Manchester City

mrbojangles

Again the game not available to me. If Aguero has ligament damage I hope it is Silva-like ligament damage and not one of those long term injuries. Such a pity, and I would say poor timing but losing Aguero anytime is a problem.

Just had a look at mcfc.co.uk squad pages to see what is Kelechi Promise Iheanacho situation, and couldn't see his name which made me wonder whether he's actually our player ( seem to remember there were work permit issues).

So Pelle called it right...all teams will drop points. Who would have thought 9 points behind at the beginning of November would be cut to 3 points now...and we've rarely got out of 3rd gear all season. Keep saying that if we keep hanging in there then it might swing in our favour, might.

^clap2.gif

Not forgetting your terrible injury list.

The inexperience of winning titles is very evident in your post BB ...end of January the aim is to be in touch not now..but i thoroughly enjoyed your optimism as for your youth player never heard of him but you might need to start playing a few.

^clap2.gif

The inexperience of winning titles is very evident in your post BB ...end of January the aim is to be in touch not now..but i thoroughly enjoyed your optimism as for your youth player never heard of him but you might need to start playing a few.

"end of January the aim is to be in touch not now" says who? The aim is to be in touch (and hopefully out of sight) come MAY not January.

Your first sentence ("The inexperience of winning titles is very evident in your post BB) sums up manu so well, and not in a good way MrRed.

^clap2.gif

"end of January the aim is to be in touch not now" says who? The aim is to be in touch (and hopefully out of sight) come MAY not January.

Your first sentence ("The inexperience of winning titles is very evident in your post BB) sums up manu so well, and not in a good way MrRed.

Very true bb...we are the dogs when it comes to winning titles in abundance are we not...experience in abundance.

^clap2.gif

Very true bb...we are the dogs when it comes to winning titles in abundance are we not...experience in abundance.

Getting ahead yourself aren't you. Hope you won't mind if I correct your statement, which should correctly state "we WERE the dogs when it CAME to winning titles in abundance WERE we not". Past tense my son, past tense.

• Like 1

Just had a look at mcfc.co.uk squad pages to see what is Kelechi Promise Iheanacho situation, and couldn't see his name which made me wonder whether he's actually our player ( seem to remember there were work permit issues).

So Pelle called it right...all teams will drop points. Who would have thought 9 points behind at the beginning of November would be cut to 3 points now...and we've rarely got out of 3rd gear all season. Keep saying that if we keep hanging in there then it might swing in our favour, might.

I did some research. Kelechi is our player. Currently loaned out to Columbus Crew.

Cant play for City until January due to EU work rules........ non EU players have to be 18 before they can play in the community.

http://nigerianwatch.com/news/5932-manchester-city-confident-of-getting-work-permit-for-mercurial-eaglet-kelechi-iheanacho

• Like 1

Yeah, 4-6 weeks is what is being reported in Argentina. At least it wasn't a big time ACL or nasty meniscus tear.

Bad news made worse by the striker corp being beat up at the moment.

Where is City vis a vis FFP come January ? Can we expect a striker in if injuries continue to be an issue ? Do any of the slightly blooded and not at all blooded have any real possibility of helping ?

Yeah, 4-6 weeks is what is being reported in Argentina. At least it wasn't a big time ACL or nasty meniscus tear.

Where is City vis a vis FFP come January ? Can we expect a striker in if injuries continue to be an issue ? Do any of the slightly blooded and not at all blooded have any real possibility of helping ?

I think we are only just making break even so unless NYC want to buy Messi and loan him to us we are pretty stuffed on buying a top notch striker. Dzecko is coming back, so we'll have to put faith in him and to be fair, he delivered last year when Aguero was out.

I think we are only just making break even so unless NYC want to buy Messi and loan him to us we are pretty stuffed on buying a top notch striker. Dzecko is coming back, so we'll have to put faith in him and to be fair, he delivered last year when Aguero was out.

True about Dzeko last year and every finger crossed he can get up to speed. Any chance of Villa being transplanted from NYC ?

Grasping at straws here.thumbsup.gif

If not for FFP City would likely still have Negredo.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/oliver-holt-column-manchester-city-4777142

Oliver Holt column: Manchester City have gone home now United need to fear being shut out

The Blues' new £200m training base in the heart of their hometown should cause embarrassment and concern at Old Trafford

As a Mancunian, its hard not to feel great pride in the regeneration of a hitherto deprived part of the city.You dont have to take a tour of the City Football Academy (CFA) that was opened this week to sense that pride, although it helps.You just have to take the tram the smart, clean, gleaming new tram - a couple of stops from Manchester Piccadilly station.Get off at the Holt Town Metrolink station and walk up the hill to the Etihad Stadium, where the current champions of England play.Or alight at Etihad Campus or Velopark to find yourself at the centre of the kind of sport city that we are only used to glimpsing abroad.

