Manchester City

mrbojangles

Stunning pair of underdog results there. I thought once Citeh pulled one back they'd cruise it, but Wigan fought like tigers.

Fair play.

And Citeh have some fat chicks in the stands, don't they? Strewth.

Well done Wigan. Pellegrini is showing his lack of knowledge of the lower league teams. I know he has one eye on Barcelona this week but to be honest that must be a lost cause. So surely the idea is to get a good lead in this, then make changes, not play a weakened team and then have to play catch up. He's underestimated the lower league teams several times this season.

Chiccy, so happy for you that Arsenal's stands are full of super models. Must be hard to watch the match.

Give over man. Lets get back to football

Nah - some of those Sunderlando boys looked real porkers too. I had worries for some of the barriers they were disconsolately draped over. Watched the game at my house with a bunch of locals here for my wife's 'happee burday party' - they had a great time laughing and discussing the crowd shots.

Need to go to rugby matches (or the Emirates) for good totty!

The CB situation has been a big problem since the beginning of the season. Demichelis and Lescott are not up to it, Nastasic hurt, and Kompany can't be expected to go 90 every match. A bit early to be thinking about next season, but here's hoping City acquire some quality depth in the back. Its painful at the moment.facepalm.gif

Well done Wigan. Pellegrini is showing his lack of knowledge of the lower league teams. I know he has one eye on Barcelona this week but to be honest that must be a lost cause. So surely the idea is to get a good lead in this, then make changes, not play a weakened team and then have to play catch up. He's underestimated the lower league teams several times this season.

Chiccy, so happy for you that Arsenal's stands are full of super models. Must be hard to watch the match.

This is NOT a knee jerk reaction. This is something that has been on my mind for weeks now.

After the years of having a cr@p team winning nothing, having stability at City is of utmost importance. We are in the fortunate position of having rich owners and with it the ability to forge a team capable of winning trophies.

I question whether Pellegrini is the man to take us to the next important level. At times we have played stunning attractive football, but all too often we have been bland and slow withlittle or no imagination. I have seen an increase in players whinging and complaining and basically having an attitude of 'we only have to turn up to win'

I was firmly a Mancini believer, and although there were rumours of him being a bit of a tosser with the staff, the important thing to me is playing good football and getting results. I believe he did that. He was sacked as a result of us finishing runners up and wining no trophy that season. He was backed in the last transfer window buying Scott Sinclair, Jack Rodwell, Javi Garcia.

Pellegrini added Navas, Fernandhino, Negredo and Jovetic, yet I do not see improvement.

We qualified in the CL, having an easier group than Mancini had. We have won the Milk Cup, and I am afraid thats it for the season. Too far behind Chelsea now. For us to have an chance of winning the league we would have to beat Arsenal, Liverpool and United. I dont see that happening.

I think Pellegrini has made shocking miscalculations and shown unbelievable naivety in his first year.

The following are examples

1) In the early part of the season, cost us several points by playing Jvi Garcia at CB.

2)Had Dedrick Boyata as part of the first team squad, when the lad had been rejected at Bolton and FC Twente.

3) Continues to use Demichelis at CB ( mirror image of his earlier mistake with Garcia), costing us several very important games... Barcelona, Chelsea, Wigan to name but

4) Allowed Guidetti out on loan, when we are persevering with a misfiring Dzeko.

5) Refuses to give ANY young player a chance

6) Under uses players like Milner, Lescott and Richards... preferring the foreign contingent of players.

Early days I was sat on the fence with Pellegrini, but if I am honest, I am completely underwhelmed by him and by what he has acheived so far.

This is NOT a knee jerk reaction. This is something that has been on my mind for weeks now.

When I started reading this, I thought you were talking about the fat chicks.

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

What a tit. clap2.gifcheesy.gifhttp://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25765975

The chosen ones, not this year you arrogant <deleted>, and you call us that.

I think he's alluding to the fact that the Arab Playboy will go and spend another 100m+ in the summer once Barca knock them out.

And Platini won't be able to do jack shit because he'll phone Etihad and get another 100m of sponsorship stolen from the UAE people's coffers.

