Manchester City

mrbojangles

20140728_144338.jpg

Cracked it!

looks.like you've brothered up with the chavs.

suppose that would be about right one owner robbin its national coffers the other owner just robbin.

Aray na! Can somebody help me out what he's going on about...clear as mud to me.

No help needed ! Just sidestep Rijit when he is in one of his ornery, inscrutable moods !thumbsup.gif

Just spotted that you mention a weekend visit BB. That implies limited time for looking around. Has to be Wandsworth in my book - it's real London and Brentford will be dead at weekends in comparison.

You need a lot of pre-research to plan such a short visit to London. With a family including kids my essentials would be:

• A river trip covering at least the Houses of Parliament to Tower Bridge. I used to introduce London to foreign house-guests by taking a boat from Putney pier to Tower Bridge, but I don't know whether that still runs
  • A quick peek at Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament/Westminster Abbey
  • Walk from Trafalgar Square up thru Leicester Square to Picadilly then up Regent Street and along Oxford Street to Marble Arch. Jump on the very regular buses when younger (or older) kids get fractious.
  • Take a bus (scheduled - route 11) from Trafalgar Square to Liverpool Street - you will see The Strand/Aldwych (spot the theatres), Fleet Street, St Paul's Cathedral and the City (which will be very quiet at weekends)
  • A walk around the South Bank at Tower Bridge (street performers/free theatre and great views) across Tower Bridge and around the Tower
  • Petticoat Lane market (Sunday morning) plus curry buffet in Brick Lane/environs, or Notting Hill + Portobello Road on Saturday, or Camden Market all weekend

Those are all free except the first. The London Eye (wheel) is far too expensive. Madame Tussaud's is expensive but kids and wives love it. Free to look inside St Pauls Cathedral and Westminster Abbey - or at least it used to be.

I lived in London for 30 years until 2008 - Portobello Road, Putney, Bromley and Tower Bridge. Not a place to retire to but a great city and writing about it makes me miss it!

Santisuk -

Brilliant postings! I don’t know what your profession is but those are excellent explanations…thanks very much…I feel guilty now that I’ve put you to so much trouble [feel free to ask me questions on Manchester ;-) ].

We’ll be staying 20 nights in UK hotels so I was looking to save a little here and there, but as you say the premium of staying nearer central London is insignificant.

Definitely hadn’t considered the planes situation, but as uk home and samut Prakarn home both are on the flight paths, not such a problem for me personally being used to planes sound in the night, but I agree could be for others.

So Wandsworth it is then…

...and I will certainly be following your itinerary. I’ve been to all the places before – years ago - but the missus and our boys have never been…the wife will be very happy posting her snaps of all those places on her Facebook pages for all her ‘girls’ here in Thailand. I asked her where do you want to go in London, the only places she mentioned were Buckingham Palace...and obviously Harrods (Thais have just got to go there).

Going for a long weekend (go Friday, back to sunny Manchester on Monday). Was planning on going w/e of 04.10.14 but just realised 5 mins ago that might not be a good idea (fixtures, premier teams only, Chelsea v Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton, and West Ham United v Queens Park Rangers – bloody hell!). W/e of 18.10.14 still confident of getting tickets for Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur. There’s no football w/e of 11.10.14 so that might be a better time for a visit.

Cheers…and back to football matters.

• Like 1

Are we all getting bored by the excessive amount of newspaper inches LV-G & United are getting...and there's no doubt from those inches who the media want to win the Premier this year.

I think the media will be just as thrilled if LVG falls on his face. They love a ballyhooed loser more than anything else. There ain't no thrill like stomping on 'em when they're down.tongue.png

• Like 1

Are we all getting bored by the excessive amount of newspaper inches LV-G & United are getting...and there's no doubt from those inches who the media want to win the Premier this year.

I think the media will be just as thrilled if LVG falls on his face. They love a ballyhooed loser more than anything else. There ain't no thrill like stomping on 'em when they're down.tongue.png

Media will go mental when its LV-G vs Jose...

• Like 1

Just spotted that you mention a weekend visit BB. That implies limited time for looking around. Has to be Wandsworth in my book - it's real London and Brentford will be dead at weekends in comparison.

You need a lot of pre-research to plan such a short visit to London. With a family including kids my essentials would be:

• A river trip covering at least the Houses of Parliament to Tower Bridge. I used to introduce London to foreign house-guests by taking a boat from Putney pier to Tower Bridge, but I don't know whether that still runs
  • A quick peek at Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament/Westminster Abbey
  • Walk from Trafalgar Square up thru Leicester Square to Picadilly then up Regent Street and along Oxford Street to Marble Arch. Jump on the very regular buses when younger (or older) kids get fractious.
  • Take a bus (scheduled - route 11) from Trafalgar Square to Liverpool Street - you will see The Strand/Aldwych (spot the theatres), Fleet Street, St Paul's Cathedral and the City (which will be very quiet at weekends)
  • A walk around the South Bank at Tower Bridge (street performers/free theatre and great views) across Tower Bridge and around the Tower
  • Petticoat Lane market (Sunday morning) plus curry buffet in Brick Lane/environs, or Notting Hill + Portobello Road on Saturday, or Camden Market all weekend

Those are all free except the first. The London Eye (wheel) is far too expensive. Madame Tussaud's is expensive but kids and wives love it. Free to look inside St Pauls Cathedral and Westminster Abbey - or at least it used to be.

I lived in London for 30 years until 2008 - Portobello Road, Putney, Bromley and Tower Bridge. Not a place to retire to but a great city and writing about it makes me miss it!

walk up as far as london bridge and go to borough market. one of my favourite places in london that.

