pellegrini's direction going back over the past three or four years. He's a nasty little sh1t and i don't blame you manager not shaking hands. Quite possible he wouldn't have done if you had won.

Didn't see the game but the stats suggest you may have deserved to win. Time for Joe Hart to take a time out. His confidence must be gone and i doubt your defenders are comfortable with a keeper so out of form

• Like 1

I obviously ranted about Fernandinho prematurely. He was excellent tonight. Demichelis did fine for his debut and I'd expect he'll be paired with Nastasic until Kompany returns.

Agreed. I thought Demichelis was Citys best player yesterday. Solid and some excellent challenges and extremely confident when he has possession.

Second goal was totally Harts fault. It was a game I didnt think we deserved to lose, but thats the way the cookie crumbles sometime.

Bit surprised with Pellegrinis reaction at the end of the game, refusing to shake hands with Mourinho!ohmy.png

Pellegrini walked straight down the tunnel at the full-time whistle and revealed he refused to shake Mourinho's hand.

"I don't expect a different way to celebrate from him. It's normal," Pellegrini said. "No, I didn't shake [his] hand. I didn't want [to]."

As Mjj knows i can't resist having a pop at Mourinho!! biggrin.png So here goes…dear old jose has made a number of unnecessary pops in Pellegrini's direction going back over the past three or four years. He's a nasty little sh1t and i don't blame you manager not shaking hands. Quite possible he wouldn't have done if you had won.

Didn't see the game but the stats suggest you may have deserved to win. Time for Joe Hart to take a time out. His confidence must be gone and i doubt your defenders are comfortable with a keeper so out of form

I know you dont like Mourinhobiggrin.png

Personally, I quite like him and we all know its mind games. I think he well and truly got under Pellegrinis skin and defo won the mind games.

As a City fan, I thought we deserved to win, we certainly didnt deserve to lose, and we were going for it, not shutting up shop at 1-1.

It was a decent game of football.

I know you dont like Mourinhobiggrin.png

Personally, I quite like him and we all know its mind games. I think he well and truly got under Pellegrinis skin and defo won the mind games.

As a City fan, I thought we deserved to win, we certainly didnt deserve to lose, and we were going for it, not shutting up shop at 1-1.

It was a decent game of football.

I'm quite sure it was better than the one i had to sit through! Come to think of it, its City /Spurs in three weeks isn't it!!!

It was because of the celebration for Chelsea's second goal. His kids have season seats behind the away dug out, apparently that's all he could get them. Apparently he wanted to celebrate with them. I think it was another message to Roman, "I will do this every week if you don't get my kids seats next to my dug out" You could understand that winding up Pellegrini no end.

Bladdy heck. Not football related but just turned the TV on and seen that Lou Reed has died. Legend.

Not on topic but fully agreed. I ran into Mr. Reed once in the bathroom of a Miami Beach Hotel lobby. Being drunk I asked "Lou, what the <deleted> are you doing here ?!" He responded with a shrug and went into the shitter. I think Lou had been contending with the consequences of his drug battle for many years. When I saw him that was a good 15 years ago or more, and he looked very small and frail then.

A horrible night for so many reasons. A kick in the teeth for City who had a point won and let it go. That's not a game you forget overnight. And then we have the resurgence of Torres who I had hoped was dead and buried. Nothing like adding a big lug in form striker for Chelsea and Mou.

On the positive, Demichelis, while far from perfect, was a vast improvement on Garcia. Fernandinho looked great. Aguero is still on fire. Pellegrini's strategy looked to have won City a point so I can't fault him. Plus, who other than some ill sycophant would really want to shake the hand of Jose Mourinho.

I fear for Hart. What in God's name was he doing storming out like that without the obvious communication with Nastasic ? His judgement has been going downhill for a while now. You've got to think that his head is a mess. Please let Kompany get back soon, be 100%, and not get hurt again.

No doubt I'm biased, but I thought that was a good game of football overall. Neither team was performing that well, but neither were settling for a draw either. Both teams looked dangerous when their strikers had the ball and it could have gone either way.

As for Mourinho...........gotta love him. :-)

No doubt I'm biased, but I thought that was a good game of football overall. Neither team was performing that well, but neither were settling for a draw either. Both teams looked dangerous when their strikers had the ball and it could have gone either way.

As for Mourinho...........gotta love him. :-)

Oh no you don't mate.

A horrible night for so many reasons. A kick in the teeth for City who had a point won and let it go. That's not a game you forget overnight. And then we have the resurgence of Torres who I had hoped was dead and buried. Nothing like adding a big lug in form striker for Chelsea and Mou.

On the positive, Demichelis, while far from perfect, was a vast improvement on Garcia. Fernandinho looked great. Aguero is still on fire. Pellegrini's strategy looked to have won City a point so I can't fault him. Plus, who other than some ill sycophant would really want to shake the hand of Jose Mourinho.