More and more, clubs are divorced from their communities -particularly when it comes to their training grounds.Its the football equivalent of white flight. Their facilities are usually on the outside of town, either in an affluent suburb, further out in the countryside or close to the airport.Sometimes, all three.Real Madrid, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Inter Milan they all conform to that model.The players dont need to have any contact with their clubs community. They dont even need to see their city, except on match days.City have done the opposite of that.They have moved from their greenfield site at Carrington, outside the M60 motorway ring road, into Manchester city centre.City have come home.Before, City captain Vincent Kompany said, the players could stay on the borders of Manchester without ever coming in except for the game.Now we are in Manchester every single day.

United need to be careful that they do not get left behind here.They still have a massive support base, a spectacular record of winning trophies, a proud tradition of bringing kids through from the youth team, considerable spending power and a club history as rich and as powerful as any in the world.

But, compared to what is going on at City, they are starting to look a little bit last century.Their training base, also at Carrington, seems tired compared to what City have just unveiled.Their media facilities - their outlet on the world are desperately outmoded compared to those of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea and City.If I was in any position of influence at Manchester United, Id be worried about the latest flood of information about developments at City.In fact, Id be embarrassed.Id be embarrassed that a gaggle of ex-United players have chosen to send their footballing sons to the CFA, not to their alma mater.And Id be embarrassed that City, once characterised as crazed spend-thrifts, are starting to look like the better long-term planners.Id be applauding the Glazers for recognising the need to throw money at replenishing the first team, but Id be suggesting that maybe instead of taking so much cash out of the club, they should be investing more heavily in the future, too.Thats what City are doing.Be as cynical as you want, but its hard not to admire Sheikh Mansours long-term vision for the club.Its hard not to think that, sooner or later, its going to pay off handsomely on the pitch, too.It has to.They dont build facilities like this for us to fail, Kompany said.

EXTRACTS FROM THE ARTICLE

True about Dzeko last year and every finger crossed he can get up to speed. Any chance of Villa being transplanted from NYC ?

Whatever way you look at it,city broke the rules and went on to win things by doing this...imo they got off lightly with a fine and now they are signing Lampard from a feeder club that they set up on loan and it is openly manipulating the laws of the game.Obviously it is lawful but i would say it is a loophole they are getting away with for the moment.

You really wouldn''t want to be signing anymore at NYC and doing the loans to city as it will bring more bad press and bending of the rules which were imposed by the powers that be in the first place.

There whistling.gif

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/oliver-holt-column-manchester-city-4777142

Oliver Holt column: Manchester City have gone home now United need to fear being shut out

The Blues' new £200m training base in the heart of their hometown should cause embarrassment and concern at Old Trafford

As a Mancunian, its hard not to feel great pride in the regeneration of a hitherto deprived part of the city.You dont have to take a tour of the City Football Academy (CFA) that was opened this week to sense that pride, although it helps.You just have to take the tram the smart, clean, gleaming new tram - a couple of stops from Manchester Piccadilly station.Get off at the Holt Town Metrolink station and walk up the hill to the Etihad Stadium, where the current champions of England play.Or alight at Etihad Campus or Velopark to find yourself at the centre of the kind of sport city that we are only used to glimpsing abroad.

More and more, clubs are divorced from their communities -particularly when it comes to their training grounds.Its the football equivalent of white flight. Their facilities are usually on the outside of town, either in an affluent suburb, further out in the countryside or close to the airport.Sometimes, all three.Real Madrid, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Inter Milan they all conform to that model.The players dont need to have any contact with their clubs community. They dont even need to see their city, except on match days.City have done the opposite of that.They have moved from their greenfield site at Carrington, outside the M60 motorway ring road, into Manchester city centre.City have come home.Before, City captain Vincent Kompany said, the players could stay on the borders of Manchester without ever coming in except for the game.Now we are in Manchester every single day.

United need to be careful that they do not get left behind here.They still have a massive support base, a spectacular record of winning trophies, a proud tradition of bringing kids through from the youth team, considerable spending power and a club history as rich and as powerful as any in the world.

