Manchester City

mrbojangles

Oh jaysus, quoting a die hard small club man - which wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't the one that bought Tevez illegally and got Sheff United relegated.

Don't you love journalists with ethics?

cheesy.gif

Oh, and read on: Can't you just tell he's mates with Andy "Get your tits out" Gray as well.

Are you up for a serious debate on this Chiccy or are you going to just keep on saying that everything anybody writes is grabage without actually saying why their view is garbage in your opinion? If your up for a proper debate, I'm up for it but I ain't gonna waste time if your just in a wind up mood. biggrin.png

Are you up for a serious debate on this Chiccy or are you going to just keep on saying that everything anybody writes is grabage without actually saying why their view is garbage in your opinion? If your up for a proper debate, I'm up for it but I ain't gonna waste time if your just in a wind up mood. biggrin.png

Sorry, we're having a conversation about ethics here, and someone is quoting Martin Samuel.

Give me a break.

This is the bloke who co-wrote 'Arry's autobiography. If anyone knows about cheating the system, it's him.

whistling.gif

So we're not up for a serious debate then?

OK, carry on. In the meantime, don't know if you've read this but if not, you may want to read what Alisher Usmanov thinks about foreign investment. Obviously Alisher is one of the more honest, upstanding Russians to be involved in English Football. It's just everyone else who is a crook wink.png

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/29/foreign-owners-benefit-english-soccer-says-arsenals-alisher-usmanov/

OK, carry on. In the meantime, don't know if you've read this but if not, you may want to read what Alisher Usmanov thinks about foreign investment. Obviously Alisher is one of the more honest, upstanding Russians to be involved in English Football. It's just everyone else who is a crook wink.png

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/29/foreign-owners-benefit-english-soccer-says-arsenals-alisher-usmanov/

We hate Usmanov. His nickname is "Jabba the Uzbek".

The same tossers that bleat about Wenger refusing to waste millions are the ones that want to give him control of our club.

I would walk away the day that happened.

That's why so many Gooners loathe David Dein these days.

http://justarsenal.com/arsenal-debate-the-facts-about-alisher-usmanov-may-make-you-change-your-mind/14639

Edited by Chicog

It was also quite funny how Wenger stated that he would not like to see an overseas takeover at Arsenal. "I don't know [if it would happen], I hope not," he said. "It's not [about] the manager because I have to be online with the values and example set. It is the Club and the Club is its owners.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-wary-of-foreign-investment-in-clubs

And then not long after you find that you are owned by Stan Kroenke Alisher Usmanov. I bet there are some dodgy dealing going on in those parent companies.

The same tossers that bleat about Wenger refusing to waste millions are the ones that want to give him control of our club.

http://justarsenal.com/arsenal-debate-the-facts-about-alisher-usmanov-may-make-you-change-your-mind/14639

I'm gonna have to book mark this (if I knew how to do that). Usmanov doesn't seem to wanting to go away anytime soon and is in fact increasing his stake. He's also richer than Kroenke isn't he?

Ethically speaking, what is the difference between him being a major shareholder and taking full control? If you all hate him that much, you should all walk away now. Or will it be, well if he reaches 49% we'll walk, and then 60% and then 80%.

I'm gonna have to book mark this (if I knew how to do that). Usmanov doesn't seem to wanting to go away anytime soon and is in fact increasing his stake. He's also richer than Kroenke isn't he?

Ethically speaking, what is the difference between him being a major shareholder and taking full control? If you all hate him that much, you should all walk away now. Or will it be, well if he reaches 49% we'll walk, and then 60% and then 80%.

Because he's a crook. He can't take control of the club, Kroenke controls it for now.

It was also quite funny how Wenger stated that he would not like to see an overseas takeover at Arsenal. "I don't know [if it would happen], I hope not," he said. "It's not [about] the manager because I have to be online with the values and example set. It is the Club and the Club is its owners.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-wary-of-foreign-investment-in-clubs

And then not long after you find that you are owned by Stan Kroenke Alisher Usmanov. I bet there are some dodgy dealing going on in those parent companies.

I think you'll find he was referring to the Glazers, for obvious reasons.

Kroenke has never taken a farthing from the club, Wenger and him get on very well.

There was nothing anyone could do about Uzmanov, that was Judas Dein's doing.

Edited by Chicog

Kroenke has never taken a farthing from the club, Wenger and him get on very well.

Sheikh Mansour has never taken a farthing from City either.

Sheikh Mansour has never taken a farthing from City either.

I've never implied that he has.

I'm not comfortable with this team selection. Fernandinho injured, Demichelis sat behind Yaya. Blimey, I hope I'm wrong

In agreement with that MrB. Demichelis has played well but seems to me he begins to tire in the second period. Plus, he ain't so speedy. I guess Yaya will be called on for more of a defensive performance.

