Manchester City

mrbojangles

A year ago tonight we were champions...lets hope in a calendar year we'll be celebrating again.

Let's hope so BB. But I think we will have to spend this year. Interestingly we have spent less than United, Chelsea and Liverpool over the last 2 years to try and comply with FFP. I think we should shove two fingers up at them this year as United (even with their deb't) are outspending everyone in the prem. This is what's wrong with FFP in my opinion.

attachicon.gifEPL spend.JPG

I guess those figures are gross not net?

A year ago tonight we were champions...lets hope in a calendar year we'll be celebrating again.

Let's hope so BB. But I think we will have to spend this year. Interestingly we have spent less than United, Chelsea and Liverpool over the last 2 years to try and comply with FFP. I think we should shove two fingers up at them this year as United (even with their deb't) are outspending everyone in the prem. This is what's wrong with FFP in my opinion.

You'd think with the NETT 570 million pounds you spent from 2004-2014 you'd have had some decent players in.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-2003-to-date/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-2003-to-date

coffee1.gif

I guess as an Arsenal fan you need to have a decent memory eh!

Because we've won a trophy since you last did - not necessary.

biggrin.png

aeb20a1a-c4dd-4567-a748-cc0e09941ec0_16x

Think you'll find the Championship was the trophy being discussed!

I thought you spending more money to give you a chance of winning it again was the topic being discussed.

w00t.gif

I think the management will factor this in when reviewing Pelle end of season. Spending was a factor this season; we are the "little horse" currently.

Yeah they should show a little compassion when reviewing Pelle, after all he only net spent 60m last season whistling.gifbiggrin.png

You'd think with the NETT 570 million pounds you spent from 2004-2014 you'd have had some decent players in.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-2003-to-date/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-2003-to-date

coffee1.gif

Won 2 championships in the past 3 seasons, so are YOU saying we don't have "some decent players in"? If so...proof of your football knowledge (lack of).

Yeah they should show a little compassion when reviewing Pelle, after all he only net spent 60m last season whistling.gifbiggrin.png

I think his P45 is already being prepared in anticipation of a Teutonic replacement....

coffee1.gif

Won 2 championships in the past 3 seasons, so are YOU saying we don't have "some decent players in"? If so...proof of your football knowledge (lack of).

I've always said you have decent players (and Sagna).

You just have a manager who isn't up to the job.

But as I said above, that problem is most likely being addressed.

biggrin.png

I guess as an Arsenal fan you need to have a decent memory eh!

Because we've won a trophy since you last did - not necessary.

biggrin.png

aeb20a1a-c4dd-4567-a748-cc0e09941ec0_16x

Think you'll find the Championship was the trophy being discussed!

I thought you spending more money to give you a chance of winning it again was the topic being discussed.

w00t.gif

No the subject matter was "A year ago tonight we were champions...lets hope in a calendar year we'll be celebrating again" (1st post in the trail); keep up.

coffee1.gif

But as I said above, that problem is most likely being addressed.

biggrin.png

Chicog, think you'll find your last post contradicts your previous post. Nice one.

coffee1.gif

So you think what players a club bought 11 years ago, is relevant to todays teams, never mind that FFP wasn't around then, which is the point I was making. Mmmm. Just being argumentative for arguments sake again I see.

coffee1.gif

So you think what players a club bought 11 years ago, is relevant to todays teams, never mind that FFP wasn't around then, which is the point I was making. Mmmm. Just being argumentative for arguments sake again I see.

Chicog you've been sussed.

Chicog you've been sussed.

Really?

I count 19 players brought in in the last three years. Here's the link as it doesn't format too well.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/manchester-city/english-football-teams/manchester-city-transfers

cheesy.gif

Manchester City Combined Totals £893,880,000 £262,453,000 £631,427,000 1151 Players Purchased Fee Player Sold Fee Net Total Points Position Season 14/15 Bacary Sagna Free Costel Pantilimon Free Fernando £12,000,000 Joleon Lescott Free Willy Caballero £6,000,000 Alex Henshall Free Bruno Zuculini £1,500,000 Gareth Barry £2,000,000 Eliaquim Mangala £40,000,000 Alex nimely Released Wilfried Bony £28,000,000 Jack Rodwell £10,000,000 Javia Garcia £13,000,000 Emyr Huws £2,500,000 Reece Wabara Released Thomas Agyiri Released Kieran Kennedy Released George Swan Released PTS POS £87,500,000 £27,500,000 £60,000,000 Season 13/14 Jesus Navas £22,900,000 Ryan McGivern Free Fernandinho £30,000,000 Carlos Tevez £12,000,000 Álvaro Negredo £20,600,000 Kolo Toure Free Stevan Jovetic £25,800,000 Wayne Bridge Free Zacharias Faour £400,000 Omar Elabdellaoui Free Martín Demichelis £3,500,000 Roque Santa Cruz Released Jeremy Helan £400,000 Maicon Free Denis Suárez £1,000,000 Abdul Razak Undisclosed Prem Harry Bunn Free PTS POS Total £103,200,000 £13,400,000 £89,800,000 86 1 Season 12/13 Jack Rodwell £15,000,000 Greg Cunningham Undisclosed Scott Sinclair £8,000,000 Ahmed Benali Free Matija Nastasic £12,000,000 Vladimir Weiss £1,500,000 Maicon £3,000,000 Emmanuel Adebayor £5,000,000 Richard Wright Free Adam Johnson £10,000,000 Jave Garcia £16,000,000 Stefan Savic £3,000,000 Godsway Donyoh Free Nigel De Jong £3,500,000 Owen Hargreaves Released Gai Assulin Free Andreas Mancini Free Joan Angel Roman Free Prem Mario Balotelli £17,000,000 Pts Pos Totals £54,000,000 £40,000,000 £14,000,000 78 2

Edited by Chicog

Sorry chicog but you've lost me here. You first state or imply that we've brought no decent players in, then when I query that you state that we have brought decent players in, now you cut and paste a list of players. ????