But, compared to what is going on at City, they are starting to look a little bit last century.Their training base, also at Carrington, seems tired compared to what City have just unveiled.Their media facilities - their outlet on the world are desperately outmoded compared to those of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea and City.If I was in any position of influence at Manchester United, Id be worried about the latest flood of information about developments at City.In fact, Id be embarrassed.Id be embarrassed that a gaggle of ex-United players have chosen to send their footballing sons to the CFA, not to their alma mater.And Id be embarrassed that City, once characterised as crazed spend-thrifts, are starting to look like the better long-term planners.Id be applauding the Glazers for recognising the need to throw money at replenishing the first team, but Id be suggesting that maybe instead of taking so much cash out of the club, they should be investing more heavily in the future, too.Thats what City are doing.Be as cynical as you want, but its hard not to admire Sheikh Mansours long-term vision for the club.Its hard not to think that, sooner or later, its going to pay off handsomely on the pitch, too.It has to.They dont build facilities like this for us to fail, Kompany said.

EXTRACTS FROM THE ARTICLE

Very nice it may be but apart from a likkle ground for the women i dont think it has anything different than what United have at Carrington.....and i am positive the players will enjoy having to drive into and out of town everyday. wink.png

Do you know what there plans are for the old carrington site??

Whatever way you look at it,city broke the rules and went on to win things by doing this...imo they got off lightly with a fine and now they are signing Lampard from a feeder club that they set up on loan and it is openly manipulating the laws of the game.Obviously it is lawful but i would say it is a loophole they are getting away with for the moment.

You really wouldn''t want to be signing anymore at NYC and doing the loans to city as it will bring more bad press and bending of the rules which were imposed by the powers that be in the first place.

There whistling.gif

You RAGS are unbelievable at how you look at the world. You loan Falcao and all is OK. We loan fat Frank who everyone said is over the hill and who even Chelsea wouldn't give another contract but you cry foul play. Get over yourself.

• Like 1

You loaned fat frank from a team that you own!!!

I always thought that you could not own another club or have a controlling stake in another club and do direct business...it is very fishy isnt it ,if you don't see the point i am making then you need to take a serious look at yourself also David Villa was loaned out to Melbourne who you own 80% of ...where does it stop? How close(financially) does a club need to be or is it just in Europe?

It is no surprise you got done by the governing body last season they smelt a rat.

Falcoa is loaned from a club United have no financial interest or gain in.

here ya go if you don't know...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Football_Group

And i do understand affiliated clubs which is a different ball game normally just good relations about the youth and young players being given opportunity's in different training establishments to bring them along and also mainly having first shout on the cream of the crop at a price of course but most affiliated clubs are just that and you have no controlling interest in them.

Edited by MrRed

You loaned fat frank from a team that you own!!!

I always thought that you could not own another club or have a controlling stake in another club and do direct business...it is very fishy isnt it ,if you don't see the point i am making then you need to take a serious look at yourself also David Villa was loaned out to Melbourne who you own 80% of ...where does it stop? How close(financially) does a club need to be or is it just in Europe?

It is no surprise you got done by the governing body last season they smelt a rat.

Falcoa is loaned from a club United have no financial interest or gain in.

here ya go if you don't know...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Football_Group

And i do understand affiliated clubs which is a different ball game normally just good relations about the youth and young players being given opportunity's in different training establishments to bring them along and also mainly having first shout on the cream of the crop at a price of course but most affiliated clubs are just that and you have no controlling interest in them.

1. EUFA say City broke rules and we have been penalised. City disagreed but chose not to dispute it...read in to that what you will. The lawyer behind Bosman, disputes FFP and I believe is challenging it in the courts.

2. You say there's something fishy about City loaning Frank. If its an illegal action by City why aren't the Premier, FA, EUFA or anybody else doing anything about it. Read in to it what you will but unless or until action is taken against City, we are NOT guilty as you charge.

Can the same individual own two football clubs at the same time?

Ownership of football clubs and the integrity of the competition

One of the key aspects of the sporting world is to protect the integrity of the competition. If there is not a fair competition in the sporting context then this completely overshadows the sporting contest.It is therefore felt that if two football clubs are playing in the same competition and are owned by the same person or business this could have an adverse effect on the competition diminishing the integrity of the competition. As a consequence the same individual or business entity is unable to own two clubs playing in the same competition.

Manchester City...NY City...Melbourne City do not play in the same competition = no conflict or breaking of rules = NO PROBLEM!

MrRed if you want to discuss FFP, which has been flogged to death on this forum, you're supposed to take it outside, to the FFP Forum, where you'll probably find Chicog who's a firm fan of FFP FC.