Definitely concerning if Mourinho is intent on maybe scoring a goal.wink.png

Well The Special Needs One fooled everybody. No bus parking there, could have scored 4.

Got the tactics absolutely spot on and Pellegrini didn't have an answer.

I hope Wenger was taking notes.

Unfortunately I agree. Fernandinho and Aguero would have helped, but Mou's strategy worked very well.

Well The Special Needs One fooled everybody. No bus parking there, could have scored 4.

Got the tactics absolutely spot on and Pellegrini didn't have an answer.

I hope Wenger was taking notes.

Unfortunately I agree. Fernandinho and Aguero would have helped, but Mou's strategy worked very well.

yes, not surprised by the result one iota but it'd have been interesting to see city with those two available. mourinho does seem to have a bit of a hex over pellegrini though.

I understand the sentiments but it is financially naive of Holloway to think that there is some form of instrument that gives "legally binding and cast-iron guarantees" (that the money will be paid in if things go T*ts-up.

To respond to Holloway's last question, "Otherwise what stops unscrupulous individuals from buying football clubs with money they haven’t got?". Company Law places some controls on this, but if the new owners can convince an accounting firm that the projections realistically support continued financial viability then anyone can buy a company of any description using essentially the existing and future resources of that company.

You either lump the present system or introduce restrictions on wages or transfers in the same way the US has done for baseball and NFL. I don't like these artificial levellers in principle, but I think they will ultimately be the only thing to save the European game from self-imploding

As has been stated earlier, I was horrified when I saw Demichelis starting and although he didnt have a bad game for him, he is NOT a DM and he simply is not quick enough or has a big enough engine to protect the back 4 like Fernandhino does.

Personally I think our manager got the tactics wrong, and Mourinho got his right.

Before the game started I was hoping we would play 451. I would have played Milner over Dzeko and Rodwell over Demichelis.

Unfortunately Negredo had the worst game since he came, maybe he was playing with a niggle and Dzeko for me is not upto the standard of playing against top class defences.

Jovetic seemed lively when he came on.

But both Silva and Dzeko should have scored.

But at the final whistle I was kind of relieved we only got beat by 1.

Not one for the memories.

Negrado still has that shoulder injury jack. I don't think Pellegrini had much choice but to risk him but it didn't pay off.

Concur with the rest of your post. Injuries aside, Pellegrini got the tactics wrong and I would also have played Milner and Rodwell.

For me, Dzecko has to go this summer.

• Like 1

Negrado still has that shoulder injury jack. I don't think Pellegrini had much choice but to risk him but it didn't pay off.

Concur with the rest of your post. Injuries aside, Pellegrini got the tactics wrong and I would also have played Milner and Rodwell.

To be fair he also got it wrong when being interviewed he said the best side didn't win!! What was that all about?

Mike Dean is so incompetent sometimes. Nastasic should have been taking an early bath.

You really do talk a load of cr@p.

Was it clear goal scoring opportunity? On the half way line, with another defender tracking back???

Agreed. I thought he made the correct decision despite John Terry's best efforts to get Nastasic sent off.

Yes.

Whereas some players turn it on for the big games (Yaya), Dzeko just goes into his shell. Not a big game player, and needs way too many chances to score.

As a centre forward, he missed 3 easy chances last week and at least 2 clear cut chances last night. Not good enough.

I think Rodwell is finished with Pellegrini. Reminds me of a City game several seasons ago... V Middlesborough... last game of the season. We needed to score and with 10 minutes to go Pearce brings on a sub. Not the centre forward ( I cant remember who it was now) but brings on the sub goalkeeper and played David James as centre forward!!!!

If Rodwell cant get a game in front of Garcia and an ageing defender, then he must realise it aint going to happen. Shame because when he is fit, I rate him.

Edited by JacknDanny

Mike Dean is so incompetent sometimes. Nastasic should have been taking an early bath.

Was it clear goal scoring opportunity? On the half way line, with another defender tracking back???

Would that be one of the two defenders ten yards behind him, smartarse?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaxF22hTYoM

Take your blue-tinted glasses off and watch it again. Oscar has real pace on him and would not have been caught.

That is denying a clear goal-scoring opportunity, no two ways about it. Nastasic can count himself lucky (or not, if he wanted a week off).

Straight red all day long . It was a blatant foul & stopped a player from having an attempt on goal .Who's to say Oscar wouldn't have shot from where he was pulled down from(one on one with the keeper) ? He also could have ran on (I doubt Terry or anyone else would've caught him) & been one on one with the keeper but obviously closer to goal .It was a goal scoring opportunity & a straight red.