I fear for Hart. What in God's name was he doing storming out like that without the obvious communication with Nastasic ? His judgement has been going downhill for a while now. You've got to think that his head is a mess. Please let Kompany get back soon, be 100%, and not get hurt again.

is right. he might try and stick his finger in your eye for one thing, the shithouse.

hart's in big trouble, his confidence is utterly shot and his decision-making is awful. city miss kompany hugely but if your defence simply can't trust your goalkeeper you've got big problems.

is right. he might try and stick his finger in your eye for one thing, the shithouse.

hart's in big trouble, his confidence is utterly shot and his decision-making is awful. city miss kompany hugely but if your defence simply can't trust your goalkeeper you've got big problems.

Hart seems to have a bunch of ego but his judgement is increasingly poor. Confidence shot in some ways I suppose. And, over thinking in crucial situations. He looks as anxious as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Kompany's return would certainly help Hart, but I think his issues at this point are such that Kompany could only help to a certain degree. I'd bet Pellegrini has had enough and Hart will find himself second for a while. Can't really be any worse with Pantilimon. If City can't get comfortable at keeper than I'd expect some action in the next window. Valdez ? Iker ? Caballero ? Cesar ? I expect Valdez won't be available until the summer though.

Hart seems to have a bunch of ego but his judgement is increasingly poor. Confidence shot in some ways I suppose. And, over thinking in crucial situations. He looks as anxious as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Kompany's return would certainly help Hart, but I think his issues at this point are such that Kompany could only help to a certain degree. I'd bet Pellegrini has had enough and Hart will find himself second for a while. Can't really be any worse with Pantilimon. If City can't get comfortable at keeper than I'd expect some action in the next window. Valdez ? Iker ? Caballero ? Cesar ? I expect Valdez won't be available until the summer though.

valdes seems to be nailed on to move to monaco next summer. willy caballero does seem to be pellegrini's go-to keeper.

Doesn't matter how good any individual defender is, if they don't trust the keeper then you will be vulnerable.

I think hart will be dropped and if he isn't he's going to get peppered from all sides as a clearly defined weakness in your defense.

Time for one of you City lads to tell us a bit about your back up keeper

valdes seems to be nailed on to move to monaco next summer. willy caballero does seem to be pellegrini's go-to keeper.

Agreed about Valdez. Shame though as he is as good as it gets at the moment. I like Caballero, but while he is a beast in goal at times, at other times he throws in a clunker.

Doesn't matter how good any individual defender is, if they don't trust the keeper then you will be vulnerable.

I think hart will be dropped and if he isn't he's going to get peppered from all sides as a clearly defined weakness in your defense.

6'8" Romanian who has never seen much action for City outside Cup matches. Has been impressive at times. Goofy looking dude. That's the extent of my knowledge about him. I'm sure Mr. Boj and Jack know more than I do. I do see where he's on contract until 2016.

he's very, very tall. about twice the height of aguero in fact.

I think Hart maybe felt the pressure of being England keeper and he needs a rest to get his head straight.

Exactly my thought. There's no doubting his ability in my mind, but a time out for awhile might do wonders for him.

6'8" Romanian who has never seen much action for City outside Cup matches. Has been impressive at times. Goofy looking dude. That's the extent of my knowledge about him. I'm sure Mr. Boj and Jack know more than I do. I do see where he's on contract until 2016.

As he hasn't had much game time, there's not much else I know about him either. From seeing him in Cup games, he certainly doesn't ooze confidence but I suppose that is down to not getting game time.

I think Hart maybe felt the pressure of being England keeper and he needs a rest to get his head straight.

Yes you're right playing against world football powers San Marino, Moldova and Montenegro must be incredibly stressful.

Tsk Tsk people have such short memories. The goals he let in against Ukraine, Poland and Montenegro left England having to beat Poland to qualify - otherwise they'd be facing a play-off against France.

Agree that Hart needs to "miss" a few games. The big tall guy looked ok in his rare appearances. I felt sorry for Pellegrini. Disgusting carry on by Mourinho celebrating in front of the City bench.

Plenty of time to talk to his son after the game. He has not been the most gracious of losers in some past games.

I think it is the worst thing you could do is drop Joe Hart especially when the understudy is nowhere near as good.

Not the best time of the season to be giving the goalie a rest!

I tend to agree with you Red, unless of course the manager is confident that his replacement would be a better option right now.

I think it is the worst thing you could do is drop Joe Hart especially when the understudy is nowhere near as good.

Not the best time of the season to be giving the goalie a rest!

Why not? He's currently a liability. His current form will also unsettle the defense.

Are you also saying City have a number 2 keeper that is not to premier league standard?

• Like 1

I'm convinced Hart needs to sit for awhile. He's cost City, by a conservative estimate, at least six points this campaign. If I've ever seen a player who needs a break its Hart right now. If Pantilimon stinks at least Hart will be rested and maybe with a clearer head when he returns.coffee1.gif

I'm convinced Hart needs to sit for awhile. He's cost City, by a conservative estimate, at least six points this campaign. If I've ever seen a player who needs a break its Hart right now. If Pantilimon stinks at least Hart will be rested and maybe with a clearer head when he returns.coffee1.gif

Or play Pantillimon for six weeks, then give Hart another chance and if he continues a mess up buy Bergovic from Stoke, who's a very solid keeperbiggrin.png

Some keepers never truly recover from this poor form.