Manchester City

mrbojangles

Why Lampard instead of a youngster ?

18 year old Angel Pozo on for Nasri. Nice to see Pellegrini giving the youngsters a chance. That'll stick in nev's throat biggrin.png

At 1v4 could Pelle have brought Angelino (saw him in the u19s 6v0 pasting of Bayern last week) on as well as Pozo, just to blood him in the Premier [i.e. Pozo not Frank for Aguero, and Angelino not Pozo for Nasri...with Clichy moved in front of Angelino]. DId Pelle miss a trick there?

• Like 1

Premier League champions believe record revenues combined with reduces losses demonstrate a more sustainable financial model

Manchester City are confident they will be in full compliance with Uefa financial rules by the end of this season following the publication of their yearly accounts.The clubs revenues rose to £347 million in the last financial year a record for Manchester City - while their losses were halved over the same period.Their chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak believes these figures represent a significant milestone in the financial history of the current Premier Leaguechampions as they demonstrate a more sustainable financial model.After years of heavy spending in order to build the squad and establish an infrastructure on and off the pitch, City are now budgeting in anticipation of profit and believe they are fulfilling the long-term financial plan set out by the Abu Dhabi owners back in 2008.City fell foul of UEFAs recently established Financial Fair Play laws last summer when they were fined £49 million, of which around £33 million was suspended.Their net spending was also restricted as Manuel Pellegrini planned his Premier League title defence.Indeed, the most significant club losses in 2013-14 were a consequence of the £16 million UEFA fine.We have moved beyond the period of heavy investment that was required to the club competitive again, said City Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak.It is commercial growth of the kind we are seeing today that will underpin and support our operations in the future. The club is where we hoped it would be when we began the transformation six years ago.Chief Executive Ferran Soriano says City have reached a new level of financial sustainability and believes all the outstanding UEFA sanctions will have gone by the end of this season.

Read in the comments to the Guardian's match report that:

"...we've met the max £20m maximum loss that Uefa set...For those that haven't read it, once you deduct infrastructure spending from the £23m loss, which is allowable under ffp rules, then it's an £8m profit."

If that's right, that we'll be 'playing on a level playing field' again next season.

Why Lampard instead of a youngster ?

18 year old Angel Pozo on for Nasri. Nice to see Pellegrini giving the youngsters a chance. That'll stick in nev's throat biggrin.png

Won't at all mate it is good to see.

CORRECTION

Not said this many times THIS SEASON, but I enjoyed that, we were excellent. Performance of the season.

Yeah I'd agree with that. Even when we went down 1-0 to that flooky goal, there was no panic and the players just stepped up a gear and evened the score within 2 or so minutes. We were stroking the ball about really nice and although Sunderland had their full team back in defence, we were patiently prodding and poking looking for that little gap in the defence to slot the ball through.

Alot of excellent individual performances last night and really glad Boyata had a virtually trouble free, steady game. Navas also had a really good game. Hope jack got to see it tongue.png

CORRECTION

Not said this many times THIS SEASON, but I enjoyed that, we were excellent. Performance of the season.

Yeah I'd agree with that. Even when we went down 1-0 to that flooky goal, there was no panic and the players just stepped up a gear and evened the score within 2 or so minutes. We were stroking the ball about really nice and although Sunderland had their full team back in defence, we were patiently prodding and poking looking for that little gap in the defence to slot the ball through.

Alot of excellent individual performances last night and really glad Boyata had a virtually trouble free, steady game. Navas also had a really good game. Hope jack got to see it tongue.png

I did.

I purposely slag our players off, because then they come back and start playing. Worked with Dzeko, to a point, last season. This season Yaya. Now Navas.laugh.png .

• Like 2

CORRECTION

I did.

I purposely slag our players off, because then they come back and start playing. Worked with Dzeko, to a point, last season. This season Yaya. Now Navas.laugh.png .

Can you have a go at Mangala next laugh.png

• Like 1

Not said this many times but I enjoyed that, we were excellent. Performance of the season.

I think that we started OK for the first 18 minutes anyway....but after the equaliser we were completely overwhelmed....the best team won....can't argue with that....I agree that our goal was a fluke...luckily Aguero was substituted other wise it could have been worse

• Like 2

Just watched the Newcastle 2v1 Chelsea game. Isn't football unbelievable at times! Anybody can beat anybody on any day...you just need that little bit of luck. So fair play to Newcastle for doing what nobody else could do and a BIG THANKS...although Steven Taylor almost did his best effort to kamikaze his team mates with his usual headless-chicken act.

• Like 1

Not said this many times but I enjoyed that, we were excellent. Performance of the season.