What a tit. clap2.gifcheesy.gifhttp://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25765975

The chosen ones, not this year you arrogant tw#t, and you call us that.

Read it properly nev. He said:-

"We can't promise it will happen now, but eventually it will have to happen," said the Belgium defender.

"We are the players at the moment who have been chosen to do it. If it's not us then it will be other players."

After the years of having a cr@p team winning nothing, having stability at City is of utmost importance. We are in the fortunate position of having rich owners and with it the ability to forge a team capable of winning trophies.

I question whether Pellegrini is the man to take us to the next important level. At times we have played stunning attractive football, but all too often we have been bland and slow withlittle or no imagination. I have seen an increase in players whinging and complaining and basically having an attitude of 'we only have to turn up to win'

I was firmly a Mancini believer, and although there were rumours of him being a bit of a tosser with the staff, the important thing to me is playing good football and getting results. I believe he did that. He was sacked as a result of us finishing runners up and wining no trophy that season. He was backed in the last transfer window buying Scott Sinclair, Jack Rodwell, Javi Garcia.

Pellegrini added Navas, Fernandhino, Negredo and Jovetic, yet I do not see improvement.

We qualified in the CL, having an easier group than Mancini had. We have won the Milk Cup, and I am afraid thats it for the season. Too far behind Chelsea now. For us to have an chance of winning the league we would have to beat Arsenal, Liverpool and United. I dont see that happening.

I think Pellegrini has made shocking miscalculations and shown unbelievable naivety in his first year.

1) In the early part of the season, cost us several points by playing Jvi Garcia at CB.

2)Had Dedrick Boyata as part of the first team squad, when the lad had been rejected at Bolton and FC Twente.

3) Continues to use Demichelis at CB ( mirror image of his earlier mistake with Garcia), costing us several very important games... Barcelona, Chelsea, Wigan to name but

4) Allowed Guidetti out on loan, when we are persevering with a misfiring Dzeko.

6) Under uses players like Milner, Lescott and Richards... preferring the foreign contingent of players.

Early days I was sat on the fence with Pellegrini, but if I am honest, I am completely underwhelmed by him and by what he has acheived so far.

Struggling to find fault with your points jack but as it's Pellegrini's first year, I think we do have to cut him a little slack. Even though he is blaming the players for last night when he should take the blame. I think I'll reserve total judgement until he has had a clear out in summer and brought players he really wants. To be fair, he and his staff didn't have much time to assess what he had at his disposal as there was only Brian Kidd left from last season.

I understand your frustration Jack but for me Pellegrini is a definite improvement over Mancini. Demichelis has struggled recently but I still think Lescott is just as bad, or worse. The CB situation at City would have been a major headache for any manager. Remember, there was no Kompany early in the season and often no Nastasic as well. So, it was Lescott and Garcia, both shit in my book, until Demichelis was deputized. Demichelis' faults have been clearly on display lately but he did help out when he first arrived.

I don't know about Guidetti. As frustrating as Dzeko has been, and I'm no fan of his, would Guidetti have been an improvement ?

As for not giving young players a chance, Pellegrini has been tasked with winning any and every trophy in sight. I don't think he's been in a position to try out unproven talent on a regular basis.

I think Milner has played quite a bit and more the better. I like Milner. My opinion about Lescott is clear. Save for the last match against Chelsea he's been horrible. Richards has been injured most of the year so not available. His first game back against Wigan he decides he's an outside linebacker instead of a right back. I've always liked Richard's personality but how can he get much playing time ahead of Zabaleta ? Richards at CB ? He's right footed I think. Move Kompany to the left ? No. Put Richards in instead of Lescott or Demichelis given his long layoff ? I'd guess he would be as poor as Demichelis or Lescott, and maybe worse.

I've no problem with foreign players.

I'm glad Mancini is gone. He lost the dressing room, spouted too much rubbish and has often behaved like a clown in his comments about his City experience since leaving.

Not having a go at you at all Jack, just presenting the devil's advocate view of things.

• Like 1