I would be if they were taking it seriously.

I always thought that you could not own another club or have a controlling stake in another club and do direct business...it is very fishy isnt it ,

Now that your misunderstanding has been clarified, the rest of your "something smells fishy" post is null and void.

One of the key aspects of the sporting world is to protect the integrity of the competition. If there is not a fair competition in the sporting context then this completely overshadows the sporting contest.It is therefore felt that if two football clubs are playing in the same competition and are owned by the same person or business this could have an adverse effect on the competition diminishing the integrity of the competition. As a consequence the same individual or business entity is unable to own two clubs playing in the same competition.

Manchester City...NY City...Melbourne City do not play in the same competition = no conflict or breaking of rules = NO PROBLEM!

City have used the purchase of NYC to get Lampard and get around the FFP ban on them that was imposed by then loaning him to there parent club.

Whether you boys like it or not it stinks a little that they have been allowed to do this,although i agree no law is yet in place worldwide.

It will be interesting when the MLS starts to see if Frankie boy is sent back or told to stay,i am sure the bods are keeping a keen eye on you.

There is a fine line in owning two or more clubs and using a player only just signed and loaned to one from the other to get around a ban imposed for breaking the laws.

City have used the purchase of NYC to get Lampard and get around the FFP ban on them that was imposed by then loaning him to there parent club.

Whether you boys like it or not it stinks a little that they have been allowed to do this,although i agree no law is yet in place worldwide.

It will be interesting when the MLS starts to see if Frankie boy is sent back or told to stay,i am sure the bods are keeping a keen eye on you.

There is a fine line in owning two or more clubs and using a player only just signed and loaned to one from the other to get around a ban imposed for breaking the laws.

Frank was dumped by Chelsea and NYC snapped him up. However, due to NYC not having their first game in the MLS until 2015 it made sense to everyone that for Frank to stay fit, especially match fit, that he train and play with City. We are also paying his full salary, not a % like many loan deals are.

He's 36 for goodness sake, he's not Messi or Ronaldo. I seriously don't know what your gripe is.

City u19s despatched Roma 4-0 in the Italian sunshine to complete the UEFA Youth League group stages with maximum points.

Six wins from six against continental opposition will give Patrick Vieira huge satisfaction at the progress of his young charges, who scored all four goals in the last 20 minutes of this hotly-contested encounter.Bersant Celina, Jack Byrne, Thierry Ambrose and Brandon Barkerall found the net, but City had goalkeeper Angus Gunn to thank for the clean sheet, with the goalkeeper making a string of important stops.

Sorry but you continue to be wrong on this until such time as the Premier, FA, EUFA or any other relevant governing football body deems that we are in the wrong and have infringed the laws, but to the best of my knowledge they haven't therefore the loan of Lampard from NYCFC to MCFC is LEGITIMATE. Stop your whinging.

AfricanFootball.com can specially reveal today that EPL champions Manchester City have applied for a work permit for Nigeria youngster Kelechi Iheanacho.Iheanacho has yet to be capped at full international level by Nigeria but he has been capped by his country at U17 and U20 levels and City are most likely to use the special talent argument to get the Home office to grant Iheanacho the right to ply his trade in the UK.It was the same argument that helped Chelsea to give Mikel Obi a contract in 2006 even when by then he was not an established Nigeria international.City have applied for a work permit for Kelechi this week, one of the players representatives informedWe believe he will be granted the chance to play in England.Iheanacho was the MVP of last years FIFA U17 World Cup, which Nigeria won in fine style with the forward finishing also as the second leading scorer of the tournament.Last week, he was called up by Nigeria U23 team with coach Samson Siasia admitting he is a big fan.He equally shone during Citys pre-season training tour of the United States of America, scoring a couple of goals with class and composure.Iheanacho turned 18 recently and has been training with Major League Soccer (MLS) side Colombus Crew.Earlier this year, City said they may loan out the starlet when he is 18 and can sign a pro deal, but recent reports suggest they may keep him at the etihad Stadium.

There whistling.gif

We narrowly failed UEFA FFP on a technicality. We didn't break any FA or Premier League rules. The competitions we won were not UEFA competitions so the "rules" do not apply there. So even if your twisted logic were to be taken seriously for a single moment it would still be irrelevant. If you want to talk about broken rules perhaps we should be revisiting the FA ignoring their own rules regarding the ineligibility of Carlos Tevez while illegally loaned from a third party to the Salford Redsox?