• Like 1

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure says he wants to stay at the Premier League club for "as long as possible".

Think he's come out of the summer looking like a real schemer. Never been a favourite of mine and he's let himself down big time. I can see City's "mandarins" already planning ahead for his departure in the next 2 seasons.

Your thoughts?

walk up as far as london bridge and go to borough market. one of my favourite places in london that.

Yep. Globe, Wheatsheaf and Market Porter within 50 yards of each other. Tough place to leave tho'thumbsup.gif

Overnight to Euston...Brekkie in staff cafe underneath at 5am, then 1st tube to The Wheatsheaf for 6:30am pre game drinks....The Good Old (away) Daysbiggrin.png

• Like 2

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure says he wants to stay at the Premier League club for "as long as possible".

Think he's come out of the summer looking like a real schemer. Never been a favourite of mine and he's let himself down big time. I can see City's "mandarins" already planning ahead for his departure in the next 2 seasons.

Your thoughts?

If Yaya keeps knocking 'em dead on the pitch City would be fools to get rid of him. He's one of the best footballers in the world and he ain't bit nobody.thumbsup.gif

Your thoughts?

If Yaya keeps knocking 'em dead on the pitch City would be fools to get rid of him. He's one of the best footballers in the world and he ain't bit nobody.thumbsup.gif

There ain't no doubt that Yaya is a great footballer and a great asset that has the ability to change a game in a split second. However, he can be a tad lazy and moody and he has to realise that he ain't bigger than the club. If he went, it wouldn't concern me too much.

• Like 2

Your thoughts?

There ain't no doubt that Yaya is a great footballer and a great asset that has the ability to change a game in a split second. However, he can be a tad lazy and moody and he has to realise that he ain't bigger than the club. If he went, it wouldn't concern me too much.

You've been reading my mind again and posting my thoughts have you...we're 100% agreed on Yaarya. If he left it would be like when Tevez and others left, not a problem for me, but if Silva was to spit the dummy and leave I'd be brokenhearted...love the wee man!

Your thoughts?

You've been reading my mind again and posting my thoughts have you...we're 100% agreed on Yaarya. If he left it would be like when Tevez and others left, not a problem for me, but if Silva was to spit the dummy and leave I'd be brokenhearted...love the wee man!

biggrin.png

Yeah BB, they are all replaceable but Silva is a different kettle o'fish. His skill, attitude and workrate just make him poised to be a legend at City.

P.S. Oh and Zabba.

P.P.S. Oh and Vinny biggrin.png

Your thoughts?

I love Silva but without Yaya City would have been extremely fortunate to finish top 4. He scored 20 goals from midfield and helped on defense when City were hurting in the back. I don't care if he takes time off and hunkers down to take a shit every now and then. And, if he were white he wouldn't catch near as much needless crap as he does. Getting rid of his <deleted> agent would help, I'll give you that.wai2.gif

And enough now about bladdy Larndon. This is a oop'north thread tongue.png

There's a great umbrella shop in Bond St......

James Smith & Sons

Can't see you with a customised brolly mate....maybe the ladies in your life though! ;-)

Your thoughts?

I love Silva but without Yaya City would have been extremely fortunate to finish top 4. He scored 20 goals from midfield and helped on defense when City were hurting in the back. I don't care if he takes time off and hunkers down to take a shit every now and then. And, if he were white he wouldn't catch near as much needless crap as he does. Getting rid of his agent would help, I'll give you that.wai2.gif

You can lian us Silva then....just pay half his wages and we'll look after him.

Bredbury...you gotta take your kids to Hamleys... On Regent St...in fact send your wife along with them for an hour and have a well earned pint around the corner lol.....

I enforce a strict 1km detour regime where toy shops and handbags are located...helps my sanity, sure you know what i mean wink.png

• Like 1

Manchester City 2 Liverpool 2: (Liverpool win 3-1 on penalties)

In-form Montenegrin Stevan Jovetic scored both City's goals either side of Jordan Henderson's effort before Raheem Sterling's late equaliser. City's opener came courtesy of a defensive blunder from Steven Gerrard. At that point there was a definite sense of deja-vu in the air, but this time Liverpool pulled it back.

City lost the penalty shoot-out 3-1 after Aleks Kolarov, Yaya Toure and Jesus Navas' missed, meaning Kelechi's Iheanacho's cool effort was just a consolation.

Wednesday 30 July 2014, 7:00PM

Yankee Stadium Att:49,653
Guinness International Champions Cup

Manchester City:

Caballero (Hart 46), Clichy (Richards 70), Kolarov, Boyata, Nastasic, Fernando, Navas, Zuculini, Milner (Iheanacho 46), Jovetic (Yaya Toure 70), Dzeko (Sinclair 46)

Unused subs:

TBC

Liverpool:

Jones (Mignolet 90), Kelly (Robinson 46), Enrique (Johnson 46), Coates, K Toure, Gerrard (Lucas 76), Coutinho, Sturridge (Sahko 76), Henderson, Allen (Can 65), Lambert (Sterling 46)

Unused subs:

TBC

Yes bored to death with it!

Then we have to put up with P45Mustang posting on here his messages of love and adulation for the dutchman!whistling.gifbiggrin.png

You miss it!!! I'm depressed and homesick after reading all this! Until i moved here i lived in central London my whole life.

Yes bored to death with it!

Then we have to put up with P45Mustang posting on here his messages of love and adulation for the dutchman!whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Think P45Mustang has gone AWOL.

• Like 1