Manchester City

mrbojangles

Awfully soft penalty on Sterling. I think a lot of refs would have turned their noses up on that one.

Entertaining stuff from Liverpool though. Showtime with Suarez and Sturridge. Some marketing guru ought to be looking to team them up to pimp something.

it was a foul. the defender stuck his leg out and caught sterling with a mistimed one. there's no such thing as a "soft" penalty, it either is or it isn't.

I think this is gonna be a tough one today lads.

No its not, you have the ref and linesman in your pockets, what a bullshit decision, fantastic goal as well.

Make you right lad. Man City are becoming the new United!

They are becoming everything they despised us for.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

nev, you are funny.

The fact that people are still debating whether the goal should have been given or not, shows that it was not a cut and dried decision.

The offside rule is now way too complicated and open to different interpretations.

We will NEVER become what you lot were despised for. City fans have class, unlike a lot of 'fairweather' United fans.

And we dont have a manager ranting and raving up the touchline, berating the referee and his assistants at every opportunity.rolleyes.gif

The Newcastle player in an offside position, has only himself to blame. He was at least 3 or 4 yards offside, and didnt even make any attempt to get back into an onside position.

Even though I believe the decision was wrong, to disallow the goal, I can also understand the decision to disallow it as interfering with play.

nev, you are funny.

The fact that people are still debating whether the goal should have been given or not, shows that it was not a cut and dried decision.

The offside rule is now way too complicated and open to different interpretations.

We will NEVER become what you lot were despised for. City fans have class, unlike a lot of 'fairweather' United fans.

And we dont have a manager ranting and raving up the touchline, berating the referee and his assistants at every opportunity.rolleyes.gif

The Newcastle player in an offside position, has only himself to blame. He was at least 3 or 4 yards offside, and didnt even make any attempt to get back into an onside position.

Even though I believe the decision was wrong, to disallow the goal, I can also understand the decision to disallow it as interfering with play.

Have to disagree somewhat Jack, for me the decision was spot on and full credit to the ref and linesman for having the balls to make it. There is absolutely no question he was interfering with play, four yards offside and has to move his body so the ball doesn't hit him......how could he not be interfering with play?

Awfully soft penalty on Sterling. I think a lot of refs would have turned their noses up on that one.

Entertaining stuff from Liverpool though. Showtime with Suarez and Sturridge. Some marketing guru ought to be looking to team them up to pimp something.

it was a foul. the defender stuck his leg out and caught sterling with a mistimed one. there's no such thing as a "soft" penalty, it either is or it isn't.

The only reason there was contact was that Sterling dived into him, but the ref bought it.

nev, you are funny.

Have to disagree somewhat Jack, for me the decision was spot on and full credit to the ref and linesman for having the balls to make it. There is absolutely no question he was interfering with play, four yards offside and has to move his body so the ball doesn't hit him......how could he not be interfering with play?

Either way, my point is whatever decision he made, there would be people saying he was wrong. It was not a slam dunk.

Problem is the offside law as it stands is too ambiguous and open to personal interpretation.

The only reason there was contact was that Sterling dived into him, but the ref bought it.

Unlike me but for once I agree with you, so does Rodgers !!! coffee1.gif

Good game for the neutral to watch.

BT

I understand the perfect world analysis Stevie, but we all know that there are "fouls" outside the area that are not called inside. I would agree with you that it would be nice if there was complete consistency, but again, we all know that ain't happening.

For those with short memories. Alvaro Negrado scored a goal on the opening day of the season, as it was ruled off-side...........against.....yes.... you guessed it.........Newcastle.

And guess what, TV replays showed that it was a perfectly good goal. What comes around eh wink.png

nev, you are funny.

Either way, my point is whatever decision he made, there would be people saying he was wrong. It was not a slam dunk.

Problem is the offside law as it stands is too ambiguous and open to personal interpretation.

Agree entirely,

For those with short memories. Alvaro Negrado scored a goal on the opening day of the season, as it was ruled off-side...........against.....yes.... you guessed it.........Newcastle.