I think that we started OK for the first 18 minutes anyway....but after the equaliser we were completely overwhelmed....the best team won....can't argue with that....I agree that our goal was a fluke...luckily Aguero was substituted other wise it could have been worse

You started the better of the two teams, buckley and wickham in particular on zaba were giving us problems, and when we went a goal behind I for one thought here we go again. It was so important that we equalised quickly. But I think you ran in to City just as the majority of players put a shift in for the first time this season.

Think most of us on here would be interested in why the fans started leaving so early...I was so shocked...it has to be due to a series of games and not just due to being 1v4 down...right?

Good luck today.

You started the better of the two teams, buckley and wickham in particular on zaba were giving us problems, and when we went a goal behind I for one thought here we go again. It was so important that we equalised quickly. But I think you ran in to City just as the majority of players put a shift in for the first time this season.

Think most of us on here would be interested in why the fans started leaving so early...I was so shocked...it has to be due to a series of games and not just due to being 1v4 down...right?

Good luck today.

North east football fans are very unforgiving....it's probably because we had a good start and then fizzled out...this is an old story...unfortunately.....Thanks for your good wishes for todays battle against Liverpool

Man City V Everton: So far I've seen 2 kung foo style kicks (one of which should have resulted in a RED card IMHO) which are better than any I've seen in any of Bruce Lee's movies.....On a different note, lets hope Aguero's injury is minor and he can return soon...he is the most awesome player I've watched this season....Also, fair play to Milner who wasn't looking for a penalty....you can't play it on your fiddle...I wonder if referee's are required to have their eyesight tested regularly.....

Edited by mxyzptlk

The injury to Aguero in the 6th minute doesn't look good, hope he isn't out for too long. We clearly struggled to get some flowing football going and it wasn't the prettiest of games but I'm glad we showed some fighting spirit. The treatment room is getting pretty full now.

The young lad Pozo replaced Aguero and I don't want to sound harsh but apart from that one shot he had, I didn't see anything positive from his contribution. Hope there is much, much more in his locker.

Championship winning teams sometimes have to grind a result out and yesterday was such a day. Always thought we were the better team and we battled admirably for those 3 points. Some excellent performances from Jimmy and Clichy who easily won the battle on their side, Nasri who was up for it, effective and I've never seen work so hard before, Demechellis (I've become quite a fan of his cool defending) and Hart's match winning save.

Mangala needs to lean how to channel all that energy and physicality. ..we shouldn't write him off as Demi proved...but my opinion is that cheap 21 yr old Nastasic looks easily as good if not better that very expensive 23 yr old Mangala.

So after Chelsea being very very good all season and us being not very good all season and yet they're only 3 points ahead...and despite our awful run of key injuries...for a while last night it looked Aguro Silva Yaya Kompany...the 4 key players. ..were all out.

Come on City...give it ago Wednesday but don't throw semi fit players (Kompany Silva Jovetic) in if it endangers our Premier progress.

Good to see Pozo get on, looks behind the progress of Lopes, but let's not forget he was up against Jagielka and the very wily Distin.

• Like 1

The injury to Aguero in the 6th minute doesn't look good, hope he isn't out for too long. We clearly struggled to get some flowing football going and it wasn't the prettiest of games but I'm glad we showed some fighting spirit. The treatment room is getting pretty full now.

The young lad Pozo replaced Aguero and I don't want to sound harsh but apart from that one shot he had, I didn't see anything positive from his contribution. Hope there is much, much more in his locker.

It doesnt sound good for Aguero. Knee ligament damage from what I have read.

So what now? Pozo looked out of his depth. Anonymous for most of the game. Jovetic when fit is not an out and out striker. Do we recall Guidetti? Is he ready?.The young Nigerian kid, Ihaneacho, only 17 or 18, looked great pre season. Is it worth taking a chance? Leaves us only Dzeko who for me is too hot and cold.

Its a shame, because the last 3 games we have won, we have been in total control. Southampton, Sunderland and Everton.... teams historically who have caused us problems over the years, all dispatched. Only 3 points behind now, but I dont see our team without Aguero/Silva/Kompany, being quite upto pipping Chelsea.

Fingers crossed on the Aguero front. I sure hope Silva is nearly ready, we are gonna need him over the xmas fixture list. To be fair on Dzecko, he stood up to the challenge when Aguero was missing for large parts last year. Hope he can muster up the same this time.

I agree about the Nigerian lad. I said the same over pre-season, he looked the bizz but I don't know if he is out on loan somewhere. Not sure about Guidetti as I don't think we can recall a player out on loan. Remember the goalkeeping problem we had a few years back in 2010 I think when Shay Given was injured and we couldn't get Hart back from Birmingham. Both City and Birmingham sort of agreed he could return with huge compensation figures to Birmingham but the Premier League stepped in and said we couldn't. We ended up with some geezer (Fulop I think) from Sunderland.

I'm happy we have norrowed the gap from 8 points to 3 in about two weeks but yeah, it's gonna be hard catching Chelsea and then staying ahead, especially with key players missing.