Manchester City

mrbojangles

Not really, no.

Milner should have had about four yellows.

biggrin.png

The way clattenburg was reffing it, it's amazing all of city's players didn't get four yellows each.

I actually thought Clattenburg reffed it well. City were pretty physical throughout...and nothing wrong with that.

Not really, no.

biggrin.png

The way clattenburg was reffing it, it's amazing all of city's players didn't get four yellows each.

I actually thought Clattenburg reffed it well. City were pretty physical throughout...and nothing wrong with that.

Seems we disagree on clatters...I thought he blew for Arsenal but rarely for City. I thought Aguero had a shout for a foul in their first goal, and he should def have blown for the foul on Kompany for the 2nd goal. Missed Wilshires handball. Booked city players for not a lot but didn't apply that to Arsenal except to Flamini. Yep I thought he had a great game.

Not really, no.

biggrin.png

Seems we disagree on clatters...I thought he blew for Arsenal but rarely for City. I thought Aguero had a shout for a foul in their first goal, and he should def have blown for the foul on Kompany for the 2nd goal. Missed Wilshires handball. Booked city players for not a lot but didn't apply that to Arsenal except to Flamini. Yep I thought he had a great game.

Yeah I agree BB. We were all shouting about the push in Kompany's back before the 2nd goal. I'm not gonna cry too much about Clatters decisions but he did seem to give yellows to us and nothing to Arsenal for identical incidents.

Yeah I agree BB. We were all shouting about the push in Kompany's back before the 2nd goal. I'm not gonna cry too much about Clatters decisions but he did seem to give yellows to us and nothing to Arsenal for identical incidents.

That aside, thought it was a great game. Periods when it looked like Arsenal were going to win it and likewise City. I didn't think we would come back from 2v1 down but we seem to be able to do that these days. Clichy had an excellent game, unlucky not to score, and has returned to form after an average last season. I'll take that point.

Edited by mrbojangles
Fixed quote

Questions were asked on here recently about City's priorities to which us City fans said our priority as fans was the Premier not CL, seems Pelle/club has same priorities:

Guardian

Pellegrini refused to make the Champions League his priority for the season, claiming that while progress was desirable, it should not come at the expense of success in the Premier League. We will not focus all we have on the Champions League, he said. If we can fight for the Premier League title and get further in the Champions League, that would be progress. But if we have to leave behind the Premier League to win the Champions League, then for me personally that is no progress.

Thought Welbeck looked useful and will prove to be a decent buy. Sanchez looks class doesn't he. Wilshire looked up for it instead of falling over like often does. Didn't notice Ramsey. Fancied Aguro from the off against the back 2; made his finish look easy which it wasn't. Would have loved to see Cazola...like him a lot. Feel sorry for Ozil at the moment, he got nothing out of Clichy but Arsenal need to stick with him = class. Great to hear that Wenger said that Debuchy had suffered a badly strained ankle and would be out for a while (he and Milner were having quite a tussle).

• Like 1

Thought Welbeck looked useful and will prove to be a decent buy. Sanchez looks class doesn't he. Wilshire looked up for it instead of falling over like often does. Didn't notice Ramsey. Fancied Aguro from the off against the back 2; made his finish look easy which it wasn't. Would have loved to see Cazola...like him a lot. Feel sorry for Ozil at the moment, he got nothing out of Clichy but Arsenal need to stick with him = class. Great to hear that Wenger said that Debuchy had suffered a badly strained ankle and would be out for a while (he and Milner were having quite a tussle).

There's a bunch of opinions we can agree on.biggrin.png

So Fat Frank didn't play because of rotation or injury to Yaya

Man City's Yaya Toure didn't face Arsenal because he was late back from international duty confirms Pellegrini

Hope he doesn't play Yaya in the CL either. I'd rather save him for the Chelsea match.

I would go along with that so long as we have at least 2 available for the middle from Dinho Nando Milner and Lampard. Here's last season's team which got hammered in the first 15 minutes till micah got injured and was replaced by zaba. We started with a very weakened defence and of our main players only silva started (no zaba kompany yaya aguero). Play a 4411 go for a point minimum and we should be ok (dont start kolarov as twice he allowed the same goal against us last season..long diagonal bayern like to play for muller or robben).