And guess what, TV replays showed that it was a perfectly good goal. What comes around eh wink.png

City won 4-0 .What was the score when the goal was disallowed? (I can't remember nor checked)

City won 4-0 .What was the score when the goal was disallowed? (I can't remember nor checked)

I think we were 3-0 up at the time but that is irrelevant. It was not given and it should have been as it was a lot more clear cut than the one the other day.

I think the hype about the Newcastle situation is more around the debate and the differing views that everyone has, rather than the disallowed goal itself. There was no such debate about Negrado's goal, as it was clear the ref made a mistake.

Manchester City target Barcelona midfielder Xavi as New York City FC's marquee signing City plan big things for their MLS franchise and believe Xavi would confirm their intentions to play the Barcelona way.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10569709/Manchester-City-target-Barcelona-midfielder-Xavi-as-New-York-City-FCs-marquee-signing.html

Manchester City target Barcelona midfielder Xavi as New York City FC's marquee signing City plan big things for their MLS franchise and believe Xavi would confirm their intentions to play the Barcelona way.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10569709/Manchester-City-target-Barcelona-midfielder-Xavi-as-New-York-City-FCs-marquee-signing.html

anybody got a bucket?

• Like 1

anybody got a bucket?

Be my guest....Messi next?

anybody got a bucket?

Be my guest....Messi next?

"marquee signing", "franchise", "play the barcelona way". i hate football.

• Like 1

I'm sure Mr. Pinotgrigio had a right old chuckle....

biggrin.png

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew's feeling of injustice could be accentuated by a Football Association misconduct charge after television cameras recorded an expletive-laden exchange with Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini during the controversial defeat at St James' Park.

<snip>

the main talking points surrounded Tiote's chalked out strike which provoked a row between Pardew and Pellegrini which saw the Newcastle boss call the Chilean a "f*****g old c**t".

That was a delightful pass and excellent finish by Negredo for the second goal thumbsup.gif

Yeah Ups, ever since Kolarov stopped trying to have a shot every time he got the ball and passed instead, he is surprisingly starting to play very well. Good to have Aguero back as well.

It was obviously not our first choice team but I thought we played quite a good patient game and didn't really have to get out of second gear.

• Like 1

That was a delightful pass and excellent finish by Negredo for the second goal thumbsup.gif

Yeah Ups, ever since Kolarov stopped trying to have a shot every time he got the ball and passed instead, he is surprisingly starting to play very well. Good to have Aguero back as well.

It was obviously not our first choice team but I thought we played quite a good patient game and didn't really have to get out of second gear.

Absolutely about Kolarov. He's a much better player when he's thinking cross instead of shot.

Not one of our best performances but more than happy with the result. Cardiff where holding a good defensive line for the majority of the game but the quality of our strikers was too much for them.

City are now the first team in the prem era to score over 100 goals in all competitions before the end of January.

BTW. How do you guys think the new goal line technology worked. I thought it was a resounding success. For City's first goal against Cardiff, the officials hadn't awarded the goal but the goal was then given instantly as soon as referee Neil Swarbrick looked at his watch. The HawkEye replay was then played on the screens to prove the ref was correct.

There was absolutely no delay in all this, in fact, the biggest hold up were the Cardiff players protesting the goal, until they saw the proof. Before this technology, City's goal wouldn't have stood and I hope this is just the start of the use of technology.

• Like 2

BTW. How do you guys think the new goal line technology worked. I thought it was a resounding success. For City's first goal against Cardiff, the officials hadn't awarded the goal but the goal was then given instantly as soon as referee Neil Swarbrick looked at his watch. The HawkEye replay was then played on the screens to prove the ref was correct.

There was absolutely no delay in all this, in fact, the biggest hold up were the Cardiff players protesting the goal, until they saw the proof. Before this technology, City's goal wouldn't have stood and I hope this is just the start of the use of technology.

With all due respect bj, i think that is a silly question whistling.gif anyone who said it didn't work too well but have had to been either blind, a retard or a man u supporter biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

to think it took 10 years of umming and arring to give it the green light

• Like 1