Manchester City

mrbojangles

Whatever way you look at it,city broke the rules and went on to win things by doing this...imo they got off lightly with a fine and now they are signing Lampard from a feeder club that they set up on loan and it is openly manipulating the laws of the game.Obviously it is lawful but i would say it is a loophole they are getting away with for the moment.

You really wouldn''t want to be signing anymore at NYC and doing the loans to city as it will bring more bad press and bending of the rules which were imposed by the powers that be in the first place.

There whistling.gif

We narrowly failed UEFA FFP on a technicality. We didn't break any FA or Premier League rules. The competitions we won were not UEFA competitions so the "rules" do not apply there. So even if your twisted logic were to be taken seriously for a single moment it would still be irrelevant. If you want to talk about broken rules perhaps we should be revisiting the FA ignoring their own rules regarding the ineligibility of Carlos Tevez while illegally loaned from a third party to the Salford Redsox?

welcome Oblivious. I think you'll fit in nicely biggrin.png

On to tonights game. Haven't a clue what the line up will be with Yaya still suspended. Aguero definitely out with Fernandinho, Stevan Jovetic and Matija Nastasic still doubtful. Also not sure if Kompany and Silva are fit enough to start. With all those permutations it's hard to second guess at the minute.

On to tonights game. Haven't a clue what the line up will be with Yaya still suspended. Aguero definitely out with Fernandinho, Stevan Jovetic and Matija Nastasic still doubtful. Also not sure if Kompany and Silva are fit enough to start. With all those permutations it's hard to second guess at the minute.

Any outcome that doesn't lead to Thursday night fixtures is just fine with the Jellydog.smile.png

Any outcome that doesn't lead to Thursday night fixtures is just fine with the Jellydog.smile.png

Here, here. Hope Pellegrini has worked out his goal differences, unlike last year.

Yeah, yeah we know that Russ. Give us a chance will ya, we only opened the academy yesterday.

Hahahahahaha......

What did you have before then.?

Did you not have an 'academy' at all.? Where did some of the famous, run off the tongue youth household names come from then.?

:lol: :lol:

redrus

Yeah, yeah we know that Russ. Give us a chance will ya, we only opened the academy yesterday.

Hahahahahaha......

Did you not have an 'academy' at all.? Where did some of the famous, run off the tongue youth household names come from then.?

laugh.pnglaugh.png

redrus

As you well know Russ, we've never gobbed off about having a fantastic youth system. We leave that to you lot to harp on about...........incessantly biggrin.png We've had a few but yeah we have been far behind United's set up. But that'll change.

It just shows how the tide has turned when you lot are digging deep to find something that you are better than us at and whinge about us loaning a 36 year old. laugh.pnglaugh.png

Job done without our best striker, our best defender our most powerful midfielder and our most creative midfielder (for 75 min).

Bit of respect deserved, I think.

Thought Fernandhino was great tonight. Nice team performance.thumbsup.gif

As for Rags coming on here wittering on about our youth acadamy and FFP, lets give them a break. Its Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Nowt else football related they can do.laugh.png .

• Like 1

Hahahahahaha......

laugh.pnglaugh.png

redrus

As you well know Russ, we've never gobbed off about having a fantastic youth system. We leave that to you lot to harp on about...........incessantly biggrin.png We've had a few but yeah we have been far behind United's set up. But that'll change.

It just shows how the tide has turned when you lot are digging deep to find something that you are better than us at and whinge about us loaning a 36 year old. laugh.pnglaugh.png

Actually Mr B the platt lane academy was head and tails above United's back in the 70's and 80's and most of the 90's tongue.png it was there that most of your teams of yesterday (when you played youth players)started learning and we used to nick a few of you like the great Ryan Giggs biggrin.png

#ifyouknowyourhistory

Fair play good result that away in Italy....well done wai2.gif

Blimey. Cheers Red. I must admit I had to highlight your full post to see if there was a punch line that you'd written in white font tongue.png

I'm still waiting for a punch line though

No punchline any team goes to Rome and wins with the injuries you had and the experience they have is a good result ,i think most including yourselves thought you might struggle to get the win needed.

I didn't see the game as i was busy sleeping tongue.png believe it or not i want you and Chelsea to do well in Europe.

Excellent mature Euro performance - well done. Roma probably the best of the non-qualifiers.