Man City starting XI vs Bayern 2013:- Hart, Richards, Lescott, Demichelis, Kolarov, Milner, Javi Garcia, Jesus Navas, Silva, Fernandinho, Dzeko

I thought Lampard looked and played like a man who is well past his best.Can't fathom the move to City when he could have had a good break ,re charged his tiring body and enjoyed his football in the US.

Not a good way to end ones career in the country where you were once greatly admired.

I thought Lampard looked and played like a man who is well past his best.Can't fathom the move to City when he could have had a good break ,re charged his tiring body and enjoyed his football in the US.

Not a good way to end ones career in the country where you were once greatly admired.

I agree with your first sentence but if he'd played against a lesser team than Arsenal, at home, say like in the recent Stoke game, then I'm sure he wouldn't have looked out of place. In a fast-breaking game, just like Javi Garcia, Frank lacks the mobility to cope. So in a way he was unlucky to be given a debut at Arsenal away. I'm sure before the end of his loan he will feature and help us out (Sheff Wed H for instance).

Some of you guys offered me some decent advice recently with regards choosing a london hotel. Can i get your input on the following.

Weekend of 4th Oct be taking the family to stay in Wandsworth. We'll be doing the usual touristy stuff, as the wife and boys have never been before, round Westminster one day and around Tower of London/St. Pauls another day.

1. Any recommendations which we should do Saturday and which Sunday or no difference?

We'll either be crossing the river by train from Wandsworth Town but most likely using the Tube from East Putney (District Line).

On the Sunday there's Chelsea v Arsenal & Spurs v Soton at 2pm and WHU v QPR at 4pm - 5 london teams!

2. What's it like trouble-wise these days? Are we likley to have any problems? Anywhere we need to keep away from on our journeys outlined above? Better for us to travel on sunday by tube or train?

Wouldn't advise using the District line 2hrs before and after the Chelski v Arse game mate. Fulham Broadway to Victoria could get tasty. Best go out am for a full day trip and come back after 6pm, or use British Rail to Waterloo. (even that may have problems as a lot of Chav fans from SW London wiill be using that line).

Tower of London/St Pauls may be best for Sunday as it will be well away from the big game. Getting the tube back at 6pm should miss the Chavs and be too early for those marauding QPR hoardeswink.png

Edited by wilai

From memory one of the Wandsworth BR stations has a Victoria to London Bridge service via Brixton. If it runs on Sunday then going to London Bridge and doing the City-oriented sights should keep you away form most waves of football supporters.

Could add Docklands - there's an aerial cable car over the Thames now that the kids will love if they have a head for heights.

Some of you guys offered me some decent advice recently with regards choosing a london hotel. Can i get your input on the following.

Weekend of 4th Oct be taking the family to stay in Wandsworth. We'll be doing the usual touristy stuff, as the wife and boys have never been before, round Westminster one day and around Tower of London/St. Pauls another day.

1. Any recommendations which we should do Saturday and which Sunday or no difference?

We'll either be crossing the river by train from Wandsworth Town but most likely using the Tube from East Putney (District Line).

On the Sunday there's Chelsea v Arsenal & Spurs v Soton at 2pm and WHU v QPR at 4pm - 5 london teams!

2. What's it like trouble-wise these days? Are we likley to have any problems? Anywhere we need to keep away from on our journeys outlined above? Better for us to travel on sunday by tube or train?

You just send the missus and saucepans out with some travelcards and some cash and find the nearest pub, man. Don't be daft.

biggrin.png

P.S. Do the Westminster, St. Pauls, Tower of London stuff in a day, they're boring for kids.

Do the Planetarium, M. Tussauds and/or the Science/Natural History museums on the second day, that's more boys stuff. And the London Aquarium and London Dungeon (both in the old County Hall on South Bank).

Random thoughts from the weekend:

Good to hear Debuchy's injury isn't as bad as originally feared; it looked really bad at the time.

Di Maria looks the real deal doesn't he. MU's player of the season for sure.

QPR looked doomed on Sunday's showing; they offered nothing.

10 men behind the ball (villa/stoke) beats all possession (Lpool/City) again.