I said with the money you've spent you should have had some decent players in.

Then I listed the players you've brought in in the last three years.

All this in response to you saying you need to spend more money.

And you still don't get it?

blink.png

Actually you stated that we'd not brought any decent players in since 2004 or so. I queried if you believed that and you stated the opposite thereby contradicting yourself. Keep squirming.

Where did I state that then?

No wonder you're getting confused, you can't read.

biggrin.png

Of course we have some decent players. You don't win 2 titles in three years without decent players do you?

All teams need to carry on spending and they all will do, United have already started. I will hyperthetically wager you that EVERY single Prem club will spend money this summer, so why should it be unacceptable for us to state the same?

Of course we have some decent players. You don't win 2 titles in three years without decent players do you?

All teams need to carry on spending and they all will do, United have already started. I will hyperthetically wager you that EVERY single Prem club will spend money this summer, so why should it be unacceptable for us to state the same?

I didn't say it was unnacceptable, I just said for the amount of money you've spent and the number of players you've brought in, you shouldn't need to spend loads.

But you will want to anyway, because you'll have a new manager and your owner has the patience of a gnat with ADHD.

biggrin.png

Actually you stated that we'd not brought any decent players in since 2004 or so. I queried if you believed that and you stated the opposite thereby contradicting yourself. Keep squirming.

biggrin.png

Clearly forgotten YOUR 1ST POST which stated:

"You'd think with the NETT 570 million pounds you spent from 2004-2014 you'd have had some decent players in." See the contradiction yet Chicog? Keep on squirming.

I didn't say it was unnacceptable, I just said for the amount of money you've spent and the number of players you've brought in, you shouldn't need to spend loads.

But you will want to anyway, because you'll have a new manager and your owner has the patience of a gnat with ADHD.

biggrin.png

Chicog think back to the season before our takeover in September 2008. We were a midtable club with midtable players. We were very fortunate to be bought by the sheik...I don't believe any City fans feel were were not fortunate and/or have ANY gripes about the time since the takeover. In the 6 years since we had a lot of catching up to do if we were to compete for the Premier (think you'll agree we have done that) and in europe (we are still learning). To do so, just like Chelsea did when they came in to money, we had to buy buy buy. The core of our team since we won the FA Cup 5 years back has been Hart..Zaba..Clichy/Kolorov..Kompany. .Yaya..Silva..Nasri..Dzeko ..Aguero. It seems we've reached the point where we need to freshen up the core. Then there's the non-core players which come and go. So yes, if you want to stay at the top, you need to consistently buying and recharging. ManU have felt the affects the past 2 seasons of not keep refreshing in the previous 4 seasons. If we want to win the Premier next season I have no doubt we will have to buy at least 3 TOP players as Chelsea did last summer.

Why do you criticise our owners patience, on what basis? He brought in his own man to replace Hughes (also nothing to suggest Hughes is a top manager, or one who could move us forward). Mancini was replaced (not a popular decision with the fans) because he'd lost the dressing room/was abrasive, and that move proved successful.

You seem to think you know a lot about our club, but you don't!

biggrin.png

"You'd think with the NETT 570 million pounds you spent from 2004-2014 you'd have had some decent players in." See the contradiction yet Chicog? Keep on squirming.

Admit it. English isn't your first language is it. And you just don't get sarcasm.

blink.png

Why do you criticise our owners patience, on what basis? He brought in his own man to replace Hughes (also nothing to suggest Hughes is a top manager, or one who could move us forward). Mancini was replaced (not a popular decision with the fans) because he'd lost the dressing room/was abrasive, and that move proved successful.

It's OK if you choose the Tiny Totts model, really. Change managers like underpants and buy lots of players. Bound to work sometimes.

biggrin.png

It's OK if you choose the Tiny Totts model, really. Change managers like underpants and buy lots of players. Bound to work sometimes.

biggrin.png

...or you can keep the same manager for NINETEEN years, win the Premier just TWICE in those NINETEEN years, and not win the Premier for the past ELEVEN years ;-)

biggrin.png

Admit it. English isn't your first language is it. And you just don't get sarcasm.

blink.png

I admit it, English isn't my first language, Mancunian is. And you still can't get away from the fact that you contradicted yourself, DOH! Keep squirming.

biggrin.png

...or you can keep the same manager for NINETEEN years, win the Premier just TWICE in those NINETEEN years, and not win the Premier for the past ELEVEN years ;-)

And build a new stadium whilst selling our best players and still not only qualify for the CL but get to the knockout stage most times.

I'm quite proud of that.

What are you proud of?

Getting a free stadium and spending 600 million buying a trophy?

And generally embarrassing yourself in Europe every time.

Gosh, I'm envious.

tongue.png

I admit it, English isn't my first language, Mancunian is. And you still can't get away from the fact that you contradicted yourself, DOH! Keep squirming.

You're like a dog with a bone. Or rather a dog with a stick who thinks it's a bone.

blink.png