In your case you probably don't need to pray for Monaco or Porto in the next round - though in reality on our night, or preferably two nights even we can do enough to get a two leg win over everyone but Bayern, Real (and Chelsea)!

Edited by SantiSuk

Fair play good result that away in Italy....well done wai2.gif

Blimey. Cheers Red. I must admit I had to highlight your full post to see if there was a punch line that you'd written in white font tongue.png

I'm still waiting for a punch line though

No punchline any team goes to Rome and wins with the injuries you had and the experience they have is a good result ,i think most including yourselves thought you might struggle to get the win needed.

I didn't see the game as i was busy sleeping tongue.png believe it or not i want you and Chelsea to do well in Europe.

We've caught him a good mood, Mr.B. He should get a good night's sleep more often!

Yep, that was a good performance alright and now we have three teams in the draw.

I would imagine you can perm the same we did, except you can't play your own group winners, so:

Real Madrid

A. Madrid

B. Dortmund
Barcelona

Porto

Monaco

Very droll Russ. You might like this biggrin.png

Scholes: City Football Academy a worry for Man Utd

The former Manchester United midfielder believes City currently hold the advantage when it comes to attracting young players.

Paul Scholes says joining Manchester City was "not even a consideration" when he was young - but now things have changed.

The retired midfielder came through the Manchester United academy and, as one of the Class of 92, was part of a youth group that went on to be tremendously successful for the Reds.

But while United continue to develop young players for the first team, Scholes says that it is the Blues that have moved ahead from the days when he was deciding which club to join.

"Thirty years on, and the picture in Manchester is very different and, as a United fan, it worries me," he wrote in his Independent column .

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scholes-city-football-academy-worry-8275872

• Like 1

Can the same individual own two football clubs at the same time?

Ownership of football clubs and the integrity of the competition

One of the key aspects of the sporting world is to protect the integrity of the competition. If there is not a fair competition in the sporting context then this completely overshadows the sporting contest.It is therefore felt that if two football clubs are playing in the same competition and are owned by the same person or business this could have an adverse effect on the competition diminishing the integrity of the competition. As a consequence the same individual or business entity is unable to own two clubs playing in the same competition.

Manchester City...NY City...Melbourne City do not play in the same competition = no conflict or breaking of rules = NO PROBLEM!

City have used the purchase of NYC to get Lampard and get around the FFP ban on them that was imposed by then loaning him to there parent club.

Whether you boys like it or not it stinks a little that they have been allowed to do this,although i agree no law is yet in place worldwide.

It will be interesting when the MLS starts to see if Frankie boy is sent back or told to stay,i am sure the bods are keeping a keen eye on you.

There is a fine line in owning two or more clubs and using a player only just signed and loaned to one from the other to get around a ban imposed for breaking the laws.

Sorry but you continue to be wrong on this until such time as the Premier, FA, EUFA or any other relevant governing football body deems that we are in the wrong and have infringed the laws, but to the best of my knowledge they haven't therefore the loan of Lampard from NYCFC to MCFC is LEGITIMATE. Stop your whinging.

Pellegrini keen to keep Lampard at Manchester City

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini wants to retain the services of on-loan midfielder Frank Lampard and hopes for a quick decision on his future.

Lampard, 36, is currently on loan from City's sister club New York City until the end of December.

Pellegrini said: "I think Frank is a very important player for us and I hope we will not have any problems for him to stay here.

"I hope we can have a decision as soon as possible."

Lampard, 36, who joined New York after being released by Chelsea at the end of last season, is due to start pre-season training with his new club ahead of their first season in Major League Soccer, which begins on March.

But with City midfielder and Ivory Coast international Yaya Toure set to miss a number of games from early January due his involvement in the Africa Cup of Nations, City are keen to extend Lampard's stay at the Etihad Stadium until the end of the season.

Pellegrini added: "He has a loan just until the end of December and there is another club involved. The MLS is involved also.

"There are a lot of parties with an arrangement. It's not just depending on one opinion.

"If he can finish the year here, better - but I think that the MLS is a very important league also and I think that Frank Lampard will be very happy in the United States."

Former England international Lampard has so far made 13 appearances for City, starting four games and scoring five goals.

Now then gentleman i hope that you are not wearing those blue tinted spectacles and can clearly see the conflict of interest in this deal now!!

If it was any other straight forward loan he would be bound by his contract to return to the club he signed for especially as he hasn't even trained with them yet...but....